SOD Interview: Thaoo Penghlis

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Namecalling? :rolleyes::lol:

Anyway, I'm glad we're hearing from Thaao in an actual interview. He seems really excited so that makes me excited. Loved the Reilly digs. It's so funny how much people are coming out and saying things about him after they've praised him for the past 4 years. :lol: I love it!

• Members

Now that there's no way Reilly will ever come back to DAYS, there's no need to try to kiss his ass in hopes of a frontburner storyline. The icing on the cake for me would be to hear Deidre Hall admit that Reilly's second run sucked balls. To hear her say such drivel on talk shows like "Reilly is a genius" would make me cringe. But I realize it was to keep in his good graces, as was all the ass-kissing the actors did.

• Members

That's a good point. Pretty much everyone has taking jabs at JER, some subtle and some obvious. I think even Peter Reckell did back in the Fall in an interview. We all have seen Bryan Dattilo do it as well. Seeing Dee do it would be great but I don't see her doing it. It doesn't seem like something she would do.

• Members

I think he destroyed her. He made a once strong, vibrant, independent doctor into a chronic damsel in distress. During both of his tenures I really could not stand watching Dee on screen. Only since Hogan's taken over have the viewers seen the Marlena that made Dee so loved back in the show's heyday.

• Members

How did Reilly give Thaao the shaft? What wrong did he do?

The character of Tony sucked- no real denying that- but Penghlis was a scenery-chewing ham and that only made things worse. Still, he had a job, his character played a central part, kept coming back to life, he made some money. I don't remember him quitting.

The only people who got screwed were the viewers. Homeboy- and the rest of those who still pulled a paycheck- can suck it up and whine quietly, imho. I think I'm over actors speaking out and not, like, backing it up with action in the moment.

• Members

Last year in June when I met Bryan Datillo he personally told me he couldnt wait for the fat guy with 4 Emmy's to begin at DAYS because Reilly couldn't write for [!@#$%^&*]. Those were his exact words, BD is awesome in person. He cusses like a sailor!

I can't wait for Thaao to return, lets just hope thaaofridfan doesn't come back to SON.

• Members

I appreciate the honestly too. The constant spewing of puppies and rainbows gets pretty old when you know you're being BS'ed. I really wish actors felt they could be more honest--like, say, James Scott just was--in their interviews.

JER sucked big-time his last go around. And like it was said here previously, Thaao got shafted right along with Matt NUMEROUS times. It became ridiculous and a farce. It was overkill. Thaao is entitled to be honest and forthcoming, and I appreciate seeing someone express their TRUE feelings rather than the PC, suck-up crap we usually see in soap mags.

• Members

Yeah, but Dee is so good as the damsel in distress. It is what makes the J/M relationship for me. He's always saving her! It's refreshing when she saves him too, but I liked what JER did with Dee mostly. Except Alex!

• Members

JER wrote John and Marlena beautifully in the 90's. The affair, Maison Blanche, possession, all the way right through Aremid and up to the Secret Room, their love story was just so long-arcing and beautiful.

Anyway, y'know who should come back to help take down the DiMeras? Jamie Lyn Bauer as Laura Horton! She wanted to take 'em down so badly, and never got the chance... I'd hate for her to miss out on it! LoL

Archived