OLTL Discussion: Week of April 30th

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want Henry to snap! I want Henry to hook up with Langston or Starr. Cole can snap and be carted off to the funny farm. One thing I find about OLTL is that the show refuses to admit when something isn't working. It's plain as day that Cole sucks and the actor who plans Henry has screen presence and talent. Sometimes changing horses in mid stream is exactly what needs to be done. If TPTB had some vision they would run with what works and drop what doesn't, even if it means changing the original plan. I'm just sayin'.

• Members

Henry would be a great addition to the show. The actor, however, has a very promising career on Broadway. I don't think they can get him fulltime. I agree, he is great.

You know OLTL does dig its heels in about things when they make a change. I do think that Jessica now will stay with Antonio out of obligation. ohhh, prolonging the triangle. I think this story is about Antonio and have for some time. I think it will be him that makes the decision to end the marriage. I don't really care as long as it ends.

• Members

Thank god! The day Jessica is pregnant with Antonio's kid, is the day I have to take a break from their neverending crap... because then it just becomes ridiculous and torture.

I actually enjoyed the Starr/Langston/Henry/Britney story today, and I have a feeling it was because it didn't involve Cole and Starr/Cole in any way. I liked how Langston and Starr were reaching out to Henry; I just hope Starr is not the one that ends up hurt from him. Cole would spoil this part of the teen story. Part of me hopes Henry sticks around, and he becomes friends with Starr and Langston. Then they could build up the character, like they should be doing with Langston. When is this Marco/Markko character suppose to appear? Or is that buried, because of the change of the storyline?

:lol: Rex was funny! And why can't Layla get her own story, this character has been on longer than other characters and has proven herself to me (unlike boring ass Tate.) She needs a storyline for her, about her where Adriana, Rex, and Evangeline can play back up to her.

• Members

Blair was awesome yesterday!!! I love how she wouldn't back down. That cop was an azz!!! Blair and Dorian is always a treat!!

HSH- OK Starr pining over Cole is getting old. Langston should just hit her over the head with a stick until she STFU!!! I am loving Henry!!! The actor is amazing and I am captivated and interested in his character. Seem to me he could be another Todd Manning. I want Starr and Henry together!!!

Starr needs to find her b*tch bone. Right now I am rooting for Brittany!!! I love that little skank!!!

John/Cole- Ok so basically guns are bad. People kill people. Blah Blah Blah!!!

Miles and the Hooker- WTF!!!! Stop calling that old azz tricks turner. Got Miles is the most pathetic character on OLTL!!!

Miles/MArty- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Tate/Adrianna- Pretty soon Tate is going to have Adrianna thanking him for calling her out on the View. This is just so boring and stupid. Adrianna you are an idiot!!!

Rex/Girl- I don't care about Tate. I don't care about Tate's sexual orientation. I don't care about Tate's past. I don't care about this stupid storyline!!!!

• Members

I'm just not enjoying this focus on all the so-called prejudices of the OLTL characters. It's not because I don't think discussing veiled bigotries on a soap is not educational. It's because it's, and I'm sorry to be repetitive, just not being done very well and it s so inconsistent with all the characters.

Rex would not give one flip if Tate were gay, and he certainly would not go on a television show about it. During the entire Daniel reveal, there was no sign of any bigotry toward gays on the part of Rex and he was very involved in that story. Is Higley some kind of homophobe?

Previously the statements racial stereotypes were ham-handed. Now why would Layla make a comment about Latinos and anger issues? And really, Todd's comment about interracial romances was just out of the blue. When Vincent lectured Viki on racial tolerance, my jaw dropped.

If OLTL if flooding the show with newbies, why not have them be guilty of all these stereotypes rather than re-creating the personalities of longer term characters in order to manifest prejudice?

• Members

Finally glad to see this Jessica illness has started, can't wait to see what happens and to get some family togetherness. I really wish I could feel bad for Jess, but I just don't. They have totally ruined this character for me, but I'm hoping they will find a way for me to care about Jessica Buchanan once again. And its sad that the ONLY thing I'm looking forward to with this storyline, is seeing Viki.

Glad to see Blair call John, just for the simple fact it got him away from Marty.

Hope Blair doesn't get to frantic searching for Todd, and I hope that she tells the kids that he's missing, they need to know as well.

• Members

We'd all be in rehab if we swung back a beer everytime Starr utters "bitch". She's also too whiny. I can't believe this is Todd and Blair's kid.

I wonder how Henry is going to exact his revenge since the shooting has been scrapped.

