Days: April 03

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Argh, Philip was even worse today pushing Gabby around. Why was Kate even there? She is so much smoother. If she had been leading, I am sure they would have found Shelle and Claire.

Loved the Sami and Nick scenes. In fact, I love any scene with Nick because he is such an attractive character to me. It is great that he did not jump to the worse conclusion about Sami right away. I would love to see him become more involved somehow in this stuff. The scenes with Sami, Lucas and Will at the end were very sweet (aside from the acting issues previously noted).

Mmmm, Steve speaking Italian. I already wrote my thesis on the kiss above, but I loved the moment when Steve is trying to hold Kayla's arms and telling her how he can't protect her from in there. The look of frustration and fire when she throws his hands off and exclaims that she does not want or need his protection and that she is trying to help him. THAT was so telling for the conundrum they have been in. My guess is that something is going to come to a head on this given how Kayla has thrown down the gauntlet to EJ already.

The Max, Chelsea and Abby scenes were not working for me. The dialogue delivery was kind of stilted - reminded me of scenes this past summer. I think Darin does better with some of the more experienced actors. Overall, I really liked him last week.

Such an uneventful exit for Matt. Makes me sooo want to have him back in some deeper, meaty scenes.

• Members

I was not into Emily as Abby at all yesterday, but thoroughly enjoyed her today. She was so alive and playful and BELIEVABLE. She had great chemistry with Chelsea and Max. The only thing I am disappointed about here is that Jack was not the focus. Abby is. So, Jack was brought back for two days to pimp Abby. That makes me angry. Real Abby would never have blown her daddy off like that and he was supposed to be talking to her about paying attention to college and her future career and there was only about one and a half-minute on that subject. The rest was the HUGE Max problem LOL. Oh well. We get to see teeny-bopper Abby for a few more scenes and I can bet Emily's Abby will be missed.

I am furious with Hogan for making Philip look like a lunatic and behave like Frankenstein. If I had five minutes of his listening time, he's really learn what to do with Philip, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It's beginning to feel like Philip may actually be Claire's father. It's got to the point that Belle is fed up completely and something's got to give.

Tell me, did I see correctly. Shawn, Belle and Claire were hid out in Gabby's room when Belle opened the closet door and there were all those toddler things stored in there. What was that all about?

Loved seeing Will's sweet face. He looked like a real teen.

(Drew Hamilton, yes, I agree. For a few minutes there I was talking to the TV about going overboard with the "loose" Abby. But, she toned it down and let the viewers know that she was just being cute and friendly. Chelsea was there because she needs to 1. get out of Salem to think and 2. to talk to Abby who is her thinking cap LOL).

• Members

Don't even get me startedon that temp Abby, billy. I mean, did you see how she said, "The more the merrier,"with a suggestive look, to Max. Her Abby is NOT a virgin. No, her Abby was clearly suggesting, with her eyes, that Abby could ride him while he's licking Chelsea! It as ridiculous!@ Give Ashley Benson that same line and she wouldhave said it PLAYFULLY, like "The more the merrier!" as if to suggest they couldplay charades or Pictionary all night long. Because the REAL Abby is that naive, virginal and inexperienced. I've said it once, and I'llsay it again: This temp's version ofAbby is a total cumwhore.

• Members

It's amazing how differently people see things.

I didn't see playfulness in this Abby at all. I'm just shocked by this girl's version. She's making suggestive look whereas naive, virginal Abby would NEVER make such suggestive, "saying this just to get you turned on, Max" kind of looks.

She was working the "threesome"fantasy for allits worth ont oday's episode andit made me sick.

As for Shelle, good observation! Clueless me saw all that baby stuff in the closet andjust thought it was Shelle's and they were tryin gto hide their stuff just in case they jumped out the window andPhilip barged in, and saw no signs of baby stuff in clear view, so he'd give up andnot search further.

I'm conflicted about making Gabby evil. I love the girl. And I'd LOVE Belle to be WRONG for once, and Hogan and the show to take a stand that women's intuition is NOT always right!

• Members

I think you might be right. We did see a quick glance of a baby seat when Belle opened the closet door. Belle looked a little worried at first, but then we saw/heard nothing of it again. I guess given the circumstances such a thought didn't come to her head. That baby seat does represent something meaningful though because as soon as Belle opened the closet door, it was the first and only thing we saw. This story has potential.

