Days: April 11, 2007 Discussion

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was a very strong show. We are finally seeing some fight in Elvis's enemies.

Steve escaping from the hospital and confronting Elvis was exciting, fast-paced stuff. I loved hearing Elvis get pistol-whipped, LOL.

I agree with whoever said Elvis has underestimated Lucas. He tried to play it cool when confronted about the embezzling but it was obvious he was flustered. It was nice seeing Lucas with his brain back. He's not a dumb character and shouldn't be written that way.

It was nice to get some Kayla/Sami and Steve/Sami interaction. I liked the dramatic effect when Sami slammed down the phone so that Kayla couldn't call the police.

Also enjoyed the Bo/Chelsea/Nick scenes. Reckell and Melvin have great father-daughter chemistry.

• Members

Today's episode was good. It has had a different feel it too it this week, and I hope it is a sign of good things. I really like how Sami was involved with Steve/Kaylah stuff-it makes sense they are all being terrorized by E.J. And I know that this might be petty and everything but didn't anyone else catch it when Nick looked and Bo and said "So when are you and Mrs Brady moving back in?" Nick and Hope are cousins why wouldn't he just call her Hope like he has in the past. Ok I know I'm being picky but oh well...

• Members

Sami/Steve/Kayla! Wheeeee! I loved Steve's little hospital break today, fun stuff and nice for a Wednesday. They're definitely going with the "He's dangerous but I believe in him anyway" angle for Kayla, they have to be careful not to make it so unrealistic so that it seems that Kayla comes off as careless for her own safety ... certainly would not like to be her right now. Interesting that she brought up the allegation that she's a thorn in Steve's side, I wonder if she actually feared it was true or was feeling him out somehow.

Please pretty please let Lucas keep his brain. He was never a dumb guy, don't let the plot keep running over that point. I was about to say that Will being this tech expert was really random, but thinking about it ... it's really not that much of a stretch that Will is a gadget geek ;)

Weird that Nick called Hope "Mrs Brady" ... Anyway I'm still having problems with the Chelsea/Bo situation, when he's angry at her it feels really melodramatic and unreasonable, but when he's all cuddly with her it feels too easy ... I don't know, I guess I'll just have to see where it goes. I too am wondering why they don't just fingerprint the brush.

• Members

I didn't notice Willow wearing gloves, but that doesn't mean she didn't. I think it would be odd for her to have a pair of gloves handy at the ladies room where she picked up the hairbrush and I just didn't notice gloves when she used a match to light the candle in the house, either.

• Members

See, I didn't think it was weird that he called Hope "Mrs. Brady." It's about time the kids show respect for their elders! I'm 24 and I still don't call adults I've known my whole life by their first names. Or those I've known personally. Situations are different for everyone, but frankly, I APPLAUD "Days of Our Lives," Hogan Sheffer, Ken Corday, NBC and Sony for FINALLY having characters treat elders with the respect and dignity they deserve! I was so SICK of the way Shawn and Belle would throw around names like "Billie" whenever they damn well pleased. IT MAKES ME SICK!!!!!

• Members

Oh I agree with that. Showing respect for your elders is one thing, my problem was that they are cousins and I don't usually refer to my cousin as MR/Mrs. even when I am talking to their spouse. I just wondered if the writers forgot they were related for a minute.

• Members

Wait, are they related? And if so, is it an "aunt" or "uncle" situation (honestly, I forget). For aunts, I CALL them by "Aunt --- " and "Uncle --- "so if Nick were to call Hope "Hope" and she were his aunt, I"d just DIE. She's 20 years older than him. That requires, I think, the respectful courtesy term.

• Members

I crave for Steve's scenes. He's hilarious! Those pills that he popped into the security guard's drinks... it seemed they came from his pants, but where precisely was he storing them? ;)

I imagined Kayla's accident to be much more severe. I'm surprised she's going to recover so rapidly. I wonder who EJ hired to commit the crime cuz it surely wasn't himself - he was with Phillip.

Archived