Days: April 03

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, until Sami referred to what happened between her and EJ as rape, I was one of those who defined it as coersion instead of rape. Still vile and despicable, but a different legal animal. Sami defining it as rape (combined with the flashbacks of the look on her face when it happened), told me she felt forced and that changed my feelings on what happened.

• Members

Fair enough. I really think, though, that they were deliberately echoing the last fight in the hotel suite where Kayla tackled Steve and knocked him to the floor and climbed on top of him. She was whaling the daylights out of him and then it all sort of melted into an angsty, angry kiss. But she wasn't able to change his mind. Steve got up and left and Kayla was left staring numbly.

Today the reverse happened (minus the flying fists). He pushed her down, got on top of her, yelled at her and then gave her an angsty, angry kiss. She responded, but he wasn't able to change her mind. She got up and left and Steve was left staring numbly.

Mirror scenes.

• Members

EJ is a villain. Of course people interpret his actions as bad, the show wants you to. This whole thing when people resent a show's hero for being a hero wears really thin after a while. Steve was not cuddles and rainbows today, no, and nobody said otherwise, but calling what he did rape just to expose some supposed hypocrisy amongst viewers is a little pointless to me. The show decided to have EJ force himself on Sami, they are willfully painting him as a Really Scary Fellow, don't be surprised if viewers follow suit. Take issue with the sophistication of the characterization if you must (I certainly do) but it makes no sense to expect viewers to interpret beyond the characterization the show gives, that's like responding to something that isn't there.

A kiss is not rape by any definition.

• Members

Being as I'm not paying attention to Steve and Kayla as a rule, I looked up from reading when the noise began and wondered why on earth is Steve shoving Kayla onto the bed so roughly and her screaming like that, then I wondered where the guard at the door was because there is no way she could have been carrying on like that he wasn't right there in a flash....but this is a soap da dee da dah. Then Steve tried to kiss her, I was getting signals all through me of his crudeness toward her and wanting to defend Kayla. It wasn't rape but it was a very demeaning scene and I hated it.

• Members

just had to say that this MA return? waste of time.while It was great seeing Jack back,I thought he did nothing.it had nothing to do with ashley either.the scenes were all about Max and Abby,and I just didnt find that jack being there made any diffrence.I would have said the same thing if it was Missy and they would waste her scenes for *that*.

• Members

Just one thing bugged me during this episode.

Why did Shawn and Belle sign their real names on the guest ledger for Kate to see?

Seriously, why the hell would you stupid enough to use your true identities when it'd be safer to use aliases?

• Members

ITA it was an act of control and power. If all he wanted to do was kiss her he could have grabbed her and kissed her. Instead he grabbed her, and threw her down in a vulnerable position and got on top of her while she was screaming and force a kiss on her.

Archived