GL Discussion: Week of April 16th

• Members

Wow. Looks like Beth is having Rick's kid. I would be excited because I've wanted these two together for awhile, but I have a feeling these writers are going in another direction.

Can anyone tell me if Rick and Cassie have a history? I've watched GL for along time, but I missed a few years. I get the impression they don't, but that they soon will. <_< Oh well, I like them both so I'll get used to it. I just hate Beth with Alan.

The Gus/Daisy thing needs to stop. Yuck!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cassie's husband Richard died and his heart went to a sick Rick.

Richard got involved in a car accident and was onl ife support. Reva went against Cassie's wishes and pulled the plug. Reva went to jail for a while. Kim Zimmer complained about the story. Again.

I saw a bit of Guding Light on monday because of the bad weather.

Beth is a slut. Truly, she is.

GL is turning into AMC; too many baby centered stories.

Ava still has no purpose. Now she's osme fake wannabe bad girl in cahoots with Alan to get Coop? That's what I saw from the previews at least.

Daisy is a grimy brat. Ship her off to boarding school.

This show is need of dire improvement.

• Members

Ashlee as the shooter will make a little more sense once you see it. It was still a little out of left field, but I didn't hate it.

I hate Ava now. It's official. She's such a self indulgent little twit. Coop better not even think about taking her back. :angry:

Dillon is back. I wondered what happened. It seemed like a lot of time had passed, but he's back in town for good now. Looks like he'll cause some issues for Gush.

• Members

You mean you didn't hate her before? :P

I was going to watch today's show live but when I found out it was a Marina/Cyrus/Dinah ITL, I turned it off. I actually didn't think it was that bad from the first act but I'm in the midst of studying for finals and this happens to be the storyline I care the least about. :(

On a very late note...I LOVED the Beth/Alan-Michael scenes from the Mar. 9 episode. :D

• Members

Rick and Cassie sort of have a history. When Cassie was married to Richard (Jeffrey's look alike) he was involved a bad car accident and died. Richard's heart went to Rick, and it was a difficult decision for Cassie to make (although Reva took Richard off of life support). At the end, there was a scene where Cassie paid a visit to Rick after the heart surgery and it was pretty touching. I bet the writers have forgotten this though.

I watched the show yesterday, and I found it a mixed bag...as usual.

-I hate the Daisy/Gus story. The writers have totally forgotten Daisy's last stint in Springfield and I hate it. She was so likeable then, now her character is just so annoying. Also didn't DK write Tammy having a crush on her mother's boyfriend, Edmund? Or was that the writer before DK?

-It might just be me, but I always thought Beth and Rick should have had a child. Especially when Phillip was around. I just don't like how their going about it now. Beth is completely different character this time around, and Phillip, is gone.

-I'm really starting to like Ashlee now.

-GL is stupid if they think they're going to pair Olivia with Jeffrey the two time rapist.

-I still hate Ava.

-Cyrus is a cool addition to the canvas, but I just don't like the fact that he seems completely heartless sometimes. Esp. regarding Dinah.

• Members

She's reached a whole new level of obnoxious behavior as you'll see when you catch up. The other day she barged into Olivia's room and begged for advice on how not to be a user. It was just self indulgent to the extreme. I've never really liked her, but now I really just want someone to smack her. Plus, I think she wants Coop back.

I like Ashlee too and I kind of want her with Coop, but only if she isn't going to be a nut. They are making her a little too jealous and insecure right now. That's fine as long as she doesn't go over the edge (again lol)

Thanks QSteph and Michael for the background on Cassie and Rick. I did see the part where Richard died. I just wondered if Rick and Cassie had ever hooked up in the years after that. I'm glad they didn't because if I can't have Rick and Beth, Rick and Cassie will do. I agree that Rick and Beth should have had a child. If this baby is Rick's I'm glad, but I agree it's not the same. I hate what the writer's have done to Beth, but I'm trying to just accept it because I do see it changing.

The show does seem to be going in the direction of Olivia and Jeffery and I hate it. :angry:

• Members

Since I wasn't able to sleep this morning I caught GL and today's episode was amazing! Marina getting shot, Vanessa kicking Matt out because of Cyrus, Cassie scheming against Alan, and tomorrow's episode looks even better when Ashley becomes grilled by Coop! Plus we even got to see mushy gushy Reva & Josh, which sort of fit well in there.

• Members

i think the show was a lot of fun yesterday and the preview of upcoming episodes looks promising, really, i think the new viewers of the show do enjoy it more than the old loyal GL viewers, that's ok (i can understand that, that is why i'm not watching Y&R or OLTL anymore, they have become a mess in my opinion).

• Members

Zzzzzzzzzzz. Someone give Kreizman a much needed early retirement from soap opera Head-Writing. I think he would be fine on the scripts(after all, he was one of the scriptwriters for MTV's SPYDER GAMES, which had some of the most hilarious, funny lines you'll ever hear), but not in the HW chair.

The ITL, which were once fun ways of giving our talented actors something movie-like to do, are now just boring hindrances.

• Members

I'm enjoying the show, but my disappointment in the shooter aftermath can't be described.

Outside of Frank trying to cry in Marina's room (it was godaweful), it was a good week.

Loving Jeva, and I am really enjoying Harley/Gus/Daisy. Wish there were more of Ash and Doris.

BTW, is anyone going to stitch up Marina in between Frank slobbering all over her or will she bleed out on that cot???

I hope the GL sets begin to improve. They look so damn cheap!

ANDREA

• Members

It is unbelievable how cheap the sets at GL are, makes one wonder where P&G is putting their money, or are we to believe that this too is KZ fault.

Speaking of KZ other soap boards are really beating-up on her for the weight gain. I could care less how much she weights, I just want a better s/l for Reva(not one of my favorites)and Josh(don't get me started on him). This yo-yo effect of their on again off again love life( if you can call it that)is really plucking on my last nerve.

Archived