What Passions storyline will be most radically altered??

• Members

As the Countdown to Cancellation begins (we're at t-minus 7 months and 3 days), I wonder what story will be most altered by the cancellation news?

My bet? The Sheridan/Luis/Fancy triangle.

I think we will see things really get messed up around May and through July...at this point I think Sheridan's shenanigans will have caught up with her, and she'll have been exposed. At the same time, she'll have learned she was unwittingly helping the evil masked figure.

Around the same time, Beth and Alistair will return. Beth will try to kill Fancy so she can have Luis to herself, but Noah will rescue her. At this point, Paloma will realize she doesn't have a chance with Noah and leaves him.

Beth will accidentally kill Chris in her attempt to kill Sheridan as well (this is after he's been exposed as evil). Sheridan and Luis will team up to hunt down Alistair and Beth. In the shocking conclusion, Luis subdues Beth and she is sent to the psych ward, and Sheridan kills Alistair. Sheridan and Luis reunite with Marty, and the show ends with Sheridan and Luis' wedding.

And to all you Lancy fans...JER is not going to end the show with his signature star-crossed couple being separated. This will finally be the lifetime in which Shuis are able to be together and be happy.

What story do you think will be most affected by the cancellation??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

but with how Sheridan's acting, it's not the type of person Luis would want.

I'm sure the Bennetts will get the shaft, like they have since 2003. Simone and Paloma will also not get much.

They'll have to play out this ridiculous Fox Kay Miguel story, hopefully explain why Fox is doing things he never would have done before ... ever!

They should just have this masked crazy person stalk and murder the town residents, ala Loving. Resolve their plot lines, and kill em, and then build it up as a mystery going into the final week.

• Members

This is an excellent topic, Rion. Thanks for starting it! In the end, I think this is the most important question, regarding the cancellation. Because whether or not "Passions" (a spinoff) is picked up, the show, I believe, will END in September. That is, all storylines will be, or should be, resolved and all loose ends tied up. So this is a very important question. Obviously (presumably?) JER had plans beyond this year, so several storylines will have to be changed to accomodate that September deadline. It'll be interesting to see the outcome.

• Members

It won't take long to wrap up these stories because JER won't be starting anything new. But the story that's most going to have to be rewritten and shortened is the Shuis/Fancy triangle, IMO...it's the most complicated with Sheridan's recent behaviour.

And yes, Luis WILL want Sheridan because they're soulmates. Theresa still wants Ethan after all this, and Kay still wants both Fox and Miguel after their shenanigans, so I don't see what the big deal is with Sher Sher's actions.

• Members

I think, Kenny, the question is, how will storylines HAVE to change due to the ending?

Personally, I believe that somehow, this is the real Sheridan. Even with all she's doing. But with the cancellation, and knowing how slow JER writes (and that he probably planned Sheridan's character to return back to normal gradually in November 2008), I'd say that they'd have to pull an "It was Beth all along!" or "It was Sheridan being controlled by Beth!" or something similar, in order to explain her actions. Either that or an easy out, like a tumor that affected Sheridan's behavior.

• Members

Yes, I do believe JER will wrap up ALL the stories in August/September when the show goes off NBC even if it moves to cable or the internet. The "new" Passions will start fresh with new stories, so I do believe we'll see resolutions.

As for serial killings/deaths, I don't think JER will introduce a serial killer story even though there's already one on the loose. I think any deaths we'll see will occur during the Big Battle Between Good and Evil this summer. It will honestly be so awesome when Charity, Grace, Jessica, and Kay unite their powers to eradicate all evil. The question is, will Kay choose the good side or the bad side?

• Members

It would be a great way to finish it out, and use this weird masked dude. Just as long as its a genuine mystery and a shocking ending. I'd be so pissed if it was something stupid and predictable like Alistair or Beth, or a Jared twin.

Make it someone like Julian, or Ethan. Something shocking, but something that makes sense.

• Members

I think we will see what JER wanted to play out happen up until maybe June. Then we may see different things depending on whether the show will continue in some way or will be in it's final weeks. If it does go off the air, alot of it depends on JER and whether he wants to reward loyal fans with payoffs or not. It will all be up to him and how he chooses to end it.

It's hard to predict but I think Fancy/Luis/Sheridan will be the most altered as it seems like a plot JER was going to drag out for a long time. The other stories are moving a bit right now and have been going for some time so I'm not sure how much he will change them other then just ending them if he he has to or wants to.

I would love to see a serial killer plot. I have wanted that for years but I think it may be too late for that.

• Members

There's only like a few characters they can kill off without pissing off the fans, and they are Jessica, Valerie, Spike, and Chris. Not much for a serial killer to work with.

Everyone knows JER will give happy endings to Therethan, Shuis, Charguel, Foxay, Foah, Gram, Juvy, Teve, etc... So not much point in killing off anyone else.

Plus, it would be much more dramatic for someone to die in the Big Battle and sacrifice themselves as a hero. Can you imagine Jessica choosing to sacrifice herself to save Harmony? It would be poignant and much more moving than violence for violence's sake.

• Members

If Passions continues on the internet... mark my words, JER will not resolve all the stories. Maybe some, but not all. They'll probably end on a cliffhanger of some kind, as their way of getting people to buy the new internet episodes. It won't all be resolved... that would give viewers no reason to 'tune in tomorrow' on the internet. And television viewers would be cheated of a definitive end.

And until a decision is made regarding Passions fate on the internet/etc., the stories will continue on as they always have, because the show will have to end differently depending upon whether or not it continues on elsewhere.

That's just my prediction.

Archived