DAYS: Kate Roberts...

• Members

Yeah, Kate has three children on a show (and a few off-screen) and that automatically makes her important to the canvas. She's not useless -- there are dozens of ways that she could be utilized. It just requires a little thinking outside the box and paving a new story.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there could be several angle for Kate, I just dont see Days making the investment. With the DiMeras in town, I would definately like to see her mix it up with Stefano, and Tony. It's a shame Rex and Cassie turned out to be Roman's and not Tony's.

• Members

Thanks for the one star rating, Rion!

Nubs, what do you think of my Anna/Tony/Kate/Stefano idea? Putting Anna and Kate against one another over Tony, and pitting Tony/Stefano against one another over Kate. That could cause loads of internal strife for the DiMeras, aside from whatever other mayhem they might be causing for the Bradys.

• Members

Precisely. But Stefano has always had lust for Kate, and she's never given in to him. The fact that his son can easily get what he can't would cause lots of friction between the two. Would one or both of them betray one another over a woman?

With Tony, though? Kate doesn't trust him, but he's sexy to her... his danger appeals to her. She's been drawn to him before, and the results were explosive. Anyone remember their dance at Tuscany? They even got it on inside Tony's limo. You can see bits and pieces in the fan-made montage below...

Anyway, Kate wouldn't want Stefano, but Stefano certainly wants her. All this time, it hasn't bothered Stefano not having her... until he sees her under his nose with his son, and that's what could set him off.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

ETA: Watching that montage, Kate's the biggest whore in Salem. She's slept with Tony, Stefano, Victor, Curtis, Bill, Vincent Moroni, EJ, John, Roman, came close with Nicholas... is there anyone I'm leaving out? That's ten men in less than ten years! LoL

• Members

I have to admit, SOME of the soap business storylines I've seen have intrigued me. And "Passions" can almost insult me with how much they dumb it down. I love the show, but damn, the way Crane Industries is portrayed -- and we've actually had so-called corporate stories on this show! -- is just embarrassing! They just have a feud between Chad and Fox over who's going to steal whose "accounts" (and use that word 50 times an episode); or they'll have Valerie play on Kay's computer and have her, visibly, do some keyboard work, and then later cackle with Ivy about how they "sabotaged" Kay's work. Of course, Theresa's the head of Crane and always "has very important business to attend to" that keeps her very "busy." lol. Okay, I'll concede. I'd like to be treated a LITTLE more like an adult and less like a 4-year-old.

• Members

Despite what thoughts you all may conclude when you read what I have to say, I don't despise Kate. Kate has been this way for a long time. You can't change a person's character all that much for anything. So, I can't imagine Kate and Sami being friends and the feud coming to an end. This is true even if some life-turning event occurred. On the other hand, I don't want to see Kate losing interest in her enemy (Sami) and battling it out with someone else. A lot of the same tactics used against Sami would end up being applied there. Days hasn't had someone die, like really die as in never coming back, ever, I think. So, maybe Kate should die from a tragic accident or illness, to shake the town of Salem a little bit.

• Members

I think that sounds pretty good. The ideal storyline would take her character in a different direction that it has been so far while keeping her identity in tact (and personality as well). All the Kate vs. XXXX storylines may end up just being re-hashes of Sami or Nicole. Kate needs a storyline for herself. I was hoping Hogan would remove the redundancy of Kate vs. Sami but so far he hasn't, though everyone pointing it out to her seems like a good step. Kate should go into depression or something over her past life and have to deal with it, and of course, now with all her kids ganging up on her she would feel like she couldn't turn to them and chose to leave them out of her problem. It wouldn't be an alcoholic kind of thing since she is known for alcohol but a combination of everything that has made her who she is.

• Members

I also think the illness/trauma/ depression storyline could pave the way for a coma, etc., which would give Kate and Koslow the much needed break LOL. At one point it seemed like she was the next on the axing block but the exact opposite happened LOL she got ALL the airtime. I love Koslow though and don't think she should go.

• Members

I love both of these ideas, Kenny. :)

As an added twist to the Kate/Tony/Anna triangle, it could be revealed that Tony is Lucas's biological father. We only have Kate's word that Bill Horton is the dad since no DNA test was ever performed.

• Members

Kate hasn't had all that much airtime since 2005 when she was near the top in episode counts. The past two years her airtime tends to come in spurts, like the past 4 weeks where we have seen her alot. Up until that point. we had not see for most of January, February, and March. Lauren is like 15th or 16th in episodes this year and last year she was middle of the pack so she hasn't gotten as much airtime as you imply. 2005 she had a ton and I think we all agreed then that was too much.

Having said that, I think a story like a depression or something to that effect would do great. I also want them to go into Kate's background a bit more, maybe dive into her family history so help explain why she is so overprotective and all. That would be interesting. I also love the idea of a Kate/Tony/Anna story.

Hogan was doing right by her early on with her aiding the EJ investigation and getting involved with Victor but then he tossed her back into Sami obsession mode. I can only hope some of the rumors are true and we see some movement away from that.

• Members

I am all for an illness storyline for Kate. Throwing Sami into the mix would be great as well. Sami's always the first to know stuff, and it usually inolves being able to blackmail the person. Now, Sami knows something and she wants to tell Lucas, Billie, etc. but Kate doesn't want her to. It could really change the Kate/Sami feud rather well. I'm not saying they should become friends. Never. However, something needs to change. We need something new.

Archived