DAYS: Willow Stark

• Members

You're right about one thing Drew, more and more people are converting into Willow fans. I wouldn't classify myself into that category just yet. She has become more tolerable with a better storyline. She's still quite annoying though. Her voice and some of her facial expressions make me want to throw something at the television. I think she does have talent, but she is putting forth a little too much effort onscreen. Her scenes with Nick the other day, made me see her in a better light though. I'm hoping this whole baby storyline could give her a solid chance to develop into a better actress! I wouldn't have said this months ago, or even a couple of weeks back, but I do see a promising future for her at Days!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA. Hell, she could become the next Meryl Streep in twenty years, but right now Annie blows chunks as an actress, and that is something that is sure not going to endear me to the character of Willow (among other things).

BTW, I LOVE your banner, Kenny! :lol:

• Members

Thanks! LoL I thought you might.

I was bored today and also made this random one... not high tech or anything, but still showcases the lovely Eileen plenty well.

KristenBanner2.jpg

I also made this one, with edited nudes of Deidre Hall.

DeidreBanner.jpg

• Members

Here is my take on Willow:

Her first few days, I liked her. Then, I couldn't stand her up until they threw her with Philip. She grew more tolerable there. Then, I was hit and miss with her until I started hating her again last week. This week, I liked her in the Nick/Chelsea scenes. The fight with her and Chelsea was great and Anni handles those sort of scenes better.

I have gotten to the point that I am hit or miss with her and can tolerate her now. I see that she is there now and have grown to accept her for the time being so I am indifferent now. I don't hate her as much as I did. I have gotten used to her being there.

• Members

IA. For all the Ariannes and Bryans, why not mention the Warlocks and Hunleys and Evanses, the Ashfords and Northrops and Brennans, the Nicholses and Madisons etc etc etc, the people who could act since day one? Sure, it's great when it works out, but should that be the norm, the policy? To hire whoever and just hope they grow into it? Not IMO.

• Members

I hate Willow. I can't imagine ever liking the character or the actress, either.

Part of that is because I feel no need to re-do Nicole Walker, especially since the last one, after so many years on-screen, got no send-off and no recast, making her really a bit of a waste, imho.

And part of it has nothing to do with the character or the actress at all. Willow gets to mess in Shawn/Belle's stuff, in Chelsea/Nick's, in the Chelsea/Bo relationship, with Hope, and with EJ. She's everywhere, she gets that flexibility. But why her? Why does she get to be all up in everything? It's not the randomness that bothers me, it's that there are so many other characters I would like to see in that float-y capacity. I resent her for that.

But a lot of it- and related to this float-y-ness- is that they seem to be bumping her around until they find a place where she best fits. Frankly, neither the character nor the actress are so compelling that they deserve that, imho. It's reminding me of Patrick, in a way, and that makes me feel like she'll keep popping up everywhere without them ever giving me a real reason to give a damn about her, or even a real reason why she's there. I'm dreading the scene in which they announce she's some important Salemite's daughter as a cheap way of keeping her around, when she probably could have been a kick-ass short term character.

So the whole Willow thing...it baffles and irritates me.

• Members

I'm a Willow fan...liked her from day one. When I say like it means a lot of things, for instance I enjoy seeing her at work in the show. Willow is an intelligent, sharp cookie with lots of gall LOL. You never know what she will say and at times, what she will do. She's an original. Like does not mean approve of the devious or damaging things she does. However, truth be told, every character has done devious and damaging things. It depends on who the character is whether that character can get away with it. Willow happens to fall in the group that it's easy to fault her, but she is no different in that category. I want to see where Hogan plans to take her. I think she is breathtakingly beautiful especially since the gloss has been toned down and the wild look is gone. There is loads of story for her but the one that worries me the most is her baby. It would be too easy for Hogan to let her lose the child to make Shawn's life less complicated. I'd hate him for that. There is no reason to make a character pregnant and all of us go through it with her only to lose the baby at near term. That is as bad to my way of thinking as creating a child character just to kill it off.

• Members

The character sucks, the actress sucks, and in IMO she is one of the many, many reasons DAYS continues to tank in the ratings and viewers are getting dissatisfied. If the show is intent on having another Nicole messing up stuff in Salem, they should have rehired Ari Zuker.

• Members

Amen Bree...sing it girl!

Willow is a horrible character.

I find nothing redeeming about this hooker with no heart of gold.

She is annoying, and not in a good way like Jan was.

The sooner the Starks are written out, the better the show will be.

No doubt.

And as far as the actress goes...

well let's just say I personally find her really unpretty.

Superficial?

Probably.

But I just don't enjoy looking at her face.

• Members

I like willow.I dont think she is unattractive and dont think she is that bad of an actress (the girl who plays gabby? that's bad actress).she is improving every episode she's in and I think that with a little more character development,she will be great.

Archived