OLTL: Do you like TSJ?

• Members

It seems alot of people have a problem with the character of Todd as of late and I was wondering if it was the writing for the character or if people just don't like TSJ. I personally love TSJ and think he does phenomenal work with what he's given.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just asking myself that. I LOVED TSJ when he first came on. After the "rape", when he was in Jail, he faked his death to get to blair in the hospital..Genius!!!!! Malone Genius. Higley cannot write Todd. When she leaves and Hogan, takes over, Todd will be back and I can wait for that. Im pretty sure Trevor will get bashed in this thread, So i'll get my Trevor love out now. He's an awesome actor, and we all know he can actually cry. Not knocking RH, Well yea, knocking him.:lol:

• Members

I have real problems with Todd as written lately -- ineffective and just out-and-out bizarre given the current history. I think some of that is Higley's writing, but SOME of it may be TSJ's acting choices and storyline preference. It wouldn't be the end of OLTL if he walked or OLTL got Howarth back -- but it may be the end of OLTL IF THEY DON'T GET RID OF HIGLEY AND VALENTINI. If his contract negotiations are as the latest rumors have them, he may well end up tying the shows hands. It takes $$$$ to get a decent new headwriter.

• Members

I attribute some of the direction the character has taken to TSJ himself. Where maybe Todd Manning would cry, the MANY public times they've had him cry seem overkill for the character. I've wondered about the resorting to physical violence as well, and the sappy acceptance of his attraction to Evangeline.

The adlibs seem to go with the roll. RH was certainly as fond of inside jokes and throwing his screen partners off.

• Members

I love TSJ as Todd. He currently is the reason I am watch OLTL and continue to do so. He sold me with the trial and execution storyline. I love his portrayl of Todd. He made Todd grow up a little and made him less darker. I love the sense humar he shows with Todd and well the acting with out was great. Still pissed not nominated but what ever.

I think personally TSJ has made Todd his with the version the writers gave to him. I dont think RH coming back and making him dark again will work at all IMO, it would be really stupid and un productive.

Love TSJ and hopes he stays.

• Members

What what have they done to him? Showed a human side? Trevor is absolutely amazing in this role! Roger played the monster really well, and I didn't buy him in an intimate scene with ANYONE! I thought Roger was very limited, and I still do. He only seems to be able to play the baby stealing psycho (just check him out on ATWT).

Trevor is so multi-dimensional that it's crazy. His timing is excellent!

Rex totally fears what Todd will do when he learns the truth. Todd is still feared and a loose cannon, but he is so lovable right now. Trevor has nailed this role, and if he leaves, Todd should leave with him... I never thought I would love this character this much. And Trevor with Renee? That's just gravy!

I have never seen this kind of dislike for Todd until he started getting over Blair. It is time that sick relationship ended. Both characters deserve a break. And when he and Evangeline eventually get together and separate, I will still adore TSJ as Todd.

The man rocks!

ANDREA

• Members

I agree with Heather. This character isn't Todd anymore. So I don't like this Todd. I thought Trevor was fine when he first came on. I don't dislike the actor, in fact I don't know much about him.

I really don't like the current version of Todd. You asked, I answered. Also like Heather, I'm not going to get in a debate with the folks who love him.

If you only want Todd lovers to respond, don't ask. And if you don't like people to say they don't like him, don't read.

• Members

TSJ is the reason I started watching. I'm a new viewer that came on during the execution storyline and he is FAB. He is such a sympathetic bad guy, I've never seen anything like it. Its not like GH where we are told the mobsters are the good guys, we know Todd is bad but he is so likable.

Archived