OLTL Cowboy Quits and Hits the Trail

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

uhmm no. not really. No one said OLTL never got rid of their vets. This is a Soap. Actors come and go. The statement which still stands is that OLTL uses its Vets more than any other Soap.Just because PC is leaving, it doesnt mean they dont use their vets, like Nora, Viki, Dorian, Clint, Bo....etc. Remember PC is sick and would not be able to perform. Nothing is wrong with HBS, ES,RS,JVD, and that is why they are on. With Phil being sick, its a whole different story. The only person who we may see even less of is Renee, unless TPTB gets creative and puts her out there to find new love when Asa dies. And another thing, for those of you who love Asa, this sucks. I love him as well, but this only makes sense. I think this was business decision and although I love Asa, this was a very smart business decision. Why sign PC to a contract, when in reality, he would never or almost never be on Camera. Remember folks, he is recovering from Cancer,and he is unable to perform on a contract level, and no one can tell me he can. Yes, he fought the Cancer but he is not the same. ABC does not want to waste money. Offering PC recurring was the best thing.

• Members

No it certainly was not. I know there is not infinite money, and though these newbies are a little better, OLTL sure has enough money to pay all of them. Mabye they could cut some of them to pay Phil Carey. IMO you don't treat your vets like that. This is common on ABC. They stuck with this show and played out storylines for you, you at least can keep them on contracts.

NO! I love Phil Carey and always have! This is terrible. :(

• Members

This is a bad move on OLTL's part, especially after everything he has been through. They have even been using him a lot. Sucks. Very very dissapointing. I wonder if he will take the fall for Spencer's murder now... hmm...

• Members

This is a different paradigm here. Asa has been on a lot since his return from the ill. It is differnet when you bring in newbies and completely obliterate your veteran cast, Asa has been used a lot and has played a big role in his stories. This sucks and I do recall that Phil and OLTL have had this problem (with contract talks) before.

• Members

No. That is Brian Frons way. People can put this all on the EP's and HW's of OLTL, AMC, and GH all they want but they don't make a move like this without Brian Frons approval. So the blame first and foremost goes on Brian Frons considering that this has happen at GH and AMC, too. Also look at what he has done over at Soapnet. He is getting rid of AW and reducing PC and RH to once a week for OTH and The OC. Frons is an ageist jerk.

Archived