GH: Jill Farren Phelps

• Members

While she won Emmy awards for her work on Santa Barbara and GH, her decision to fire fan favorites from shows she had worked on in the past have caused her credibility to be, arguably, damaged irreparably in the eyes of some soap opera fans.

She is a great producer but I think she has a lot of issues especially against expecting mothers:

Lets take a look

In 1996, She killed off popular AW heroine Frankie Frame played by Alice Barrett in 1996

However, perhaps the harshest and most lasting criticism of Phelps was as a result of her decision to kill off the character of GL heroine Maureen Bauer on Guiding Light in 1993.

Sarah Brown and JFP clashed a lot which is why she left. In 2001, Sarah said in a interview that she felt that the work at GH wasn't fulfilling.

In 2002, Genie Francis reported that a female producer had repeatedly humiliated her because of her weight gain, leading some to speculate Phelps was that female producer.

While at One Life to Live in 1999, Phelps disgusted many fans by firing popular actress Laura Koffman who plays Cassie Callison Carpenter since 1991, just days after Koffman had left for what she thought was simply a maternity leave..

In 2005, she also let actress Lesli Kay go off-contract after revealing her pregnancy. Lesli Kay has stated on her official message board that Jill Farren Phelps has said to her, "If you think GH is your place to shine, it never will be" and after days of announcing her pregnancy announced that the fate of Lesli's character was "In god's hands." All of this, like much of JFP's comments was unsolicited.

In November 2005, Phelps released actress Kari Wuhrer from her contract at General Hospital. In January 2006, Wuhrer responded with a lawsuit against ABC.

In December 2006, Phelps fired Stuart Damon right before Christmas. Damon has been with the show for thirty years and was reported to be devastated.

Robin Strasser (Dorian, OLTL) always exposes her when she gets the chance too.

*Phelps has been accused of favoritism

*Phelps also has been known for her failure to renew popular actors' contracts, often under extremely unpleasant circumstances

*On Another World Phelps released fan favorite Paul Michael Valley from his contract, reportedly because she did not like him as a love interest for actress Jensen Buchanan??????????ARE YOU KIDDING ME

*In an interview in 2000, 7 YEARS later after she killed off the beloved Maureen on GL, she apologized stating it was the most regettable mistake she had made in her career????????????

So with all of this,..thats why her acceptance speech was cut off at the 05 emmys when GH won best show..simply because P&G and CBS dont like that Bitch..P&G even sued her a couple of years back

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly think, that she thinks she is doing the right thing. I think she is a perfectionist, of sorts and an over-achiever and she wants to make everything better. The only problem is, she only fixes the things she thinks needs to be fixed, and she only makes decisions that she is happy with, she doesnt care about everyone else's opinion. That being said, I hate her. :lol:

• Members

Lol, I'd love to say that JFP is a great producer....but she's not.

I could call that woman everything but a child of god....

What she did to Anna Lee.....UNFORGIVABLE!!

How she has the women who get pregnant backburnered.....SHAMEFUL!!!

What she told Leslie Kay when she got pregnant (something about her return to the show is "In God's Hands").....DISGRACEFUL

Jill Farren Phelps

Just Freakin Pitiful

And that's not the word I wanna use.....

• Members

I still haven't forgiven this bitch for Maureen's death. Just puttin' it out there.

But if there is one thing I like about her is that she can put together a bunch of Emmys for a show. I swear she is a master at blockvoting.

• Members

I meant more with the old system Ryan darlin'. Until 2002, GL never had as many Emmy noms as during the JFP years. And the only reason 2002 was different was because PGP/CBS was furious that GL was shut out in 2000/2001 and forced Rauch to start blockvoting lol.

Archived