DAYS: Willow Stark

• Members

I don't know why the suggestion that Willow will be the "next Nicole" is seen as counting in her favor. While Zucker undoubtedly improved alot during her tenure, it's a stretch to say that Nicole was ever a "fan favorite". I didn't see *that* many tears being shed when she disappeared last year. IMO, the character was always a second-rate Sami. She was enjoyable at times and Zucker had good chemistry with Ali and Lauren but one of the show's great characters? Hell no.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nicole wasn't that great of a character, but unlike Willow, she was more sympathetic and more entertaining to watch. She had good chemistry with Alison Sweeney and Austin Peck. There was a lot of potential for her, but unfortunately the writers stuck her in a useless triangle with Brady and Chloe knowing she wouldn't come away the winner, and she was a minor player in the Highstyle fiasco. Annie Burgstrede has chemistry with no one and she doesn't make Willow rootable or lively. She's a dull piece of dreck and she shouldn't have the airtime she's been getting.

• Members

Since I'm a Willow fan, it's my idea that those who don't see her good qualities have blinders on, such as why is another blonde on this show, blah LOLOLOL. I like her edge and believe me, Days needs her. I loved Ari and Nicole. JER really ruined Nicole and made her character unredeemable so there was no place to take her. So far, Willow is not unredeemable, and I surely hope he doesn't do that to her. Just enjoy Willow. Hogan has plans for her so let him show you why he created her.

• Members

I tried very hard to stay out of this thread because I've had some bad news this week and am depressed enough. However......I can speak only for myself, but I don't feel I have blinders on when it comes to Willow. It doesn't bother me that she's blonde, or an ex-hooker, or was initially brought in to keep Shawn and Belle apart. I don't care about any of that because this is a soap and man-hungry blonde hookers are a staple of the genre. Why I dislike Willow is a combination of several things. I don't feel the actress is all that talented, although I do agree she is improving. I'm not crazy about her look, but that is superficial and subject to individual taste; I'm sure some find her quite beautiful. I don't find any redeeming qualities about Willow, so I'm not invested in her. She's done a lot of bad things to a lot of people (two arsons, taking a bribe to lie in court, breaking and entering, theft, etc.), and I've seen nothing good, except she helped her brother with tuition money. I know she's pregnant, has no money, job or home, but I really don't care because the writers have given me no reason to care. McDonalds is always hiring, get a job there. Hope offered her help--paid for medical care, gave her money--and Willow repaid her by calling up Philip and telling him about Hope's slip up regarding Shawn. She's too proud to get public assistance (although her pride didn't stop her from being a prostitute) but was willing to take money from EJ to commit a crime against her baby's grandparents and the only person who has actually helped her (yes, Hope hates her, but she agreed to help her anyway). She's cruel and toys with the emotions of everyone she comes into contact with but gets angry and vindictive when someone treats her the same way. If she's going to be redeemed, Hogan has his work cut out for him because he's made her so unlikable so early on, with no background to help me understand or care why she's the person she is. But that's all just my opinion. For all of you that like Willow, that's great. I respect your opinion on that. For me, I just don't enjoy watching her. And I personally think she's getting way too much air time right now, when so many popular characters are backburnered. Right or wrong, that causes resentment for the newer characters among a lot of the fanbases. It's not rational, but that's the way it is when the balance is off as badly as it has been for the last few months.

• Members

Well, the thing is that there are Willow fans who do enjoy her and want to see why Hogan created her and what her backstory is and where she will be going. To me, this is intriguing. Why did she appear out of the blue at the exact time that Shawn needed consoling and why did she know exactly the things to say to earn his trust? There has to be a good backstory for her and we just don't know it yet. She is a character so I don't judge her for her actions, they just are used to move her story along and interweave with the other stories as they evolve. She is getting mixed up with EJ now and that's rather spooky though.

Archived