DAYS: Tuesday, March 27

• Members

Today was a great show for me. I enjoyed all of the scenes, sans LUMI scenes. They're so :rolleyes: -worthy anymore.

The ending was fantastic. That was scene alone was a clear indication that EJ is Stefano and Sami is Marlena. When EJ sniffed Sami's piece of fabric, or whatever that was, you could tell he's obsessed with her. And he said they will be together very soon. Are we going to see a golden cage soon? I hope so!

Poor Willow. :(

I see Bo flip-flopped once again and is now Chelsea's side. This is really getting repetitive. And I'm lost. What did Chelsea do that's going to blow up in her face and she's going to get in trouble for?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched what I could and didn't sleep through. We had tornado warnings and the show was broken into with a updates, etc. It was a good day for that as I was really bored with it all except the Kate telling Philip to let Claire go and then that she was going wherever he was. That sounds different and interesting.

• Members

*RANT ALERT* :P

I am shocked at how bad this Sami/Lucas/EJ story has become since it had so much potential 3 months ago. It's not an exaggeration to say this was about the 20th time Sami and EJ have had the same conversation. How many times do we need to see Sami reduced to a whimpering wreck by her rapist? It's repetitive, gratuitous and not in the slightest bit enjoyable to watch (IMO). EJ's comment about the "cat winning again" was telling...it's like watching a cat endlessly toy with its prey. Sami the schemer would never stand for this, so where is she? It's an outrage that we've not had one scene of Sami and Marlena discussing the baby or the wedding and yet this crap gets repeated ad nauseum.

And Lucas continues to be a prop in this story. That scene when he found the blank lab report appears to have been nothing more than a false cliffhanger. It was beyond stupid having him walk in on Sami & EJ in the bedroom with her crying and yet not realise that something is seriously wrong. I understand Hogan wants to build tension before the big wedding but that is no excuse for having ZERO plot movement in the meantime. Why not have Lucas begin to put the pieces together on his own? It would give him an active role in the story and provide Elvis with a genuine threat/rival. Instead, we have a story going around in circles.

Since I always like to say ONE thing positive about an ep, I enjoyed see Phillip interact with his family. But this was the most depressing baby shower ever. It seemed to be nothing more than a plot device to get certain characters in the same room.

• Members

Judith Dunato was credited as SW, is this another new writer on the staff now? Has she been on the DAYS writing staff before?

About todays show, I am tired of EJ being EVERYWHERE and hate how dumb Lucas is being written. Marlena could have easily been at the shower, it would have been a great break she needed always being around John in his comatose state. Plus I hated how Sami didnt even have a slight grudge against Phillip. Ummm he tried to take and run away with her owm sister's child, yet Sami didnt even seem to care. I am sorry but this episode sucked for the most part.

• Members

For the love of God, Chelsea, remember you left that hairbrush laying in the bathroom of the Penthouse Grille! They had better not let Willow get away with a second arson. If this frame-up of Chelsea actually works, I'm going to be so angry. And I love Bo, but this flip-flopping of his is ridiculous. Chelsea has no motive! But, of course, she's desperate now and is going to do something stupid and get caught and then look really guilty and Bo will change his mind again.....

Poor Sami...that is the worst shower ever. And the explanation we get for Marlena's absence is a fake phone call saying she can't leave John. He's in a coma! This is your daughter's shower! So lame. But it's a lousy shower anyway. A few balloons, a tray of artichoke appetizers, a psychic trying to get you to commit murder, your rapist, the future mother-in-law from hell (but thank God Kate finally unbuttoned the top buttons of that awful Edwardian blouse), and the man who is responsible for your sister and niece's disappearance/presumed death. Not to mention the roomful of strange women Kate apparently dragged over from Mythic. Pathetic.

I'm wondering if those pictures Gabby took are going to end up on the Internet, thus attracting Philip's attention. I can't quite figure out what she's up to; it seems like it's more than just wanting Shawn.

• Members

I totally agree with you and I haven't seen the episode yet! You are so right on about the repetitive dilogue regarding Sami/EJ - tired of it. I thought the writers were finished with that! I hope this doesn't go on until May. Please give us something new to whine about! <_<

• Members

I barely remember Lucas approaching Victor for a job and he sent him packing, and Philip told Lucas at the time that his hands were tied but when he got control of Titan, Lucas would be there with him. I think that Lucas left with a chip on his shoulder about that scene.

