DAYS: Friday, Feburary 2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally disagree. I dont think the writers are at all intending Belle to be the immature, whiny, needy Belle she used to be. I think they were accurately portraying any woman in her position who I think was just coming to the reality of everything going on. She's been privileged to alot her whole life, so to suddenly be on the run...and now possibly all by herself, WITH A KIRIAKIS ON HER TAIL...anyone in her place would be losing it about then I'd imagine.

And on another, but slightly related, note...I've notice a good many people on several different boards jumping to quick conclusions about DAYS' writing and what they're doing and how characters are acting and how nothing is happening on the show and it's sweeps...I think people need to relax and give the writers a little credit. This show is TONS better than even 10 months ago...to nitpick and expect perfection all the time is ridiculous. Give the writers and producers a chance and see where they're actually going with a story or situation before harping all over it and criticizing everything that you might/might not see in one or a few episodes. JMHO.

• Members

I agree.

Sweeps might not be action-packed balls to the wall amazing stuff, but it's still solid gold compared to what we got under Reilly. Amazing how time seems to heal all wounds, LoL.

It irks me that Days has this really weird anti-sweeps sentiment, where they do all their good stuff in the months surrounding sweeps. But eh, can't be explosive stuff every day.

What I AM getting, I'm loving. Character interactions, awesome dialogue, great acting. Nothing is offending me or making me want to turn the show off in disgust. I'm able to watch the show without tripping on shrooms to enjoy it.

• Members

I disagree about Belle.

Let's face it, she IS a woman. And independent or not, I'm surprised Shawn would leave her ALONE in that safe house! She is a WOMAN, Shawn. You left her with complete strangers. I don't care if she's a mother. She's beautiful and, frankly, [!@#$%^&*] able. Those two aren't a good combination. She's just BAIT for rape. (And I'll say right after that that this has nothing to do with her looks, or her being a woman, but has to do with being in an abandoned building with STRANGERS. Who are mostly on the RUN like her. That's not good! The FIRST thing I'd think of is rape.)

• Members

Great postd Drew.

As I said in the ratings thread, stores eb and flow and Hogan likes rotating characters and stories. The big 3 couples were huge in Nov and Dec. Bo and Hope were huge all of last year. Let them focus on these stories until things rotate back. I like it. It's a good balance IMO.

I love Nick and Chelsea too. They are really doing wonders with Chelsea and Melvin rocks.

• Members

Rachel Melvin was excellent today, she's turning chelsea into quite the young heroine...I also really enjoyed the sami and kate stuff, especially seeing Kate's true colors in the end...Next week should be fun for their story...

But i agree with Ridge, i hope we get more of a variety of storylines/airtime next week...as much as i love shawn, belle, phillip, chelsea, and nick...there was too much of their storylines this week...

• Members

I haven't watched this show yet, but I hope you guys don't mind me replying about the show in general. I'm loving Days right now, more than I have in years. I do understand some complaints this week though as we did not get much of the "Big 3" supercouples. I love all 3 of those couples, and I would be furious if they get the shaft. I don't think that is going to happen though. In seems we are in a holding pattern with all 3 because of John being in the coma. We know that Bo and Steve are next on the "hit" list of the Dimeras. Steve also has a huge storyline ahead with his quest to remember his missing years. So I'm sure when John wakes up from his coma, we will begin to see these couples again much much more. Now, why hasn't that happened yet? I don't know. Is Drake on vacation? or are they just using his coma as a chance to showcase the "on the run" storyline? My other thought was maybe they are changing some storylines? I hope that is not the case, unless they have come up with some better ideas.

What I am loving though is that we are getting to see the "new" generation of the show, and for the first time in years, I actually feel like they are worth watching. It is too bad that they are talking about Days ending in 2009, because I think we actually have some couples to root for beside J/M, B/H, and S/K. I love Belle/Shawn again, I'm loving Nick/Chelsea, and Sami/Lucas/EJ; plus I see potential in Abby and Max. We do need balance, and hopefully every week(in terms of balance) is not going to be like this week. It's time for John to wake up!

• Members

John & Marlena were huge in November? Where? Maybe B&H/S&K were, but J&M weren't on that much. They were so good though, when they were.

