GL: Monday (2/5/07)

• Members

W :o W !

I haven't watched the show in a while, so imagine my amazement when I turn on the telelvision and see Marcy Rylan crying her heart out as Lizzie, Beth Ehlers being as Harley as possible, Ron Raines portraying Alan's compassion with a hint of bullsh*t, and Yvonna Wright actually on my TV screen!

Whoever wrote today's episode script/dialogue did an amazing job!!

Amazing dialogue between everyone who shared scenes today. A special recognition to the Alan/Beth, Dinah/anyone, and Lizzie/anyone scenes.

Gillespie got away. :rolleyes: Imagine that.

Doris Wolfe is a crooked D.A. :rolleyes: Imagine that.

LMAO when Remy was drunk and hitting on Dinah, even pulling her into the shower with him, and subsequently sad when, through dialogue, it showed he was really mourning the loss of Tammy and taking it hard. :(

AWESOME show today!! In every aspect. The only three parts I didn't like was what a charicature villain Alan has become, getting away with every plot and scheme, taking as many lives as necessary in the process....that Gillespie guy getting extradited to Australia and crooked Doris trying her best to seduce Alan....and bratty Daisy/Susan/whatever.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved it! I am loving the fact that I am enjoying the show lately!

I liked the Mel/Remy scenes when they discussed Remy's past problems with his father.Remy brought up that he was first going to be a musician,then a physical therapist then a cop. They are paying attention the history of the characters. That is good.

A match between Doris-one of my favorite minor characters- and Alan is going to be fun to watch!

• Members

Q Steph and DruRocks, I have been super critical of my second favorite shoiw. I even tuned out and haven't really watched in months.

I have been watching more regularily the last couple of weeks and the show IS getting good again.

Of course,ATWT is slipping.That may be making GL look better to me.

I would give it another try!!!!

• Members

Seriously, tell your friends, tell your family tell anyone that will listen- They need to turn on the Light. This show has been fantastic lately. Todays episode was no exception, I love the idea of alan/doris, Lizzie did an excellent job and I might not love remy but he is growing on me and I enjoyed his and mel's scenes.

2007: THIS IS GUIDING LIGHT'S YEAR AND IT SURE IS SHINING BRIGHT!!!! :)

• Members

To answer your question, Steph....

Tammy didn't return to haunt Cassie. As far as I know, T.G. is gone. I just get Lizzie and Tammy confused sometimes....I went back and edited that. Sorry.

Lizzie's scenes were awesome. She was holding Roxie the dog, saying that she was a mother once. How she had the most beautiful baby girl. Then she said that she couldn't do this anymore. Vowed that she was a Spaulding and she was a force to be reckoned with. Soon, Beth arrived and the two shared AMAZING scenes together. (Marcy and Beth have impeccable chemistry together).

Then, snap to Lizzie showing up at Outskirts, wanting to talk about byuing the place from Billy. The bartended asked if she'd make it some sort of memorial to Jonathan. She said no, she'd bulldoze the place down. Then, Remy tore into her. Lizzie cried, saying that she and Tammy were friends. They might have done horrible things to one another, but deep down, they were friends.

Dinah pulled Remy off of Lizzie, leaving Lizzie alone. Then she discovered (on the counter behind the bar) an 8x10 wedding picture of Jammy/Sarah. Then she saw a little bootie sitting on top of it. Said "This can't be." Something about how Sarah was wearing it the day she 'died'.

Basically. GL was phenomenal today!!!!!

Archived