DAYS: Tuesday, March 27

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, usually I just cruise through the boards and not say anything, out of laziness (its a chore to type at home after a full day typing at work). But, I thought I would comment on today's show. I thought it was OK. I mean, I was not bored or anything like that. The baby shower seemed more like a glorified bible study, which just happened to have artichoke puffs. (SIDEBAR: is it just me or was DAYS really pimping these artichoke puffs?) It was very *boring*. We have Sami and EJ in the bedroom for I don't know how long, with Lucas not even getting a clue(?), and several guests at the party who...have not been seen before I don't think. If you pay attention to them while Kate/Phillip/Lucas are talking, they appear to be doing nothing more than plucking or staring at the balloons. Then, in the bedroom, it was really *high school* for EJ and Sami to be playing the "i'm gonna call so and so and tell on you" game with the cellphone. How many times are they gonna go around in circles? And, I love Celeste to pieces, but...um...she really needs to put in a new record. If she wants EJ dead, do it herself. It's boring and weird to have her skulking around every other day, jumping out from behind the walls, leaving cryptic texts and s**t trying to make Sami kill EJ. There just has to be a much more entertaining way to build tension for this storyline. Now don't get me wrong I am intrigued with it, I actually find EJ to be rather creepy and complex at the same time(at the end, how he's lying his head against the door, longing for Sami...i was like *aaawwwwww*) Nevertheless I'm...just getting bored *holding out for the good stuff*. Know? Um, the Hope and Willow scenes were good, great that Hope is using that noggin'. The Billie/Bo/Chelsea scenes were good also. I just think Rachel Melvin is a great actress. She always draws me into here scenes, no matter how small or insignificant. I believe her lying about the hairbrush to be *a large stupid mistake* on her part, but it should be interesting seeing where this leads. A real downer would be if Willow succeeded in her plot to frame Chelsea. Like the story though. It entertains me. As for the island scenes, this is the only story I truly am not intrigued by anymore. This Gabby girl irritates me, and Duck...well...let's just say I'm glad he's recurring. I cannot wait until Phillip finds these two and hopefully put an end to this story. Quick. Or at the very least, get them off that island!! In any case, OK show.

• Members

You're kidding, right? If not, it's that darned hairbrush.

Hogan is SCREWING OVER MY GIRL!!!

She had to blatantly lie to Bo to cover her ass -- that hairbrush really is hers, if you didn't know. Willow lifted it from the Chez Rouge bathroom and planted it in Bope's castle.

Anyway, we see where this is going. Chelsea APPEARS home free, but sadly, with no REAL evidence against Willow -- who has covered her ass thanks to Chelsea's actually visiting her, when she, theoretically could have planted Hope's jewelry in Willow's room -- Bo will find out the hairbrush is Chelsea's from DNA, Chelsea will be arrested, Hope will TURN AGAINST CHELSEA after all the progress they made, and I will be heartbroken!! :(

• Members

Wow, I gotta disagree about Philip. He had no place being at Sami's bridal shower, or baby shower, or whatever that was.

Fact: Philip is engaged in a VERY bitter custody battle with Sami's half-sister. So much that he and his dad played dirty to get temporary custody of Claire. In real life, if I were Sami, the second I saw him I would have slapped him SILLY until he was out of the apartment.

There's just no good reason for him being there -- or for things to be so civil between them.

• Members

Thanks, Rhiannon.

Yeah, "Sugarbear," TC's name for Simone on "Passions," is endearing.

"Kid" is something that first of all, is demeaning (it treats Chelsea as a minor and not a young adult) and impersonal ( ANY person off the street who didn't know her name, to get her attention, would surely call her "kid")

I think it's DISGUSTING that Bo calls his own child "kid."

KILL BO!!!

• Members

I know Chelsea recognized the hairbrush, but I want her to remember where and when she lost it and start putting the pieces together to see Willow's framing her. Unfortunately, I can't remember if Chelsea knows Willow was at the Penthouse Grille (or was it Chez Rouge?) that day. She definitely should have admitted it was hers, though. This is going to hurt her big time when the DNA proves it's hers--or she gets caught trying to steal it. Of course, Nick seems to be the go-to guy for DNA so maybe he can help her out. Maybe they can frame Willow by planting her DNA on the hairbrush! That would be some backhanded justice.

Although EJ/Sami usually bores me because it's going in circles, I saw something interesting today. When Sami started crying, EJ seemed to soften and I thought he was going to try to hug her to comfort her. Then he seemed to pull back and just used his handkerchief to dry her tears. Later, that was the handkerchief he was holding when he made the comment he would have Sami soon. So, after thinking he had feelings for Sami, and then thinking it was all about the baby, now I'm back to thinking he has feelings for her after all. Of course, since he's a Dimera it's going to actually be a sick obsession like Stefano always had for Marlena. But I thought that subtle moment of tenderness was intriguing because it may be a clue that EJ isn't entirely a heartless monster.

• Members

Seriously, why is DAYS holding back? So the ratings can go down further?? That's a silly assumption especially with the way the show is going now. Budget constraints should not hold back story telling, character use, maybe, but not story telling. Hogan has had Sami Lucas and EJ on endlessly and still there has been no progress to their story AT ALL. I don't know why you keep saying that DAYS holds back from January thru April, that makes no sense, soaps are year round things not just certain months and DAYS has never really shown a pattern (maybe it is Hogan's?), last year Chelsea's trial was about to begin or whatever and other storylines were progressing. And even if that was DAYS' pattern it is supposed to be a different show now, rite? New head writer and all??

• Members

Airtime is not the issue, PR. People would not mind the characters being on four to five days a week if the story was good and there was movement. It's failing on both counts. Instead of the Nick/Nora he promised LUMI would become, we are getting an insipid, second-rate rehash of Marlena/Stefano with Elvis/Sami. Instead of the feisty schemer of yesteryear, we have Sami reduced to a timid victim who's only recourse is this desperate, hair-brained plot of Celeste's. And although Lucas is on regularly, he has NO ROLE in this story at present. He seems to exist only as a sign of what Sami might lose when this secret comes out. Him being so clueless about the pain she's under is simply bad, plot-driven writing.

As for the pacing...again, I accept that Hogan wants to save his best stuff for May. But there are ways to keep storylines ticking over without giving away the big plot twists. Viewers will be patient if they see *some* evidence of progress but not when the story is placed on permanent PAUSE and the same scenes recycled for 3 months. Like Ridge says, there is no month of the year when it's OK for a show to be dull. I'll give HS the benefit of the doubt and assume that he has a great May Sweeps planned. But what is the benefit of that when viewers are dropping like flies NOW?

I would love for Hogan to be a success at DAYS and it kills me to see these 2.2's and 2.1's. That's why I find it all the more painful to watch stuff that I know is not going to bring these numbers up.

• Members

JSF, I have to disagree with you on EJ loving Sami. If he loved her he wouldnt have made her choose between saving Lucas's life or having sex with him so he can plant a Dimera seed in her. Thats more like an obsession and to me an obsession doesnt equal love.

Archived