SOAPnet acquire the rights to.......

• Members

Well, it might not be bringing in extremely well numbers all around, but it still does pretty good. Last fall's season *finale* (well the last two eppys) both brought in OTH highest numbers ever giving them something like 4 million and some change in viewership. If I'm not mistaken, that was one of the strongest nights for the CW since it's debut.

The WB was a *netlet* compared to the 4 biggies and so is the CW...their numbers will prlly never dominate the other 4, but it still does pretty good and I still would be suprised if it wasn't picked back up for at least a 5th and final season.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. Yeah, I miss Jax and CarJax.

You know, they could keep playing Dallas for years to come and I'd never get sick of it. I just have a hard time believing OTH and The OC have that kind of staying power. I really wish they had gotten Santa Barbara. Oh well.

• Members

A special note from junior:

I just want to thank everyone who came in this thread & showed their support for SB. It was nice not being the only one b!tching & moaning here for once. I know you all were just stating your own opinions but as a poster, it made me feel really good that some of you, who've probably never even seen SB, came in here to talk about it.

There were definitely more pro-SB posts in here than there would have been 6 months ago. Makes me feel like my crusade is going somewhere. :)

• Members

Be sure to check out the Dinner Party Clips I posted on youtube then HoganStays. Some of the best stuff from the later years, and you don't have to know the entire history of the show to follow it.

Dinner Party Pt. 1

Dinner Party Pt. 2

Dinner Party Pt. 3

ETA: By the way, if you liked Hogan Sheffer, you'd LOVE the Dobsons (SB's creators & writers)

• Members

I miss Dynasty, they got rid of it not long after I finally got SOAPnet........

For a short while I thought that I was lucky, because SOAPnet had started showing Dynasty from the beginning right after I got the channel; so silly me thought I would get to see the show from beginning and enjoy it.....

• Members

I really don't think they'd have enough room to add another current soap to their lineup. Unless they do SOAPnet2, they should leave it at the current 5 and focus on adding more classic *daytime* soaps.

What I would like to see for the off-network soaps are classic marathons. Remember last year they aired the ATWT/GL Emmy episodes so it isn't impossible. That would be a nice treat. Hell, I'm still waiting for classic Y&R episodes and they do own rghts to those eppys.

• Members

Isn't Brian Frons in charge of SoapNet? If so, this explains bringing on soaps that cater to younger viewers, since Frons clearly has no regard for actors over the age of 40. But reruns of shows people can purchase on DVD is not the way to go. Wouldn't it be a better payoff for the channel to get Santa Barbara, Edge of Night, Search for Tomorrow? Hell, if SoapNet got Sunset Beach, that would be a huge deal since it's missed by many fans.

I think adding a SoapNet 2 and using that to showcase early seasons of current or recently canceled primetime soaps, reruns of Melrose and BH 90210 as well as original creations is the way to go. Has anyone seen Falcon Beach? It doesn't look that intriguing.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 10 2007, 05:22 AM)
I really don't think they'd have enough room to add another current soap to their lineup. Unless they do SOAPnet2, they should leave it at the current 5 and focus on adding more classic *daytime* soaps.

What I would like to see for the off-network soaps are classic marathons. Remember last year they aired the ATWT/GL Emmy episodes so it isn't impossible. That would be a nice treat. Hell, I'm still waiting for classic Y&R episodes and they do own rghts to those eppys.

Frons better do the Emmy Marathons This Year. That was a great way to see what every show had up for grabs, even if it was just one of the two episodes.

I remember being so excited, thinking it was literally unprecidented in all of television...the Outstanding Drama Series of any genre of TV having a marathon featuring the show that they got nominated for. It was fierce.

It would be like HBO running the Oscar Nominees for Best Picture Back-to-Back for one day only.

Archived