DAYS: Shock Casting News

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's no secret. I read it in a very public place probably nbc or days site or her blog about wanting her fans to write to the show to request more air time for her as she was not getting as much as Rachel Melvin. It was not hidden at all that she was unhappy. If it is true, then something will be said in SOD because if she did act unseemly, we'll learn it.

• Members

You know, I was just thinking . . . it's very rare that an actor or actress is replaced temporarily because of illness. The only ones I can remember from DAYS are Mary Beth Evans (during one of her pregnancies . . . Stephen Nichols opened the show a couple of times, letting fans know that MB would be back soon); Patsy Pease (replaced by Anne Howard a time or two, once for an extended period of time . . . I love Anne Howard!); and Louise Sorel (replaced for a few days by Marj Dusay when Louise hurt her back . . . she did a great job and was an interesting Vivian for a week or less).

• Members

Maybe Ashley Benson is having an affair with a married co-star and has decided to leave the show to save her own marriage?! LOL.

ON a serious note, I hope this isn't true. I like her alot as Abby, they just need to throw something different at her and see if she can play it. Rachel Melvin's airtime isn't the problem. It seems like one of the more promising younger characters on DAYS can't even get a good story. I don't know what that says abput where TPTB's heads are right now.

• Members

bellcurve, you laugh, but if this IS true? I'll have no reason not to believe that history is repeating itself, and that Ashley, like her onscreen mother, is having sex with a co-star. Except, in this case, Ashley's sleeping with a MARRIED man!

So who is it, guys? Reckell? Nichols? Or HOGESTYN -- and is that the REAL reason he allegedly quit? :o

• Members

but that's the thing. If Ashley does leave the show? Then we have to start our theories. Because that lends credence to any of them. It's open to speculation. Because she may have said, one time, that she wanted more airtime, but that's hardly enough to get her booted off the show, especially with the Mabby fanbase, which is based on her specific chemistry with Darrin. We also don't know her tone. I choose to believe she's a G-rated virgin, personally. But if she's fired? Well, then everything changes, and I have NO choice but to believe she was having a torrid affair with one of her married co-stars. My money's still on Drake.

• Members

Yeah, it is not a usual thing, and to add to that I remember Heather Olson being temporarily recast in 2004 and Lindell was the recast, but I guess Days liked Lindell more and then fired Olson completely. That was a little shocking to me because it looked like they just fired her because she was sick.

• Members

It's true that Ashley has asked her fans to write the show and request more airtime. Nothing wrong with that. But she has NEVER asked for "more airtime than Rachel". The two of them get on very well together.

• Members

It was in the mags and all Dusty. The final straw was all week in scenes with Kathryn Hays that finally got her according to the mags. She was constantly holding up production by being late and other things and dissed Kathryn several times in front of the cast and crew. And the mags said she was constantly rude to the older stars esp. Kathryn & Colleen backstage. She felt she was more important to the future of ATWT than they were.

She got shown.

• Members

According to the post that Rugrat made that confirms the rumor she took another job. Obviously she wasn't happy with her lack of airtime, and felt she would get more work out of the other job. Or maybe it was for more money.

Quote from Rugrats post says it was a film:

Archived