This Sami/Lucas/EJ/Celeste story is off my watch list. Today was the last straw. If I hear that Lucas learns the truth, I'll watch the resulution of that but until then. so long deadbeat story.

• Members

Marlena can't leave John for her daughter's baby shower (we don't really know Marlena knows Sami is pregnant since there has been no scene with them, but yeah, we infer), but can leave John to go tie up Steve in a cabin.

That's stupid writing there. That is JER writing there. Hogan is lazy. I've never seen his work on ATWT but he is leaving such a bad impression, his stint is almost 6 months in and he is not an Emmy worthy writer at all, inconsistent, convenient and writing for those that he only likes is contrived.

Ponz IA with everything you said. The Sami storyline has gotten stupid. No progress. EJ IS the new Tony, it is said, what is worst is that he is being written that way, one note, cartoonish. EJ was mysterious, a pleasure to watch and now... he is Tony. All over again.

• Members

Ok show. Nothing special.

I agree that the Sami/EJ stuff is going around in circles but saying the story has lost potential or is ruined I don't agree with. The problem is Lucas/Sami/EJ have been on so much that I think many are growing sick of them. The buildup to the wedding is all fine and good but it started way too early and the balance issue is what is making it worse because we are contstantly getting rehash with these three.

I am not upset about the shower. Why? Because unlike others I knew it was nothing but a plot device. I would've had a problem with it if Sami was having warm, fuzzy moments with Billie, Kate, etc but she didn't. It was nothing but getting people into one room to further plot. That is why Marlena or others not being there didn't bug me. Yes, I am upset they weren't but the way the shower was done what were they going to do? You don't just throw people on for the sake of having them on. Sorry. This wasn't about the shower in this case. It was about the story. Was it rehash? Yes but Kate overheard Sami and Celeste and so did EJ so the stakes were upped a bit. The only thing I didn't like was the amount of extras but whatever. Let's remember too that kate may have have thrown this together last minute and maybe some people couldn't attend. It's not spin. It's realistic but I am sure some will think I am spinning it just like I always do.

As for EJ, he is not even close to being Tony. Him being all over and his invincibility factor is what will make his fall much better. He isn't one note. He has many layers. We saw that at the end when he vowed to have Sami soon, revealing that he still wants her. Again, we are seeing these characters too much. That is what it comes down to. It has nothing to do with the story or the characters.

There is clearly budget issues and Days is clearly dragging it's feet on purpose. If this was a normal shower, Corday isn't stupid. The vets would be there. In all my years of Days viewing, usually the characters that should be at things like this are there. There was a reason and I still beleive Days is holding back the vets to use them from May-rest of the year. If that is what they have to do, so be it. That is probably why they had the shower be nothing but a plot device. I also think Days wants to dominate from May-rest of the year. They do that every year. The last half of January into April is usually wildly inconsisten and dull. Days is holding back and once it lets go watch out.

I do like Celeste being on so much and her little scene with Kate was nice/ I love Kate/EJ/ So playful.

Lucas and Philip weren't exactly buddy buddy the last time. He let him borrow his car but maybe the Claire situation was a sore spot for Lucas or maybe Lucas resents the fact that Philip isn't around his family much or has become a jerk. I had no problem with their scene nor did I have a problem with the Sami/Philip interaction.

Shawn/Belle/Gabby was kind of cute. I do like Gabby but I am also in the minority on liking Joy Bisco. Ok scenes with them but I still want this island stuff over.

Loved seeing Hope today in action. Her busting Willow was great. Good camera angles for Willow's arrest. Loved Bo apologizing. Good scenes with Bo, Hope, Billie, and Chelsea. I am glad Chelsea is forgiving her mother slowly.

Ok show. Ok week so far. Nothing special.

• Members

I was not impressed at all today. Sami needs to spill, Lucas needs to buy a clue, and EJ needs to set his sights on something else. Please give this man something more to do than follow Sami around.

Can't Celeste come up with a better lie? When she yelled about killing EJ right before he opened the door, it wasn't as exciting as it was yesterday.

Loved when Willow walked in on Hope in her room. Willow's facec was priceless. It's about time Hope got her brain back. Chelsea should have fessed up about the hairbrush.

• Members

I hated that the story has Chelsea lying about the hairbrush. It's not in character with her progress. She lost the hairbrush and that's simply that. Chelsea also is smart enough to figure it out with Abby's help. I really hate this part. Why are they making Bo so dense and hard to like?

Archived