OLTL: Do you like TSJ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Trevor and I love Todd. I loved Todd under Roger and didn't think for a minute that Roger could be replaced (at least maintaining the feel of Todd and adjusting immediately) but Trevor immediately won me over as Walker and the revelation that he was Todd to me was one of the best decisions that OLTL has made (and they haven't made THAT many). Trevor is an excellent actor and his brought his own to Todd.

• Members

Why is he not by any stretch of the imagination Todd Manning? Is this your opinion, is this based on your interpertation of the character? Is Roger Howarth the only person that can play Todd Manning? (Just wondering :) )

• Members

I'm a new viewer to OLTL and I have to say, it is TSJ who hooked me onto the show. I was sitting at the doctor's office waiting around and OLTL was airing. I was just in awe when he was onscreen. I'm not sure what nuTodd is supposed to be like as I've heard what RH's Todd was like in his days. For some reason, I can't see RH in the role. He looks too much like that other actor with the long hair. I like TSJ. He has chemistry with everyone.

• Members

I notice you have Paul Leyden in your avi and signature. You must be a ATWT watcher. If you've been watching for the past 3 years, Roger Howarth's early Paul was an exact replica of Todd Manning. Except with the scar,rape baggage and long hair.

TSJ has a bit more versality for the Todd that is on OLTL these days. Roger's Todd was always in dark mode with the occasional humor.

• Members

^^ Yes, I've watched ATWT. I thought the show changed Paul for RH when he took over. Hmm. Well, I like RH as Paul, but he's still too dark. When he's lighthearted, it's good, but I think he can only do Stenbeckian characters. It's still difficult for me to see him play the role Scott Holroyd played- Paul Ryan, not Paul Stenbeck. From the day he started as Paul, that's what I saw. I didn't see a trace of what was written for the previous Paul.

Well, I guess RH made a great Todd. He has a large fanbase for the character. I don't want to see him dark all the time, but I don't want to see him happy all the time either. I'm not sure if I would really like him as Todd. It's not just about the character and actor, it's about the chemistry he has with everyone else. Everything has to work. I think TSJ fits perfectly. I can't see RH gelling with the OLTL cast and I can't see his Todd acting like TSJ's Todd at all. I don't know. I'm to new to the show so what I'm saying probably makes no sense at all.

• Members

It makes sense to me.

RH's Todd carries a completely different vibe from TSJ's version of the character. I think the writers are able to od more with him since Roger did not want to play the romantic lead or hero. I honestly can't see his Todd Manning romancing Evangeline or getting punked by Margaret. His Todd was larger than life. TSJ's Todd has his edge, but his vulnerabilities are more apparent.

You and Anita are deifnately right about how they changed Paul as soon as RH took over. Paul went from being a light character to James Stenbeck lite. All of a sudden he became tortured, brooding and closed off. All they needed to do was name his leading lady Blair. These days, I'm bored by RH though. He appears so lifeless in his scenes.

• Members

Mind if I answer since I feel the same way.

Todd is supposed to be an anti-hero, not some romantic hero that google stalks women like a high schooler.

Trevor is a great actor, he's just not Todd. They just took Walker Lawrence, gave him a bit of a dark side and said he's Todd Manning.

Sorry but he won't ever be to me.

Ummm no he's not, not in any way at all. Paul is NOTHING like Todd.

Archived