Teens get 10 years for baking puppy...

KLN

• Members

WARNING: GRAPHIC.

Witnesses said the puppy followed them into the community center at that time. When these two brothers allegedly finished smashing windows, tossing computer equipment out of the windows, throwing paint all over the place, and generally destroying the community center, they are accused of then baking the puppy in the oven.

But first they are said to have painted her. Some urine from the puppy was found on a counter where they may have placed her. Next she was "hogtied"; her front legs as well as her back legs were duct taped together. Duct tape was placed over her mouth and nose.

Prosecutors argued the brothers then tried to set the dog on fire. When this effort failed, they are said to have decided to burn her in the oven. The puppy was alive and breathing when these young men are said to have put her into the oven set at 500 degrees F. She was tied by her neck to the rack of the oven.

During their first trial a forensic veterinarian said her vagina might have been burned prior to when she was put into the oven. According to the veterinarian, the puppy struggled, screamed, cried, defecated, and scratched the inside of the oven door until her nails were gone, and only blood and nerves remained. Blood covered the inside of the oven. The puppy did not die quickly. She eventually died of thermal heat. She was cooked to death.

Several children testified the brothers later took friends to see the dead puppy in the oven. The children were threatened with death if they told anyone about the puppy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

pupy.jpg

Justin and Joshua Moulder in court on Friday afternoon, Jan. 26, 2007.

Last Modified: 2/9/2007 2:00:28 PM

Two brothers accused of torturing and killing a puppy by baking it in an oven were sentenced ot 10 years in prison Friday.

Joshua and Justin Moulder entered a packed courtroom Friday morning. Animal rights activists and supporters for the brothers filled the seats.

Both brothers pleaded guilty to a 10 count felony indictment, which included charges of aggravated animal cruelty.

Prosecutors called witnesses who testified about the brothers' criminal pasts and juvenile records.

Joshua Moulder's criminal records contained charges of burglary, criminal trespass and battery, while Justin Moulder was convicted of shoplifting and child molestation as a juvenile.

Prosecutors also brought in 5,000 letters sent to the District Attorney's office and 17,000 signatures on a petition in support of prison time for the brothers.

Prosecutors said the letters and the signatures on the petition came from all over the country and all over the world.

The judge in the case said she would not use public opinion to make her decision.

"I have not viewed any of the letters and will not view any of the letters or petitions. I've not viewed the petitions either. We will take what has been the evidence in this case, presented in this court. Where there has been the opportunity for the State to present, the defense to cross examine and vice versa," said Judge Thelma Wyatt Cummings Moore.

http://www.care2.com/c2c/groups/disc.html?...&pst=851910

• Members

seriously, anyting that involves animals, especially dogs, getting hurt and/or killed makes me so upset. :(

I'm not even going to read those articles. Some things are better left not knowing about.

I've always had dogs since I was born. We have 3 right now. I just can't imagine people being that sick and twisted. Dogs (like a lot of animals) have emotions too. If anyone doesn't believe that, then they obviously haven't had any dogs and/or cats as pets.

We had a puppy that died (in an accident). It still makes me sick thinking about the poor thing dying, even 9 years after the fact. :(

• Members

Same here. There's nothing that upsets me more than that, which is why I won't read any of the articles, because it's just too much. I hate/loathe/despise/abhor animal cruelty of ANY kind. I hope PETA goes for their heads. This is just too twisted.

• Members

This story breaks my heart to think of that poor puppy suffering. I want to cry right now. I don't think it would bother me as much as it does if they would have killed the puppy quickly, but for them to bake to death! That would be a horrible way for any person/creature to die.

• Members

This story just tears me up inside. And to think how it suffered and tried to get out of the oven makes it that much more heartbreaking.

As I set and look at my housecat and see him asleep on the bed al wrapped up in his blanket, I wonder how anyone can be soooo cruel that they would want to harm a poor, defenless little animal.

And, while there are a lot of sick and twisted people in this world, it makes me feel a little better to know that there is at least one animal who won't have to go through all that pain and suffering. At least my cat will be safe. But while he plays with all his toys, sets in the bathroom floor in front of the little heater which he loves, eats his favorite treats, sleeps under his little blanket, and looks at me with his big pretty green eyes....I can't help but think of the torture that some animals endure because of hateful, evil people like those two teenage boys.

How ANYONE can mistreat an animal is beyond me. I treat my cat like royalty. There are pictures of him around the house along with the family, we celebrate his birthday each year, he gets Christmas presents and has his own stockings and ornaments, he signs cards (ok, I have to trace the outline of his paw on the card and try to hold the pen in his paw as I write his name, but still he 'signs' them), he helps 'buy' Christmas presents for the family (we sign his name on some of the presents), he has a big box full of toys, he gets love and attention each and everyday, he gets brushed all the time, and much more...

As you can tell I am an animal lover. There is no way I could ever hunt any kind of animal. I could not bear to shoot any animal. So I'm a softie when it comes to animals, I'll admit it. They are living things too, just like human beings. I wonder how those boys would like it if someone stuck them in an oven and left them to die. That should be their punishment, and then can go straight to hell and suffer for all eternity. It's at least some comfort to me to know that that's where they'll end up anyway for this and all their other crimes.

At least the poor puppy is in a much better place now.

This world is a sick, sick place. So much for morals....

I'm a religous person and I know we're supposed to love everyone and forgive them, but I can't do that with these guys. I hope they get what they deserve, and then more, more, more, and then more.

The poor little puppy....if only he had ran away instead of following after them in hopes of love, affection, and attention.

Well, I'm going to go brush and talk to my cat and let me know how much a part of my family he is.

Take care everyone, and be nice to humans and animals alike.

• Members

Great post Scotty, and it's EXACTLY how I feel too. I'm an animal lover too and every time I think about this, I feel sick inside, and it makes me want to adopt dozens of dogs to keep them from being treated this way. I just can't even comprehend how anyone could be this cruel.

• Members

Thanks...and I know how you feel...I can't even stand to watch those shows on Animal Planet where those cops investigate homes of people who abuse animals or visit an animal shelter because it just breaks my heart. How anyone could be so cruel I'll never know. But I hope they get exactly what they deserve and then some.

• Members

I can't watch that show ethier it makes me sad. There is also a commerical that I have to change the channel when it comes on about a place that is collecting money to help animals who need it. I think that is a great cause, but the pictures of the animals that are hurt in the commerical are just to much for me.

Archived