DAYS/B&B: The Koslow/Mascolo Swap...

• Members

Okay, I have a little question here.

A few years back, Days and B&B made a deal where Lauren Koslow would appear on B&B for a few episodes if B&B would allow Days to use Joseph Mascolo for a few episodes, in return.

Well, as we all know, Koslow taped her scenes for B&B, but Days never got Mascolo back in return. I assume that the show simply never asked to use him, idiotically... but I digress.

Anyway, now that Joe Mascolo is off B&B, do you think it would be possible for Days to still use a B&B actor for a few days -- like, say, Eileen Davidson? I hadn't thought about it until now, but I'm fairly certain that if Days went to B&B and asked to use her for a few days, and Eileen Davidson had no qualms about it (I'm sure she'd be open to coming back and seeing her Days crew again), the show would probably give it their stamp of approval since they never got the chance to hold up their end of the bargain a few years back.

The return of Kristen -- even for only a day or two -- is still entirely possible! But is it plausible?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would make sense for them to do that. Having ED reprise a role, lol any role would be great! B&B does owe Days but then again, Days never really used the opportunity. It is Days' fault for ruining the opportunity. Its funny how B&B was so pumped on using the Mark character and went through all the trouble to get LK to return for a few episodes and Mark just dissapeared.

• Members

From what I hear of the original deal, it was Joe Mascolo who didn't want to return to Days for the one episode, he was probably not on very good terms with Corday at that time.

There were restrictions to the swap too, Bradley and Ken agreed that the actors had to have scenes where their characters were seen in flashback/past scenes, instead of present reality.

I do know Bradley and Ken are apparently friends though, so you never know what could happen.

• Members

How could the deal be approved if Joe Mascolo himself didn't agree to the return? That sounds bogus. I'm pretty sure that it was 'Days' screwup... they simply didn't use him, as instructed. Perhaps they waited too long, THEN wanted to use him and Mascolo didn't want to do it anymore, by which time B&B wasn't obligated to make him since the deal had expired, LoL. Who knows?

As for the "flashback only" restriction, I don't buy that, either. I watched the B&B episodes when she was on, and they sure didn't seem like flashback scenes to me!

• Members

I'm sure the contract stipulated that only the two actors in question could be swapped. Otherwise, Corday could have "spent" his two episodes on Susan Flannery. :wub:

ETA: Koslow was used in a flashback scene involving Dr Mark McClaine. Bell inserted it to establish that Mark was the son of Clarke Garrison, Margo's former lover. There was a short-lived triangle involving Mark, Bridget & CJ (Clarke's other son). Not sure whether Margo is dead or alive.

• Members

Really? Wow, my memory of it must be pretty hazy then, because I don't recall her scenes being flashbacks or fantasy sequences. I don't recall any 'fuzzy Koslow,' LoL

I'm probably wrong, though. Meh.

• Members

That's still good. I do remember the flashbacks, Mark was just remembering telling his mother (I think her name was Margo) he got the job in LA where his father lives. The colour was off, so it was a flashback.

I would love with they flashbacked to a DiMera family reunion or something...Stefano, Tony, Lexie, Anna, EJ and Susan/Kirsten.

A bit off topic but since Anna is returning do you think she has a tie with EJ? When Carrie was on and EJ just arrived, she did keep asking EJ if they knew each other.

• Members

It would've been so much easier for Days to do a swap with Y&R, when Eileen was there. Since both Days and Y&R are both ultimately owned by Sony, and Corday himself has some stalk in Y&R. But I doubt that ever crossed Corday's mind. :rolleyes:

I recently read a 2000 interview with Corday where he said he had the opportunity to get Eileen back in 99 when she was offered to come back to Y&R, but he passed because he felt they didn't "need her".

Anyway, side-note, someone posted a classic B&B clip in the video forum with Koslow, where Margo was being a manipulative/catty bitch. It is me or has she essentially played Kate on Y&R, B&B, and Days? :lol:

• Members

Yeah, but that was under Reilly. A different writer's plan. I doubt there's anything that will come of it.

As for flashing back to a Kristen scene, perhaps we could see Stefano or EJ 'remembering' one of the Salemites finding Kristen and killing her... hence Stefano sending EJ to Salem to avenge his "mother's" death. That would set up a little "Who Killed Kristen?" scenario, and said person probably knows that they're the catalyst for EJ coming to Salem and destroying lives, yet they keep their lips zipped. Who could it be? Hmm....

Actually, that's a damn good idea! Now I'm pissed they'll never have the chance to use it, LoL. Sons of bitches!! Why, oh, why, can't I be the headwriter of this damn show?

• Members

Having ED return for one or a few days as Kristen is pointless. Kristen is too big a character for such a small return especailly after being gone so long. She has too much history and ties. If anything, this type of arrangement would best be suited for a brief Susan return, but do people really care to see her

Archived