Willow is back! I loved her position in tomorrow's episode, Drew, but I don't think you will. :)

And, to confirm, Ashley is not back tomorrow. They showed flashbacks of her back the following day, which is Thursday on regular cable.

• Members

I usually don't like to judge but I would vaguely agree, JSF; if I were to have started watching today I'd say Abby was likely not a virgin ;) She came off as quite experienced and just waiting for her old dad to dodder off to sleep so she could do the funky chicken with Max ... the actress played her teasing and suggestive and experienced. I think it'd be fine and natural if Abby was curious, but knowing? She knows nothing. Yesterday Abby was a vapid valley girl and today she was a horny valley girl. Whatever. I am clinging to the "temporary" in front of her casting status.

I agree, if Abby was playful it was sex kitten playful.

• Members

Another solid show.

First off, great to see Jack again and I am sure we will see more of him, probably in Steve's story. Glad Max heard what he was saying. Adds conflict. I enjoyed Abby/Jack and I was surprised when Chelsea showed up. That little Chelsea/Jack hug was nice. I remembered after the show that Chelsea said she was going to NY and then I was like "Duh." I still like Emily but she played Abby way too flirty today. I was high on her yesterday but seeing her with Max and Chelsea made me think she may not be a good permanent fit. I like her as an actress but I am thinking not as Abby so I changed my mind from yesterday but she impressed me as an actress.

Sami/Nick was nice. It's refreshing to see characters interact like that. THANK GOD WILL GOT A HAIRCUT!!! I remembered Kenny or someone posted he did but I still was shocked. HE HAS A FACE!! I liked the family scenes with him, Lucas, and Sami. Haven't seen those in awhile and would like to see more even though Gerse isn't a good actor. Liked Lucas's haircut but his scenes with EJ were dull. Same old song and dance. I can't wait to get this moving, which it seems like it is about to.

The Shelle stuff was alright. I liked Duck today for the first time ever and I thought I saw Kate give him a little look of interest which was weird. Love when Duck called Philip a smartass and when Philip called him Mr. Duck. Days needs to tone down Philip though. It's the writing and JKJ in this case. Both have to work on toning Philip down because he bordered on lunacy the past two days. I am glad Kate was there though. She didn't do much but her presence made me tolerate some of the scenes. I was very interested in seeing Gabby's closet. I have been thinking for awhile that Gabby wants Claire due to her always asking to be a babysitter. I am thinking she lost a child or has some sick of obsession with Claire. My theory is she wants Shawn to fix her boat so she can take off with Claire in it (and maybe Shawn too) but we'll see. That shocked me the way it happened with Belle just opening it. I am ready for this island stuff to be over. Move it along already.

Steve/Kayla were my favorite. The first scene with him speaking italian and all the tension...fantastic. Loved the scene where he pushed her down and kissed her. That wasn't even close to rape. It was his way of trying to talk her down and so his love for her. He is desperate to protect her and he is just looking for ways to get through to her and convince her to back off. I liked the final scene where she told him to testify against EJ if he wants to save her and then left. Steve looking at her leave through the small window on the door was a nice way to end their scenes.

Good show. This week is already better then last by a mile IMO.

• Members

It was an intense scene but there was no sex. It was a kiss. That was it. She was trying to resist and was scared due to his condition so naturally she was fighting him off a bit and wondering what he would do. As the scene faded out, she was giving in and putting her arms around his back. I can't see how this even comes close to rape. There is nothing about it that even suggests rape.

• Members

There was nothing coming close to rape? Say what?

Kayla repeatedily screamed no. Steve dragged her over to the bed and forced her down. Steve held her arms down and foribly kissed her. Kayla was fighting back. I'm seeing a lot of signs of rape there.

Funny how EJ's labled a rapist when Sami consented to the sex, but Steve's not. Hmm, favoritism?

• Members

This is just about people reacting to EJ as a rapist. I knew that had something to do with this.

I am not going to go into this debate again so I am dropping out of this. There is n oway to argue that this is even close to being the same situation. You are the one one who came up with that view so if you want to stick by it all power to you.

Archived