ATWT: New Alison

• Members

Wow..I completely disagree. I thought JD was always lightyears ahead of PL and until AK as well..until he improved.

OMG..NEVER compare Alison to Katie! :blink: Alison was lovable and Katie, well, is definitely not at this point. :lol: As an Alison fan, I thought the writing sucked for the most part during JD's tenure. I think it's highly disappointing that TPTB, despite favouring her over the other teens, didn't do more with the character. I think the fact that I found Alison a fun character to watch despite the mediocre writing is a tribue to JD's portrayal. However, Alison did have her great moments. Anyone remember when Ali knocked Barbara to the ground when Babs tried to ruin Carly's fashion show? Hilarious! :lol: I also thought JD was great during the whole Dr. Rick storyline. Too bad they put Ali back in Lucy and Aaron's orbits...I thought her storylines with the adults were so much more entertaining (except for that awful pairing with Chris Hughes).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, I thought JD could have played a young bitch very well. Remember her first day? She sat down next to Lucy at the hospital (after Carly had been found, but Em was still missing) and snarked about what an a-hole Craig was, and when she realized she was talking to his daughter said "well...my sister's Emily Stewart." Like she understood being scorned because of who your family was. It was hilarious! Then they just made Ali into this over-emotional teen, who was Lucy's friend...yadda yadda...and just dumbed her down to the comedic relief.

Ugh...Chris/Ali. *cold shiver* Boring as paint drying. Now there was a severe case of TIIC listening to a fan base, and pushing the w.r.o.n.g. story.

• Members

I like nuAli as an overall actress, but she doesn't fit the character of "Alison" for me....AT ALL!

On another note, I will not tolerate another bad word about Peyton List. :P As anyone's mama probably knows by now, I'm her biggest fan!! :D

:mellow:

No, seriously.

And Agim's pretty good, too. I think the "Oakdale Three" was, by far, the best soap teen enseble to date on ATWT. (Aside from Kristina Sisco, Todd Rotondi, and Craig Lawlor...who still have my heart as 2nd best ATWT teen ensemble)

• Members

***sputters after blowing milk out her nose***

best...teen....ensemble....The Oakdale Three???!!!!! That's like comparing cheeze whiz to prize winning Wisconsin cheddar. I'm not this teen scene's biggest fan, but Jen, Jesse and Alex are all very talented. And Zach was better eye candy than Agim. :)

:) But I'll try not to slam your goddess Peyton anymore. She was, after all, lots better than Spencer Grammer.

• Members

I havnet watched her on ATWT but what was the point of her returning on Y&R and Emily following? Did this add anything to her story and do ATWT fans even feel it was necesary? Has it been referenced on the show?

• Members

They refer to "L.A." & "Vegas" all the friggin' time! :rolleyes:

But I didn't watch L.A. Diaries OR the Y&R crossover.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

(I sure do wish I knew if they gave a reason behind the Ali/Aaron fall-out though... :unsure:

• Members

I can't say that the Oakdale Three were lightyears ahead of the current teen group we have now because both are mixed bags for me. Both have/had actors I really liked and actors I just don't like at all. Both for the most part have had poorly written stories that were a real drag to watch.

That said, I'd have to say that I liked the Oakdale Three a little better for the fact that Alison was often the teen they seemed to try and push to the forefront the most (at least, after that torturous Oakdale Three story ended). This current teen scene seems to favour Jennifer Landon (who I just find overrated) by a longshot over her costars, who I believe are just as good if not better. I also thought Agim Kaba really improved over his run on the show and I found myself enjoying his scenes more and more as he did.

Archived