Jessica has rung the alarm for heroes one too many times now.

• Members

I don't like how they are writing Starr. This is the same girl that's put pirahna in someone's bath water. Someone who cut up Asa's suits. Someone who has trekked across town, hell to another state all on her own, and she's pinning after Cole. PUHLEASE!! Will the real Starr Manning please stand up.

• Members

I thought it was just me that noticed it... her and Langston have probably called Britney a "b*tch" more in the past two days than anyone in the Llanview in the last two months.

As for Henry's revenge, I thought I saw a sprumor of a car accident... he cons Britney (or whoever) in the car and crashes it on purpose, so they can die together (or he attempts to commit suicide, caring who's in the car;) or maybe he's in a car and obessing over Britney and doesn't watch what he's doing and accidently hits someone (or hits Britney, because he's finally snapped)?

It was a bit weird seeing Natalie dishing out relationship advice... especially when she was reminding Jessica that she's Antonio's wife. She sure as hell wasn't remembering those morals when Evangeline was with John, a bit hypocritical to me, (but I guess that's usual for her.)

I had to roll my eyes at Blair calling Evangeline for advice, I wish Evangeline would just tell her silly @ss off (and I wish Evangeline would grow a pair of balls and be b*tchy to someone, instead of being the ultimate nice girl to everyone.) Blair wasted all the time cursing Evangeline to hell for being with Todd, while she slept with Cristian. and now she wants help from her. Please, when it's all said and done she'll be back to hating on Evangeline (for whatever reason she can find) while she can barely admit to herself that she loves Todd.

Enjoyed the Evangeline/Layla bonding and convo... like I said before, Layla needs her own storyline and soon.

• Members

I have to say that I am really enjoying watching this high school storyline right now....Jonathan Groff is knocking it out of the park as Henry. His reactions and words are very realistic, IMO.

It's sad, but the worst two characters in this storyline at the moment are Starr and Cole.

Langston and Britney are pretty good.

• Members

I think Henry is a really fine actor. I'm enjoying the storyline too. Personally, I would like it a lot better if it was a story about young people banding together against bad conduct rather than an tortured young man lashing out in violence. I don't think much is accomplished by making people who shoot up schools or shopping malls sympathetic characters. yes, they often are victims of little jerky kids, but no amount of abuse justifies shooting up a school. I'd feel better if good kids -- Starr was made a hero -- rather than a story of a kid killing others. Here's my point. Mass murderers don't just kill their abusers. They kill everyone. That is beyond nuts. It's evil. JMO. I don't want the Hack's twisted sense of entertainment making mass killings sympathetic or somehow saying a person was "driven to it." I could go on for a long time about people saying things like "there were all kinds of red flags. Someone should have seen it and stopped it." Maybe yes, maybe no, but the bad people in these things are the people who murder. They are the people who should be condemned and help responsible, not people who are already beating themselves up and saying I should have seen this coming. OK, I'll shut up.

Anyway, Brittney is a bi*tch and the actress is really very good. Henry is a nut, and the actor is very good. KA is a wonderful little actress. I don't like that the star of the show is playing a supporting role to the recurrings, but I think that will change.

I think before the triangle from hell is over Jessica, Nash and Antonio all will be struggling with Depends undergarments. OLTL just doesn't know when to declare victory with a couple and move on.

I think Blair is great. Does the fact that Todd is missing mean that she can't leave that nasty room all May? Give me some Dorian and Blair snarky. I miss it. It is so great to see Blair in charge of Blair again. It's been too long.

• Members

I noticed it too. I swear all the time and I did as a teen too, but I still don't want to hear it from 15 year olds on my TV. It just grates.

I'm very grateful that they have changed the school shooting storyline. I don't for a second thing the show could do it justice. Being rejected by a girl is not bullying. It's someone being mean to you. When I was in high school I saw some extreme physical bullying and the teachers and principal did nothing for months. That's the type of situation that drives a teen to thinking that they have to handle it on their own because it's not as if they can just stop going like an adult could. If the kid in my high school had done something extreme I think the teachers and principal absolutly should have felt guilty and should have seen it coming.

Luckily, he just survived and moved on like most kids do. I don't think it should come as any surprise that some kids snap under the fear that constant physical bullying produces. But I think a lot has changed in the last 10 years and adults are much more aware of the bullying issue and take it more seriously. At least I hope so. But as far as the show goes, I can see already that they don't really get it, so it's just as well they don't go there.

Archived