PC: Former actor puts his foot in it!

• Members

Considering how Frons treated him and some of the more talented actors on PC when it was over while keeping bad actors like ME and Kelly Monoco on contract at ABC, I can see why he would have a bad attitude and is bitter about the industry.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. Just wow! I mean, not wow like I'm shocked, but wow, I can't believe someone finally said it. LOL. I always had that "vibe" about him.

I think he's an [!@#$%^&*] for saying it, but I don't think he's untalented. I always thought TPTB should have crossed over Chris Ramsey's PC character to GH. Chris and Tracy would have made a deliciously evil pair.

Yeah, but what ACTOR wants to do voiceovers forever? I mean, it had to have been a huge blow to his ego not getting picked up by another soap or for hardly any acting gigs.

Bottom line is I can understand why he would be bitter: PC barely gave the guy anything to do and when he was doing something he was always playing second fiddle to the likes of Julie or even worse, Eve(YUCK). Chris should have been paired with Lucy, if not romantically, at least for a devious scheme.

North had the talent, but they never gave the man anything to do on PC. I can see why he would be frustrated. But he pretty much pissed on a genre and a legion of fans that really did nothing to him. PC was one experience.

There goes me watching and enjoying TMNT

• Members

I hate that he said that but he does have a right to his opinion. I think he does feel alot of bitterness towards ABC. I think many of the PC stars do because of the way the cancellation happened and them not being able to shoot a finale and all. Nolan may be upset that he was never contacted about roles...who knows. Maybe he sees all the problems with ABC and he is bitter about that or is basing his opinion on that.

I don't like former actors or actresses trashing the genre either and soaps already have a bad rep outside of the daytime world. I just don't think Nolan's words are the worst we have heard. I always did like Nolan and why he hasn't been casted on another soap or show is beyond me. Yes, he isn't your usual soap hunk or anything but he had great comedic timing and could handle drama as well.

• Members

I love Nolan and still do. Its a shame he said this bc this means he will likely not come to daytime and its too bad bc he was very talented and one of my favorites. I still wish he had been more successful after PC bc I would defiently watch him. I think he might be frustrated bc PC treated him like crap during its final years. The show pretty much screwed him over

• Members

First off, everybody has a right to an opinion, no matter how insensitive it may be. Do I blame Nolan for saying it? No, maybe he thinks it's better to be remembered as a cartoon turtle than a character on a crazy ass soap that ended with vampires and werewolves and [!@#$%^&*] going around.

Nolan is a very good actor and just because he said this doesn't mean I'll hate him. Lots of people have spoken badly of soaps, but end up coming back to them (Antonio Sabato Jr. anyone? Peter Reckell?). I still think the guy would be GREAT as a Steven Webber recast on GH.

The guy is also doing the voice for Indiana Jones in the new Indiana Jones video game for the PS3. It's not like the guy is strapped for work.

While I think he maybe should have thought before he spoke, I'm not gonna rake the guy over coals for speaking his mind.

• Members

I hate when 'former' Soap actors bash the genre'. For one, I bet they were THANKFUL at the time to be getting the hefty checks they were from their soap time, and secondly, they would problaby do backflips to get another chance on a soap.

That's pretty pathetic wanting to be remembered as a Ninja Turtle. That's like Deidre Hall saying I'd rather be remebered for Electra Woman. LOL

Archived