ATWT: Jean P Ruins Characters

• Members

Since Jean has been on the show it seems that when a character needs to make an exit then the character turns out to be a psychopath. This has been done by a few characters who might not have been HUGE characters, could have had potential to go on to do better things.

Mike's cousin Nick...seemed like a good guy, until he turned out to be a diamond smuggling, stealing, gun toting kidnapper.

Adam Munson...he likes his brother's wife but who doesn't want to have a good love triangle well obviously this recent death faking, revenge seeking, rapist.

B.J...We all knew that he had a thing for Katie and let's face it Brian Gaskill is a very popular actor.

Craig Montgomery...Craig has never been the best "guy" in town but he wasn't always as evil as a Stenbeck. At least not the Craig I saw from 2003-2005 under Hogan's penmenship.

What I would like to see is Adam stay and have a tortured relationship with Gwen. It worked for Luke and Laura on GH and Jean does like to rehash old story plots (IE. Three teens on the run which was done in 2002 and now being redone in 2007.)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She has got to go right now. As long as this show is under her helm, serious damage is being done to it. Making Adam a maniacal rapist is about as bad as Ben Reade being a serial killer on Guiding Light because he was molested as a child. :blink:

• Members

Well I've always said that all of the recasts are just new characters with old names. It's like they truly have no idea the person was on the show before. For example, why not cast Austin Peck as Chris Hughes as opposed to Brad Snyder who is 10 years older and Jack's OLDER brother?

ATWT has such a rich history, but the writers don't seem to care AT ALL. Such a shame because it's not as crazy as most soaps so it would be easy to follow. All they have to do is try a little bit, ask some questions and it would improve the story so much.

• Members

Funny, as I watched the sick, perverse scenes between Adam and Gwen, I found myself thinking the same thing...Adam should be on the show, and be Gwen and Will's creepy nemisis. IF JP had any talent (and I know that's a huge "if") it would be compelling watching Adam bent on destroying Gwillen, for no other reason (really) than he couldn't have Gwen.

Think about it...Adam and Craig could bond. Craig needs an heir. At least one to fill the gap until they SORAS Johnny. Margo and Craig could battle over Adam's soul.

Not that it will happen, but it's a shame to destroy Hal's oldest son for a six month piece of crap story.

• Members

Don't forget Lily. The shenanigans with Damien last summer regarding Luke coming out and now being naive with Craig selling the shares of Lucinda's company. They really have dumbed her down too.

And Emily's psycho storyline last year. Like I know Emily has always been troubled but for her to go off like that? And now parading around town as a hooker?

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 29 2007, 04:28 PM)
ATWT has such a rich history, but the writers don't seem to care AT ALL. Such a shame because it's not as crazy as most soaps so it would be easy to follow. All they have to do is try a little bit, ask some questions and it would improve the story so much.

I think that's the maddening part of it all, yet also cause for hope. As bad as things did get and might be now on ATWT, I still think it's the most eminently recoverable of all the soaps on air because the veterans and history of the show is still there. I'm not sure if anyone's tried to dramatically alter the history of the show, for instance, the way certain other soaps have.

All this means that if a good writer who respects the vets, core families and history comes in, ATWT could improve greatly. But maybe we're hoping beyond hope.

Archived