AMC: Friday

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love Adam. Love him! Sexxxxy. *growls*

JR is now officially a pointless Carey ho. Unfortunately.

I'm hoping McTavish is gone before she can remove Adam's package again concerning the Carey women, she did it hardcore with JR, so she'd probably do the same to Adam with enough time.

I liked the Tad and Julia scenes, the hair fondling was a bit much - but as "contrived" as it may be I love that Kathy has latched on to him as the daddy figure.

The not overdoing it row of Sean and Colby (contrary to last summer) is nice, if they hadn't had sex already I'd have really been looking forward to them falling in love and finally coming together in that way. Not that I'm not enjoying them slowly falling for each other as is.

Bianca/Zoe, sort of blah. I don't like Josh much, but when Bianca's preaching to him - I'm on his side because if that was Babe that did whatever she'd be all "oh isn't that the most lovely thing! You're the meaning of love" or "It's blank and blanks fault, really."

• Members

Great show today. No Kendall and less Babe. She was on but at least not the center today.

I loved seeing old Adam. And sorry but I actually loved JR seeing Adam's bad side. I hate JR and I loved seeing him get a dose of good old Adam's bad side. And my hate for JR is not because of the Carey's - I just hate the character but love the actor.

I love Tad. I sure hope the new writer has something big planned for him. It is just always a relief to see him. I loved him saying he had been arguing with God about it being only right he saw his child before he passed over.

This is going to be so good to see Adam exact revenge on everyone.

• Members

I love Adam! Adam has always been one of if not my favourite male characters of all time on AMC and finally the real character returned today! POD Adam died. I love it! I loved him ripping into J.R! He totally deserved it, everything Adam said, was true. J.R would have sold Adam up the river in order to get custody of his son. Love Jacob's portrayal of J.R but I am so over the character. I still need to watch the final 20 mins but man, LOL David Canary is going to rock this storyline!

Tad and Julia as contrived as this Kathy/Kate business is.... I kind of liked what I saw today. Julia and Tad would be much more interesting than Jamie and Julia and more realistic. Tad though will have his hands full with Krystal now. I am still not convinced where they will go with this. The new writers have lots of options for Tad. As Steve said, I hope he is a big focus of the new regime. Tad became wallpaper before McTavish came back.... but it almost would have been better for him to stay wallaper. McT has decimated him like no other character. But even with the crap material, MEK always delivers! How the hell did he not get an emmy nomination this year? Like seriously. I don't care that AMC was snubbed because Frons and Co. need a wake up call but not to give MEK a nomination assuming he sent in the witness stand episode. I mean come on!

• Members

Yeah, as much issues as she had and as bad as the stories - she put the man back on-screen (save half of Dixie's return, ironically), better than what he was getting before her return. I also hope the new writers continue with (and grow on) that. MEK still kicks all kinds of ass and there are a loooot of options for him right now.

Nobody on AMC deserved a nomination more for 2006. He had many episodes he could have gave in, as well (the episode you mentioned on top, my jaw was dropped during his courtroom episode). It's unfortunate...even though AMC deserved the Emmy-diss.

He is so rocking it.

• Members

All I was asking the emmy judges for was to give him and Leven Rambin a nomination. At least I got the latter. MEK always going to give you the best he has. I mean with the comedic wit and drama! Even though the whole courtroom stuff was a fake out, you really believed Tad and what he was saying. And really it is pretty much what Tad felt towards Dixie but that is the moment Tad and Dixie started finding their way back to each other. OMG when he admitted the truth to her and he just broke down and put his head in her lap! AHHHHHHH! Cady and MEK just worked so well together.

• Members

Naaaah, not boring. Just nuts in general under McT and apparently bisexual for sure now. Have another drink, Binky!

F.U.C.K. YOU, PTB and a special thanks to GLAAD and The Hammer, The Destroyer, Megan McTravesty.

Socially respoonsible story, my @ss. Not that I ever thought it would be under McT.

• Members

It Happened One Night Ryan

Alone in the dark not a creature was stirring...not any sperm or a louse or blouse or even a mouse. Just two creatures playing tonsil hockey and hoping that their precious little daughter does not interrupt their stroking the salami and massaging the mattress and kicking the cheese and cutting it as well. Before you know it they make noise louder than Roseanne Barr and Rosie O'Donnell both passing gas at the same time and knocking Tom Arnold and Donald Trump unconscious! Yep it is just two people doing the nasty but then again Ryan is also nasty so what else is new? Oh yea-Ryan once open mouthed kissed a horse once so whenever someone says, "Tell me something I don't know" that is what his reply can be. What a miracle this dufus is-NOT! As I said before, not a creature was stirring on this Dynamite Kiddo night...not a louse or a blouse or even a mouse but maybe the next night there will be one and then it gets inside Ryan's pants and tickles his ballz to the point where he starts making a river in his pants and scares off Annie so much she refuses to marry the arse. And all is right with the world. Then with the p i s s i n g someone can say Oh I see said the blind man as he pissed in the wind-it all comes back to me now. This joyful night has turned into a dudder but then again it was not as boring as watching a turtle try to climb Mt. Everest when it is full of pubic hair that has been erected higher than a Seattle-ite on drugs!

