OLTL Discussion: Week of March 19th

• Members
sigani_bfliesnflowers03-welcome.gif

Welcome to the One Life to Live Discussion Thread for the week of March 19th, 2007. We have a lot of good stuff coming up this week, so just set back and enjoy. Hope you enjoy your visit and are prepared to discuss the interworkings of Llanview, PA and OLTL. If so, then you're in the right place.

So, let's begin our discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whoops...someone at ABC pushed a worng button....did anyone see it?

It was when the announcer guy came on to say who was today's OLTL spoiler about 10 minutes into the show right before commercials, and today's AMC closing credits flash on the screen for a moment. We hear "on the next All My Children" and about 2 or 3 seconds of the previews from tomorrow. Then it goes back to the announcer guy voiceover and today's OLTL sponser.

• Members

Well, this is pretty good...the Britney and Langston catfight and Marty finding out about Starr and Cole and then her barging in on them like she did.

And Tate's comment about the 'three of them could take a shower together' was a little unexpected.

• Members

My favorite part was at the end when Todd found out about Starr and Cole. My gawd TSJ played it perfectly. He kinda reminded me of my dad cause when he said sit you ass down you did it. LOL

It wasnt the same as Thursday and Friday and hence my problem with DH she cant continue to write a good show after a good show and tomarrow we are for the boring cause John Mcbain is back.

• Members

I agree I thought TSJ played it very well. I'm sure most parents would have reacted the same way, if not worse.

I found Evangeline's comment to Layla very interesting "I thought you had changed" I hope this leads to some kind of backstory. I'm glad we're seeing some conflict between the sisters. It's about time.

• Members

TSJ absolutely rocked that scene. The best I have seen from Pigley since the gay politician story, a story where the aftermath was absolute garbage.

But back to TSJ. There was nothing he could have done to make that ending scene better. I was entranced. It was so well played that the realism was overwhelming.

And of course, I would have to say kudos to any character that puts that little demon b!tch Starr in her place. She has been running that household for far too long!

TSJ ROCKS!

ANDREA

• Members

Pretty good episode!!!

Todd/Van- cheesy dialog again!!! These two just have the same converstion over and over and over again. They are so boring and FF material!!!

Chris/Blair- loved them. Their converstion after the sex was interesting. It was funny and they looked like they had no regrets and nothing was going to come out of it. It was played well. I laughed when Chris pulled out the fur.

Van/Layla/Chris- Ok if I thought that my sister had sex with my boyfriend I would have been pissed. Van acted like she stubbed her toe. Come on Renee give me something!!! Loved Layla- that's right let the b*tch think what she wants!!! I so want a Chris/Layla/Van triange. Now that would be interesting!!!

Marty/Miles- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Adrianna/Rex/Tate- ZZZZZZZZZZZ Although I am starting to like Tate a lot more. He has some badboy potential.\

Cole/Starr- Boring!!!!!!!! Loved when Marty busted in on them- that was the saving grace!!!

**Welcome back Todd Manning!!! Please stay for at least 5 years. Loved that Todd got mad and physical with Starr. Loved that he yelled at Blair- so Todd. I would have loved to see Blair stand up to Todd and yell at him for handeling Starr, but that would make Blair look too good and they are trying to make her look as bad a humanly possible to see this Todd and Van crap!!!**

*********I think that Nora is on today**********

• Members

How is Blair being used to prop Todd and Vang? Blair has been a skank for the word go, and this is how she solves her problems while simultaneously getting revenge. When Blair is on the prowl, any man w/in a 5 mile radius better have condoms because she is going to put it on them.

All Blair's actions have done is show the audience that the writers are not finished with the Todd and Blair story, unfortunately!

ANDREA

• Members

The Todd/Evangeline scenes appear to have really put the cat among the pigeons. Some feel that T&E is a betrayal of everything Todd & Blair stand for, others think Evangeline is hypocritical and, in some cases, beyond redemption because she kissed Todd. Others argue that "real" Todd -- as incarnated by Roger Howarth -- would never have been down with an Evangeline pairing. With the touching, the jokes, the physical contact, the intimacy of that relationship.

I'm not sure what to think. To be honest, Todd has come a long way since 1993 and rape. The new face also meant a new lease of life, a new approach. And new writers (especially Higley) have redefined what Todd is about. Sometimes for the better, but mostly for the worse. I love both RH and TSJ's Todd, btw.

I have tried not to be "biased" when watching the whole Todd/Blair/Van/Cris stuff -- because I know ABCD is actively trying to "train" viewers to accept the pairings THEY want. However, I honestly think that OLTL is giving equal weight to all sides of the story here. Cristian and Blair's feelings and motives are just as important as Todd and Van's, IMO and I don't think Blair is being made out to be "bad" just to prop Todd & Evangeline.

And I'm trying not to be biased but it's hard. Because last Friday's scenes featuring T&E were some of the most powerful romantic stuff I've seen in a long time. Both were bundled up in winter clothes and bathrobes and blankets and it still exuded desire.

God, I sound like such a fangurl! How embarrassing, LOL. The touching and stuff may not be very Toddian -- but the chemistry between TSJ and REG was extremely powerful. For this viewer at least. I just hope TPTB play out all the beats to ALL four relationships here -- Todd, Blair, Van, Cris... instead of rushing the whole thing one way or another.

• Members

Well, so far so good for today...

Viki/Clint

Dorian/Roxy

Marcie/Michael

Bo/Nora

Carlotta/Jamie

Talia

not a bad way to start a show.

Did anyone else notice the Camel cigarette ad in the Craze maganzine that Marcie was reading at Foxy Roxy's? I know that's not an unusual ad for a magazine, but it seems like they made sure to show that ad on camera. lol

The rest of today is so-so...

Nash/Vincent

Natalie/John

Jessica/Antonio

One other good thing about today....a break from the ski lodge stuff. :)

Archived