Carol Burnett sues 'Family Guy' for $2M

Rhiannon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"'Family Guy,' like 'The Carol Burnett Show,' is famous for its pop culture parodies and satirical jabs at celebrities. We are surprised that Ms. Burnett, who has made a career of spoofing others on television, would go so far as to sue 'Family Guy' for a simple bit of comedy," said 20th Century Fox Television spokesman Chris Alexander.

I think that quote right there says it all IMO.

I can remember seeing that seeing, however I can't remember which episode of Family Guy it is from.

I have always really liked Carol Burnett, but I also like Family Guy.....and I think this whole thing is silly.

• Members

Carol was a DIVA a long long time before Desperate Housewives. :lol:

And she did WIN a lawsuit against The National Enquirer for defamation of character because they reported that she was drunk and disorderly at a celebrity function.

If they had parodied Carol herself, there would have been nothing she could have done. But since they used her trademark animated character "Charwoman" she does have a case for misappropriation of name and likeness & trademark violation.

No way she'll win violation of privacy, and/or copyright infringement.

At any rate, It makes her look like a bitter ole hag. Lighten up Carol, it's spoof comedy.

Archived