OLTL Discussion: Week of March 19th

• Members

Forbes and Bree were rocking those scenes; though I felt Forbes was going over the top somewhat but Nash let Jessica have it and it's about time.

I feel for Evangeline; Layla is not even trying to deny that she as with Christian who is a complete ass.

As for Blair...um...she had a nice coat on at least.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Todd telling Blair that she uses her ass as a weapon. :lol:

Nash was heartbreaking. Jessica just doesn't get it. I liked him telling her how it's gonna be. I know everytime Brennan was called "Bree" it was like a diss to him and Jessica was blind to his feelings.

• Members

OLTL is back on track! Someone is doing osmething right; I'll excuse the McBain/Natalie crapfest, but the rest of the show is just on fire! I usually flip the channel when OLTL is on, but it;s suddenly must see TV.

I hate Blair, but Kassie Depaiva is great at her role. The exchange between Todd and Blair was on point with each trading insults concerning Starr and their respective pasts. Although, while Blair is a tramp, Todd IS a rapist. He is not "so called".

• Members

LOL, my sister jus said it best about Blair, "How many times is she going to og ot the hospital?" She is like a bad penny; glad that coat was spared.

Nash OWNED today's show. It's about time someone told Jessica how it is, refusing to coddle the princess.

• Members

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AN ENDING!

No kidding, though, the poor woman's hospital bills.

I did not see that coming, and I loved the expression on Dorian's face. When she turned around, I was like: what the hell just happened, and it was perfect that they had her be the first person to notice.

This was like, seriously, an episode that could be submitted for next year's Emmys.

Totally agree that Forbes owned this show.

• Members

I usually love Viki's spunk but today I was between horrification and being proud at her tredging upward and onward in making Clint listen to her. LOL. I loved that she gave back to Dorian what Dorian has done to her time and time again but then I wanted to slap Clint upside his head because he was being such a jerk. Gotta give Viki credit for not backing down and finally going after someone she wants.

Loved when Layla dissed her sister, did Vangie think an apology NOW would be the right thing, glad to see Layla brush her off.

How many times is Talia going to let the arsonist get the upper hand on her?

My head hurts from all the Nash/Jess stuff today. Who should I be rooting for, Nash/Jess or Jess/Tonio?

Blair gets shot again. That poor woman, she should just take stock in Llanview Hospital.

• Members

I thought today's show was very good -- except for the end. Poor ol Blair is going to have to start paying property taxes on that hospital bed.

Anyway, I was delighted that Nash stood his ground today. I thought Forbes and Bree gave wonderful performances and I think it is about time that Nash got to have a say in all of this.

Viki looked great. Clint made me mad.

It was a good day.

And yes, that child's name is Brennan. It pissed me off that Antonio got to change the name of Nash's kid just because he didn't like it, and Jess, said OK, that's good.

• Members

Today's episode was terrific! Usually this much crime makes the show very boring, but they are handling the crime scenarios so well that it's not bogging down the show.

I wish Cristian would take a pin and just start poking Evangeline to see if her ego is bustable. She acts as if being associated with Layla and Cristian is going to interrupt her path to sainthood. Get over yourself, Vange!

I'm ready for the Nash/Jess/Antonio triangle to wrap up or get some more action, and today we got that. Nash's meltdown has been coming on for weeks, and it was worth the wait! Finally he did something besides just yell. All the physical anger bound inside of him had to come out sooner or later. While Jessica was knelt next to him, though, I thought for sure he was going to lose it and hit her.

I can sense that the webcam that Antonio used with Talia is going to be used later as a NannyCam-ish toy, to see what Jessica does when it's just her and Nash together. Speaking of Talia, this arson investigation is really interesting!

I missed the first non-ski lodge episode where Foxy Roxy's was robbed. But today's robbing at The Palace had amazing scenes. John and Natalie are so enjoyable when we aren't seeing them constantly, I must say. They are the marriage that was not meant to be: first he gets run over by a semi-truck and now he gets robbed.

Gotta love Miles - he doesn't realize how stupid it was to tackle that guy. Ignorance is bliss in his case.

The best part of the show: Dorian immediately beginning to take off her rings when the robbers pulled out their guns. As they inform the customers they're going to be taking their money and jewelry, she takes off her earrings. Hilarious - Classic Dorian! She's willing to take a hit for the team of jewels. The second best part of the show was when the robber came up to John and Natalie and greeted them with 'Hi' before robbing them.

But then the end...."Oh, Blair"....unexpected, to say the least!

