AMC: Tuesday

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the second time in the last few years that a soap has broken my heart. First, Days absolutely killed me when they killed off Jack and destroyed Jack and Jennifer. I gave up that show for good and cried a bucket of tears.

Now, my second all time favorite soap couple is Tad and Dixie. And just like Days, they killed off one half of the supercouple and fired the actor. Difference is that at least J&J were happy, married and planning a baby when Jack was killed. At least Jack and Jennifer fans got a little payoff but not for Tad and Dixie fans. No romantic reunion, no getting back with Kate, no joy - nothing but heartbreak for legions of fans.

AMC has virtually told all there Tad and Dixie fans to go to hell and become part of the Babe love or just leave period.

Well, this fan who has watched Tad and Dixie from the beginning is going to leave because if I see and hear one more person talking about Babe's goodness and how awful a person JR is I will scream!

• Members

I cried at the flashbacks and I am not even really a Dixie fan. I did love her with Tad though. I wish they had showed some from the NY reunion. Watching those all clips reminded me of how fun Tad's character used to be. Ever since the babyswitch he has been nothing but dark and morose. I don't know who he is anymore. There is no joy or fun in this show anymore. And of course Dixie's death became all about Babe. I was completely disgusted as is par for the course with this show and anything regarding this character. She taints every storyline and everyone she comes in contact with. She is just like a virus that can't be killed destroying all in her path.

I think I may watch the funeral but after that I need a break from this crap. Reading the spoilers has made my disgust for this show and its writing reach an all time high and I can't take it anymore. When a show requires the watcher to hit the ff button 95% of the time its basically a waste. I think February sweeps is going to be brutal for AMC. No one cares about the Satin Slayer, Bianca fans hell fans of the Kane women in general are beyond fed up, and Babe who most viewers despise is still everywhere. Just when I think it can't sink any lower it does.

• Members

Some people are saying all this could be a dream of Zach and Kendall's or maybe Kendall is still in that coma ;)

Father Clarence is an Angel of Death, UGH! Everytime he comes around someone dies. I'm more ticked that they killed off Kathy's adopted parents, what was the point of that if they were killing off Dixie???????? :angry:

• Members

I guess the reason, I realized, why I enjoyed it (and don't understand the outrage), is that while soaps are about love and romance, they're also about tragedy and connecting fiction with real-life trials. The death of a loved one is a real life trial. And again, if Irna Phillips could kill the most popular character, without remorse, in a car crash, as I read she had (and she was the mother of soaps, remember), how is this, definitively, the death of the show? Because a person could say Megan's just pulling an "Irna." Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with Tixie fans; that's part of the grieving process. But to call for or "sense" the death of the show because of this, I think, is a bit premature.

• Members

I hope so -- for the character's sake. Dixie should not go from being half of one of the show's most popular couples, to being a running joke.

"Dixie's dead! Oops, no she's not! Okay, now she is -- Oops! Wrong again! Okay, NOW she's really -- sh!t, are ya kidding me?!"

• Members

Ok I just watched this episode yesterday and I was bawling! The flashbacks were great and I loved the flashbacks of when JR/Jamie were little kids. I am so bad that she is actually gone. I hope that Tad finds out that Kathy is Kate soon, I'm sure it would make this time easier for him if he found his little girl. On the topics of little girls I wonder if he will find out if Charlotte is his as well.

Archived