AMC: Monday, March 5...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last half of this show was awful. I don't know who was directing or who was editing but they should be fired because that is not how you end a story.

Just a tiny correction RSinclair, Ryan did not save Kendall as much as he thinks he did. Zach got shot, got that device away from his father, overpowered his father and ripped the poison needle from her neck. The only thing Ryan did was untie her hands from the balcony and at that point Kendall's life was not at risk. It was actually really funny to me because MMT tried so hard to make her little golden boy get some glory and then he hugged Kendall and said she didn't have to worry anymore because he was there? WTF? You untied some satin ribbon from a girls hands? What kind of hero is that? I was embarassed for him. Ryan is such a littel dipshit, same thing with the coma storyline. He decided to show up in the last two minutes just so he can get all the accolades. What a joke MMT has made him. Hopefully the new writers get a better handle of his character and Cameron's acting skills.

What was that look in the end? Am I supposed to believe that Ryan sees that Kendall and Zach are in love? Is he sad? Forlorn? Defeated? Resigned? Angry? Shocked? It's so hard to tell with the same staredown he uses for every emotion. Did he think that he still had a shot with Kendall? Is he really that slow? Is he really that desperate? Is he really that stupid? Him and Annie are made for each other. I bet you Emma out-IQs both of them put together.

I did like Tad and Zach together. Good acting and decent writing. I can't believe the greatness of the Cohen penned episode of Friday led to the mess that was today? I will admit to the writing not being the only problem today. Directing and editing was just as much or perhaps even more to blame.

• Members

We talk so much about the episode writers, what about the directors?

My personal faves are Angela Tessinari and Steven Williford.

I also really love when Francesca James comes out of the woodwork every so often and directs.

• Members

Why am I surprised she's not a blonde? :unsure: She's Italian, so of course she'd have darker features like Lucci in her hey day (I thought her strong ethnicity made her absolutely STUNNING back in those days). I guess I'm just used to every other female, except for the Kane women, being blonde on the show.

I like Williford, Tessinari and O'Brien since he's been with the show for YEARS.

I do like it when they let Barbara Simmons and Michael Pomerico have a chance. Especially since Simmons is one of the show's editors and probably has that third eye for things like that. I wish Darnell Williams (ex-Jesse) would direct more. I would've loved to have seen what he would've done with the Bianca/Derek confrontation after Zoe was attacked.

Childs is a mess. If I wasn't already sick of him for introducing those horrendous quick shots of the police station or ConFusion before a scene starts, today's show would've done it for me.

• Members

Conal O'Brien I believe goes back to the 80's.

Casey Childs mixed with Courtney Bugler scripts, double hot mess.

Those quick shots you refer to Sinclair are so cheesy and sickening. Childs LOVES the shakey cams I notice too. They are hardly used at all anymore, but he brings them out. They were quite active today.

• Members

Isn't it only natural that one would feel that they love their current spouse more than they've ever loved a former spouse? I don't see the issue there at all... if he didn't feel that way about Krystal I'd say there was a problem. :P ITA about the directing today.... el stinko! :angry: Ryass is no hero... in fact, he's Alex Sr.'s biggest STOOGE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

As a student currently enrolled in year 2 of a media class, I spend a great deal of time learning how to film certain shots and also both technical direction and editing. So under my experience let me tell you that the editing and direction of today's episode SUCKED! The close-up shakey shots of Kendall crying/screaming, the shakey direction in general, and let's not forget my favorite part when Zach in slowmo knifed daddy, then all of the sudden it switched (with NO transition) back to normal timing. In fact it almost looked like they sped that clip up a little.

Then there was the ending. First off let me say that the first half of the show was written okay. But with all due respect to Ryan fans, it was completely and totally a disaster as soon as he and the rest of the scooby gang arrived on the scene. Now as for the ending, it was a combination of bad writing, horrible directing, and some questionable acting on Cam's part (bless his heart he tries so hard) but his expression was blank and not direct to the audience of what was meaning to be said. Was Ryan sad? Confused? Had a breakthrough? Eat something bad for lunch? The stare was not clear, and the writing is so off the walls that who knows what was going on in anyh of the scenes.

As a Zendall fan, I am glad to see the end of the SS arc. I thought TK's acting has been amazing these past couple episodes, but the story was getting a little too far out there. Loved the Tad and Zach scenes though. Old Tad is finally starting to reappear again. :)

• Members

Cameron Mathison has gotten worse and worse. I have a problem with the way he delivers lines and all the dumb hand spasms he makes. Things would help if he didn't say almost every single line in that same raspy-voiced/aggressive tone. I know some scenes call for him to be aggressive, but I see no range to it. It’s all one-note. He also looks like he's reading his lines off a teleprompter half the time. Anyone agree?

Maybe the raspy part is just his voice (haha) but I don't remember it always being like that. Is he a heavy smoker?

Archived