And we were promised that John & Marlena would be on, come 2007, so much that we wouldn't belive it. And I don't blame Sheffer for it. I blame Corday. When you can't afford to pay people you HAVE in your employ, that are proven ratings grabbers (rating = money), logic says you don't bring on new characters, esp siblings for character majority of people can't stand in the first place!

Sheffer can't write for people he doesn't have available. Which is sad, because I fell in love all over again with Sheffer's writing for them. They were so much fun again. Snarky and funny and loving and sexy.

• Members

Uh, Pest Spray, J&M were big in November. John was investigating the Dimera's and Marlena was right by his side. They went to Canada to get the cure for Kayla and Marlena ended up jumping out of the plane and then we had the Smokey Robinson stuff. The rest of the month Marlena was trying to convince John to back out of investigating EJ and then we had the buildup to Italy, in which case we got a wedding and an adventure for them in December. They were on a pretty good amount in November and alot in December. The only thing J&M fans have to complain about is them being off last summer and for the first half of the fall, which I can understand.

I also think part of it is Drake asked for time off. SOD had the information on John/Marlena and their new story and it sounded liked alot of that was going to happen right away but it didn't. Marlena was still in 9 episodes in January, which isn't bad. She was only backburnered the last two weeks. As for KA, she deserved a break and she was still on quite a bit in the beginning of January too. PR was on quite a but last month as well. The balance was only off the last two weeks and that is not something to worry about.

I think many are getting caught up in that rumor on the net that Bo/Hope and John/Marlena are going to backburnered for awhile. I doubt that. I can see Bo/Hope remaining like that for a couple more weeks but John/Marlena have stuff coming next week according to SOW. Stories have to rotate and while I know the fanbases want their couples all the time (keep in mind, I want to see them too), other stories have to get the focus too. Hogan likes rotating characters and stories in and out. We have seen this these past few months. This month was big for the young set and he will rotate things back again soon. The young set was in the same boat as John/Marlena and Bo/Hope are right now the last two months. My point is I understand people want to see them all the time but it's not like they have been off the canvas for 20 straight months. Both couples had ample story up to this point, especially Bo and Hope. Things will start kicking into high gear soon.

If this is about saving money, well then that's ok too as long as Corday doesn't do it too long. If it's a case where he would rather use them later on to play them out for the rest of the year heavily then good for him. I don't mind it. I'm not saying you do thsi Pest Spray but there are alot of people out there that seem like nothing is ever enough for them. I remember you saying you loved J&M's stuff back in Nov and Dec but some of them were complaining the scenes were too short and nitpicking like there is no tomarrow. Same goes for Bo and Hope. Days fans have a very fickle bunch and I even think they would still be complaining if these couples were on. There is always something to find to complain about. It never used to happen before but I have come to accept it from most fans, not so much on SON though. It's sad but it's part of why Days has suffered alot over the past few years. Days could deliver great drama and stories everyday, pretty much like they are now (maybe not as good as last month but I digress) and still people will rip it apart or find something wrong.

I see the sentiment behind all the complaints but my hope is that people think everything through and realize the circumstances that may pertain to this. Anyway, I said my piece :lol:

• Members

The stuff was great. But they weren't on MUCH.

They're on three days in February, and not much more in March is what I read. Bo and Hope were on a lot during 2006. John and Marlena weren't. They were off for three, almost four months. And up until May they had 2-3-4 minutes of airtime when they actually were on. It's not their turn this time around. John and Marlena fans were lied to for the past three years, we deserve not to be spit on for being nothing but 100% loyal. We have to fight to see our favourites, they give us a few days, write them fabulously then takes the back off the stove.

And I'm sorry, but when you're facing cancellation because your ratings suck, you don't put away the characters the audience loves and tunes in to watch. That makes no sense.

• Members

What do you want Corday to do? Deidre, Drake, Peter and Kristian cost to much to be featured right now. That's why they're on the backburner. Martha, Brandon, Rachel, Blake, even Stephen and Mary Beth, are all much cheaper to pay. It make sense that in this time, when the budget is so low, we'd see more of the cheaper actors than the expensive ones.

The story is good, so hopefully, this will draw in more viewers and we'll be able to start seeing our favorites again.

Archived