DAYS: Shock Casting News

• Members

Regardless, six months to a year ago, this rumor would have upset me. But Ashley's not growing! She's been handed scenes on a silver platter and she just blahs them right into mediocrity. She was a good for a teen actress, but there's no depth or growth. I think I saw more emotion on her ONE scene on the O.C. than she ever gives to Abby.

My reaction to this news: BLAH!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree that she's been handed scenes on a silver platter, King. For the most part, she has been used as little more than a prop for Nick and/or Chelsea. And her material with Max is pure fluff. The writers have not given her much to sink her teeth into since J&J left.

• Members

I agree. You can hardly judge her range or complete acting ability based on what she has been given this far.

She had some dramatic material last year when she caught Jen and Frankie in bed and was pretty good there, Granted, it was mostly anger but she was good nonetheless. I think she has the "it" factor and definitely has that special chemistry with Darin to make them work as a couple. She has chemistry with all of her fellow castmates. I think she is perfect for this role and will progress into being a future Days heroine/leading lady.

• Members

How about giving me a freaking heartattack!

I'm hoping this is just some cruel rumor. I'll be pissed if I spent the last 2 years investing in a couple where the two actors had undeniable chemistry, only to get some new actress that I'm going to have to start all over from scratch. :angry:

• Members

But she's done sh!t with what she's handed. Just because she has no story doesn't mean she hasn't been given good scenes. She's been given some emotional stuff. And she's mediocre, but she's stagnating and not growing.

• Members

Hopefully there will not be a recast at this time. I think if she is really leaving that she should decide to go back to England with Jack to be with the family there. Frankly, Ashley is too young to have a love life with Max and Jed it seems isn't working out and even so it would be a backburner story. Ashley has kicked up her heels before about Rachel getting more air time than her and I was horrified and probably never liked her as much after that. She is very immature. As a Horton girl, blonde, beautiful and smart, all she had to do was give herself a chance to grow up a little to fulfill the story that the witers seem to want for her. I'd be fine with her gone, but hate a recast for fulltime right now. Just let her go. Maybe in a couple of years she will be back if she hasn't got a great primetime job by then.

• Members

Why? Because Abby is so sickeningly sweet and innocent that she would never do anything unprofessional that might tarnish her halo?? We don't know [!@#$%^&*] about Ashley Benson. For all we know she could be the biggest !@#$%^&*] on the set.

• Members

That's true. Who was the girl that played Jennifer on ATWT several years ago. She was so sweet on screen. She was an okay actress - just getting started. I as well as many others were shocked when we found out how she was backstage and it got her fired. I always found it funny that I didn't think she was a terrific actress but for such a backstage Diva she made sweet and innocent look good as Jennifer.

• Members

No because I have read and saw interviews with her in mags and on Soaptalk. Plus, I have not heard a single bad thing about her from people that met her and such. I have read Rachel Melvin and others mention how sweet she is and, therefore, I am inclined to believe that until I hear otherwise.

Archived