ATWT: Happy Bloody Valentines!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was a very, very good episode! Can Richard Culliton and Grant Alexander deliver or what! Kim, Bob, and Margo were awesome. Margo played finding out about Adam just right.

This is the first time in a long time that Kim and Bob have actually kept up with what is going on in a story, instead of just showing up on random days. Also, Bob worrying about Kim being tired and going home, and himself talking about having a bad day -- wow! They actually have their own lives! The purpose of their existence is not to be props for other characters!

I really think something must have changed behind the scenes at ATWT to be letting this happen now -- some kind of power struggle between writers or with the network having been resolved perhaps. Or, maybe Gary Sunshine is ghostwriting alongside as Jean P. as some have speculated. The improvement started on Jan. 8th, and it's just been getting better and better.

The Will/Gwen stuff was intense. I felt like I was watching a big-budget, sweeping, epic romatic movie as Gwen fiddled nervously with the knobs in the shower and then Will and Gwen talked and Will was there holding her at the end. Great writing and directing. I feel Will was right to apologize -- he had really gone off the handle on her on the phone the other day, and pushed her away.

This is neither good nor bad, but Bob's dialogue with Meg where an older male chief of staff is talking to a younger hospital employee about facing an investigation, a medical review board, disgracing the ethics of the medical profession, etc., was classic Richard Culliton, lol -- he loves writing that stuff (Alan Quartermaine and Joe Scanlon -- PC, Joe Martin and David Hayward -- AMC).

oakdalelover, I think Culliton wrote Tuesday and today, not Monday and today. WorldTurnsatGH, Brad mentioned Valentine's Day.

• Members

I thought Mimi Leahey wrote Tuesday and Cullton wrote Mon and Wed.

Anyways,I agree with you!I can tell a difference.

I have heard a rumor,nothing confirmed, that Culliton although listed as a scriptwriter has been given extra duties about 2-3 weeks ago and that nothing can really be said until Jean's contract ends this spring.

Now that is just a rumor.With the subtle changes seen on screen lately,I can only hope that is true!

As far as special Valentines day episodes go: I will take good solid storytelling respecting history,featuring several different generations featuring good inteligent dialogue over cheesy stunt-filled episodes anytime!

• Members

Culliton wrote Tuesday's eppy.

LOL...they also ran the credits after Tuesday's eppy. Cheri's last name is "Love". At least they don't waste time choosing names.

I don't get the Gary Valentine thing. They only seem to credit him every other week.

Archived