• Members

The thing is.... this story seemed to be taking a turn for the better. We had Zoe speaking with a doctor, attending a transgendered group meeting. It almost appeared as if TPTB were changing directions of the story. And now this.

This story if told from Zoe's perspective is classic AMC storytelling with a social conscious. The kind of story the great Agnes Nixon would be supportive of.

BARF simply... and bluntly is so insulting to me as a member of the GLBT community. I don't mind Bianca helping Zoe with the process, being a supportive friend... but I mean come on. Its so clear the agenda here is to give Eden a storyline without having her romantically linked to a physical woman. Bianca's character already has been destroyed enough. This will be the final nail in the coffin. The rape de-sexualized her.... now the BARF angle will de-gay her too.

Sad, sad state of affairs. My only hope is that the new writers will try and change this but this is probably higher than the writers... sadly.

BTW, its wonderful to see you back posting rsmith2k2. Haven't seen you in a while.

• Members

Ok I have to throw in my 2 cents.

I really don't think the rape de-sexualized her. And I really don't think BARF is de-gaying her.

I really don't prefer Bianca and Zoe being a romantic pair - BUT I think by saying this de-gays Bianca and that this doesn't make Bianca a true lesbian is only a slap in the face to all transgenders. They fight hard to be comfortable with who they are and no matter what gender makes themselves feel 'right' - well that shouldn't affect the gender they are attracted to. Who says a male that wants to be and feels like a female can't like other females? And who says that a lesbian can't fall in love with a transgendered female who is about to undergo re-assignement surgery?

I don't care what the motives truly are backstage...I don't think they decided to bring on a TG storyline just so they wouldn't have to put Bianca with a true naturally-born female. I don't think TPTB are laughing behind our backs like that.

I think you all are giving the character of Bianca an undeservedly hard time just bc she just now is showing a little happiness and closeness with Zoe (who looks and acts like a female). You know Bianca has always been forgiving and non-judgemental. And I just think that some of the fans' opinions on BARF really is a slap in the face to the Transgendered community.

• Members

Why thank you, Adam...I wish under happier AMC circumstances.

I had to step back a bit because the show was not interesting me much (SSK though I liked it at first) and getting on my nerves so bad for a while. Now I'm a bit fired up again.

I agree, I thought after the cookie baking, pinky swear, friends, I won't push my love on you that you don't apparently want, the soul love BS in December was just that, BS....all that was said and clarified and we were on to a better foundation for this story. Those statements, admissions of pushiing by Zoe...Bianca supporting her transition as a friend. Thought the TG group session, very well done, classic AMC is too short.

I was so hoping Bianca would slide out from under McT's fat thumb with some semblance of her lesbianism in tact. The last of those pipe dreams were over today.

And to have Bianca be drunk. And to have Zoe essentially maniupulative, imo (or appear that way after conflicting statements, intentions, etc)...and in NO way ready to be in a relationship. Plus all the material has given the Gay is a Choice Crowd, The Bianca Should Be With a Man Crowd, The Lesbian Sexuality is Not About Bodies Somehow Crowd. Lesbian Sex to Megan McT = Floating above the earth with intertwining auras. No hot monkey love for lesbians...we just hold out our hands in each other's general direction, never touching, never crossing that "ooky" physical plane, letting our energies exchange...you know like Spock and The Vulcans.

Besides, to have Bianca do this with ZERO self-examination, conflict, etc? Assinine. This could be as traumatic emotionally for a lesbian as it is for some people coming out of the closet as gay. This is essentially Bianca coming out of the closet again as, straight, bi, I am not quite sure, but it is not a lesbian representation that does lesbians any favor with the straight community AFAIC.

My only hope is Carlson has a huge theater career after a fabulous successful run as Hamlet. I hope Zoe leaves forever with him. It may be the only hope for Bianca, if there is any at all.

• Members

You make some good points there Alex. I never thought of it from that angle. I am just looking what is on screen now and what has been on screen since July 8th, 2003 and just calling it as I see it. No we don't know what the true motives are behind the scenes. Its just, Bianca following the rape shut Lena out.... and that effectively ended the relationship. She carried on with Maggie, who didn't know what the hell she wanted....

Then Maggie and Bianca finally hook up, but are shipped off screen. The Bianca comes back, Maggie cheated on her, the relationship is over. They gave us Bianca/Leslie.... but as a one night stand. Why not have her and Leslie hook up and Bianca be Zoe's friend? I mean Yesh I believe a lesbian could be drawn to a transgendered female.... but its just all a little too convenient for me.

• Members

GREAT show today.

Okay, everyone get your tomatoes and whatever else you want to throw at me but...

I FEEL SO SORRY FOR KRYSTAL!!!!

I absolutely love her and she really does love Adam.

That being said, I also loved seeing Adam back to his old self!! I hope this Adam sticks around.

Archived