John McCain wants to overturn Roe v. Wade

Q Steph

• Members

I agree that both parents should make the decision.

It makes no sense that something that is only HALF the property of a women, cause she only HALF made it, gets the FULL decision.

Now that's injustice.

If one parent, the father for instance, wants to raise the child, it just seems right that there should be a provision for that.

And to argue otherwise really just is a selfish argument because finances are out of the equation, love is out of the equation and it just boils down to someone ordering an execution because she doesn't want stretch marks. It's sickening.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You ever been to a Planned Parenthood? You ever taken the chance to hear them out? Abortion is NOT what the preech. It's an option they offer. They preech safe sex. Birth contorl. Relationships between partners. Teach means of communication, etc. They don't want abortion, they want to prevent it from ever having gotten there. And if someone needs an abortion, they provide the service. Abortions are not like a walk in, say I want to abort my baby, and be done with it kind of deal. There is tons of counseling, mediation, one on one time with the mother (and father or family member). There's usually an exam, sometimes an utlrasound. There's chance after chance for these girls, women to change their minds if they choose. But that's what it's about, choosing.

Abortion has exsisted since the Plato and Aristotle were alive. Was pratice, and welcomed by the Ancient Greeks and Romans (all intensely God/s fairing people). This isn't somthing new, and it's not something that's going to go away. If you take the legality away from it, then you're putting the life the unborn above the life of a mother. Because a girl/women who is desperate enough to have an abortion will, and it could kill her if not done properly. You can't be pro-life and value one life over another.

• Members

Birth control failure is mostly failure TO USE birth control. There are always excuses. Very rarely do BCPs fail if taken correctly (>99% effective). I know if I were a woman, I would not trust the guy with contraception. It's not that I think women are the ones solely responsible; I think both are equally responsible. It is just that it is the woman that has to either have an abortion or go through a pregnancy; she has more to loose if the pregnancy is unwanted and that is just a fact of biology! Of coarse, using a condom AND another form of effective contraception would be virtually 100% effective and both people would be taking responsiblity. Sooner or later, a male BCP will be available and give more options. Drug companies are working on it because it will be a bonanza for the one that comes up with it first. Don't think men want take "the pill" because they will. There are men out there who would like nothing more than to be certain they are NOT the father of an unwanted child. The problem is that currently the only effective REVERSABLE male method is the condom. It use to be about the only reasonably effective method period (male or female) but advances in female contraceptive choices has bloomed over the years without really anything being developed for men.

• Members

Well, I agree that we should worry about the children in those situations. But I also think that when I see pictures and video of something as gruesome as abortion, and I can SEE how awful that procedure is, how undignified, how inhumane it is, I have no choice but to fight for life. It just boggles my mind how anyone could want THAT for their child, their own flesh and blood. To have some scrape their uterus, slice and dice limb from limb...to have their precious child's heat floating in their body, literally, detached from its body. To have an abortion "doctor" crush their child's skull to make it easier to remove. In some cases, as the girl confessed on the "O'Reilly Factor" about an underage abortion, DELIVERING YOUR CHILD in a TOILET. A toilet.

That is a social evil.

And I use that last word cautiously since I know pro-choice extremists would try to say it's a religious term and this is a religious issue and we have separation of church and state. Again, this is not a religious issue. Some faiths choose to subscribe to a certain belief because of their faith, but ultimatley, it's whether or not you believe life begins at the moment of conception. And even if you don't, it's about whether you think HUMANS, members of our own race, should be treated in the manner that I described above.

I don't. And I will fight, without violence, what I believe to be the "good fight." I can't imagine what it means to fight the 'other side's' battle. In my mind, it's littered with a tall heap of over 40 million bloody, mutilated, mangled up, burned fetuses. That's what you're fighting for, folks. Maybe you can do that, but I won't have that on my conscience. Because in the end, that's what "women's rights" amounts to. That's the legacy. Having maybe 40 or 50 years of your life without a child you didn't want, DYING yourself, and having nothing to show for it but "autonomy" and bloody, mangled up life or "potential life." Regardless of the term of "choice" for those precious babies, it's disgusting.

• Members

These arguments are NEVER fair.

A man can't gestate a pregnancy.

Sorry, the argument doesn't fly.

That's a woman's gift. Yes, GIFT. This is not someone trying to force duties and hardships on women, as Steinem and the far left have tried to paint it; this is about getting people to realize that pregnancy is natural, it's beautiful; yes, it's "woman's work" but not in the negative way they paint it; it's just that only women CAN do it.

So to argue that a woman shouldn't carry a baby to term if a father wants it, just because he lacks that natural ability and never will be able to have that capacity...it just doesn't make sense. It seems like a cop-out to support abortion rights, with no real argument.

• Members

That's not what the fight is about. Many pro-choice supporters, myself included, wouldn't have abortions. But we don't believe it's right to tell others' they can't. If i went out and had and abortion tomorrow, what does that do to you? Why do you care? What impact does it have on your life? The answer: None. It's giving women a choice. John McCain somehow knows better then me, what's right for my life? And that said, I want to protect women too. Because abortion isn't a new issue, and it's not going away. As least if the practice is legalized and monitored then it's safe. The goal of the pro-choice stance, is to make abortions uneccassary. Get society to a point where sex isn't a tabboo. Where you're not stigmatized as having done something bad when you have sex. To get our youth, educated in safe sex. To make them aware of their opinions, make them afforable and accessible. So that abortion does't end up being necessary. Those same people who think that they can tell me what to do with my body, are the ones promoting the taboos on sex, which lead to unwanted pregnancies, and ultimately abortion. So, while abortion may seem to be a pro-choice decision, it's being fueled just as much by the attitudes and decisions of pro-lifers.

• Members

You're acting like the "toilet birth" is the norm. Funny you bring that up, because if abortions were outlawed, these type of things WOULD become the norm (with women trying to do it themselves). I'm not an expert on the size, but don't most abortions occur when the fetus is about the size of your thumb (or smaller)? "Slice and dice from limb to limb" when it's that small? Don't think so.

• Members

I disagree and think the only way we can limit abortions is ceasing them altogether. :lol:

Honestly, how can pro-choicers not realize that Planned Parenthood is PROFITING from the abortion procedures they provide? It's hard to think about, but it's true.

And when women's organizations are selling cute T-shirts proclaiming "I had an abortion!" like it empowers women and is something to stand up and shout about, I can't believe extreme pro-choice organizations and Planned Parenthood have any real hope or care to limit abortions -- especially since it can make some mean "blood" money.

Pro-choicers make documentaries about women who've had abortions, to let them know there's nothing shameful about it. By lifting the shame, they're basically saying, "Come one, come all!"

I'm not saying they're just in it for the profit. But I'm also not going to say I believe they truly want abortions limited -- significantly. All the signs to the contrary tell me otherwise.

• Members

And that makes no sense, I believe, when people say "the father should have a say ... but the ultimate decision stays with the mother."

In essence, that means fathers STILL have no rights.

A court could stomp all over that.

Unless fathers have REAL rights. ULTIMATE decision-making as well...this isn't equality of the sexes. I stand by my belief that it's selfish of a woman to abort if a father wants the child, will pay all her medical bills and the ONLY reason she wants to abort is because she'll get stretch marks.

Archived