Man commits suicide over internet webcam...

KLN

• Members

I have compassion for anyone who is pushed to the brink of suicide. It's a heavy burden to bear, contemplating the end of your life. Some people do go online in search of a lifeline, but ulimately, the decision does rest with you. Internet users can be complete ssholes who do not always grasp the severity of one's mental state.; everything is already exaggerated and annoynmous postings infse one with a teflon status.

It's a tragedy, but this man went into the chatroom with his mind already made to kill himself. I'm not sure if he needed the extra bit of courage from sadistic posters in order to claim a badge of "maytrdom" , but I believe his heart was into leaving his mortal body without consequence to his family. Again, I feel bad for him, but he satisified the goading of others; what about his family? Just last week, this guy that liked me pretended to fake a suicide for my attention! He threatened to drive off a bride. I was really tempted to tell him to [!@#$%^&*] off because I knew he was running a game. He was. I called him back and he said in a groggy voice that he had swallowed some pills and the ambulance was on the way. I frantically called back, left a voice message, telling him what he was doing was stupid and that he had a daughter to think about. A few minute later, he called back as alert as can be! it had all been a hoax. WTF?! This man knew that I had my episodes with depression and he treated an atraction to death as a dating tactic. F U. He actually called me this morning, wanting to have dinner. Um, NO! But I digress....

I've had those thoughts of deaths too, but I would never. I would hope to never. As long as my mother is living, so am I. I'm certainly not going to a bunch of freaks over the I-net the satisfaction. Moreover, because of my religious beliefs, I'd rather suffer in silence and let the thoughts fade inot abandonment. That's my preference; others choose differently, but they do choose for themsleves.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't say it was their job to help guy. One would think it would be common courtesy and the humane thing to do when you see someone about to hang themself.

The ones who were egging it on should be charged with assisting in a suicide, because that's exactly what they did.

• Members

Uh, yeah it may have been his choice but if you see a person about to kill themself FOR REAL then you don't just sit back and let it happen especially when you were part of the group that goaded him. On the internet unless there is an icon or they say something that expresses they are kidding you have no idea if they are being serious or joking.

This is very sad. Sure he did make the choice, but these people are partly accountable for this.

• Members

They may not have technically committed any crimes, but they most certainly should be ashamed of themselves (and that's putting it mildly).

Of course it was his choice. No one's arguing that. No one is saying they held a gun to his head and forced the noose around his neck. But they sure as hell did nothing to stop him. They just goaded him and egged him on. So they are by no means 'innocent'.

• Members

Obviously, the victim wasn't mentally stable enough to be critical of what others were saying.

Well, no one even bothered to try and stop him so while that's entirely possible, it's also highly presumptious. Guess we'll never know. :(

I can totally understand how someone would be in so much shock or fear to not be able to do something but to encourage the man to kill himself is just unforgivable.

Archived