• Members

Is Ron Carlivati's stuff airing because OLTL has momentum again. Who do i credit for the superb writing given to Forbes March. Although he was a bit over the top, the dilaog was excellent.

The new quad is annoying. If Evangeline would stop for two seconds, she would realize the stink she smells is her own crap. She's angry at Cristian for sleeping with Blair but she also came close to sleeping with Todd a couple of times. Stop the hypocrisy and get it over with. Maybe when Todd finally bangs her he'll go back to Blair. Higley or Carlivati, whoever is responsible for continuing this storyline need to scrap it.

John and Natalie... Stop torturing viewers please.

The best scenes were Viki, Clint and Dorian. Dorian was funny reacting off of Viki's demands. They need to be featured more.

• Members

We've talked a lot about Forbes March, and I think he gave a wonderful performance. He really let it go, and was believable.

However, I think Bree Williamson is just great, and most days is tremendously underrated. Bree has really created a character who right now is torn by what her upbringing and her lifelong almost fantasy beliefs tell her she should be feeling, and what she actually feels.

Jessica is a character who thought if she married Antonio and took on this family, then she would forget about Nash and everything would be happy. She would have perfect life with Antonio and Brennan and Jamie. It's not the case.

Marriage didn't create her fantasy world and all it has done is made it worse. Now she loves Nash and she can't stop.

I would love for the writers to allow Jessica to explore this. Bree is showing it. Yes she is selfish because she doesn't know what to do. She thinks she should stay with Antonio, but she wants Nash. Either way, somebody gets hurt and it's her fault, and poor guilt driven Jessica knows that.

These are the emotions I would like to see Jessica show in a discussion with her mother or father or sister. I would like the Thursday episode to open the door for this emotional soul searching on the part of Jessica. It would be Jessica, not Nash and not Antonio and certainly not that overcooked triangle.

I was disappointed to see that after the honesty we saw Thursday, that the SON spoilers reveal more of the same triangle crap next week. It's like Thursday's dramatic shift in this story never happened. It's back to the weekly Nash and Jessica struggle with their feelings spoiler. Scotty I suspect you have template for that spoiler and the one that says John and Natalie fight their feelings or John fights his feelings for Natalie. I see the same in the crap Evangeline, Todd, Blair and Cris story.

The one bright spot is that Viki pretty much says to hell with Clint and Dorian -- a really really pointless and poor couple -- next week and makes a decision to move on. I hope OLTL recognizes the potential in a story featuring Viki as something other than a school marm or house plant.

I have to say that while OLTL has had it's bright moments the last few weeks, it really isn't any kind of seismic change in the direction of the show. It's really is hurry up and wait, and the storylines still seem disjoined and confused.

The most confusing and poorly written is this overdone triangle. But I see the same confusion in almost every storyline. Shooting Blair for example is really a case of huh why? The who killed Spencer might be the biggest who cares other than who killed Dead Daddy McBain, in a while.

Anyway, OLTL is much much better in my opinion because at least now we get shows like Thursday's and show like last Friday's at the ski lodge every now and again. But it still is a long way from being the type show its actors deserve.

• Members

Yesterday was great!!!!

Forbes and Bree- simlply amazing!!! I love Forbes!!!!! I am so happy that Nash called Jess on her crap!! Fianlly something that this Jash fan can be proud of!!!

Todd and Blair great scenes!! Loved Blair called Todd on his crap. Yeah Todd I would take slut over rapist anyday. Loved how jealous Todd was about Blair and Miles. Can't wait until he finds out about Blair and Chris. Todd needs to grow up and start being a parent to and not lay it all at Blair's feet. Loved Blair getting b*tchy about Van. My favorite is when she just walked away from Todd- and he followed her and looked p*ssed that she shut the door.

Van needs to STFU and stop being such a hypocritical b*tch!!! Nothing happened with Todd?- WHATEVER!!!! Lying and sex- that is Van now too!! Loved Layla and Chris verbally beating her saintamonious a**!!! I hate Van!!! I loved Chris though. Stay strong Chris!!

Vicki was guttsy. Loved Dorian and Vicki snark. Loved Dorian's lie to the robbers about already being robbed today.

John/Nat- I actually thought they weren't that bad today. And I can totally understand why Natalie accepts the proposal. John don't carry the ring unless you are deffinately going to give it to her!!!

OMG John shot Blair!!! My poor Blair. She does not deserve this!!!

Talia and Antonio are growing on me.

Miles and Marty- they are sweet, I liked Miles better when he was drunk!!!

Archived