OLTL: Paul Satterfield's comments to his fans

• Members

>Hi Paul,

>

>I was recently reading in Soap Digest Magazine and it

>said that you might be leaving? Is it true, I hope not

>your my favorate! Can you tell me if the rumor is true?

>

>Looking foward to hearning from you soon

>

>Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for your post. Yes it's true. Now that it's finally out in print I can talk about it. It was supposed to be a big secret but the network already put it out in the magazines so your curiosity can finally be satisfied.

It's not personal. It's not logical but it is typical and certainly business as usual.

I'm not disappointed. I only want to be where I can do my best work and have a semblance of a normal family life. OLTL wasn't it. I have no regrets. I did my very best and worked harder than I ever have.

I will miss working with such a great cast but I am also looking forward to the next role.

So be disappointed, but don't be sad. Thank you for your support and I'll see you on the next one.

Paul

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not logical?!!?!?! Spencer had it in for every Llandview resident. Did he really think that they WEREN'T going to kill him off. Did he think that Spencer was a fan-favorite? Gosh, Tari Signor said in interviews that she always knew Margaret would die and she was a WAY better character than this disgusting excuse for a criminal mastermind.

PS definately does sound bitter, Scotty. He'll see her on the next one? What next one? The man can't act!!! It took me a YEAR to get used to him on OLTL that that's just because I knew he would be leaving soon. Does he think he's above OLTL? OLTL is my least favorite soap because of what they did to Margaret, but PS is definately not above it.

And last but not least, Scotty, I love you for having that Margaret quote in your signature!!! lol

• Members

I'm not really a fan, but I do agree with him. Spencer had potential to be a long term villian, but by having him take over the show and do so much in such a short span of time it's made people hate the character. I remember when he first arrived I loved Spencer, but now I can't stand to look at him.

Now according to SOD they're casting a new super villian. I hope it's more successful than Spencer.

• Members

You're welcome. I knew you'd like it! lol

Did you see the post I made in the DTS VideoBash forum where I dedicated a Youtube video to you?

It was a video with clips of Margaret's 'greatest moments' set to the tune of Wuthering Heights sung by Kate Bush. The video was put together by SON's very own MarlandRulez.

I dedicated it to the biggest Margaret fan I know. :D

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.p...c=15236&hl=

And, like all you guys, I have a hard time comprehending the concept that Paul Satterfield can't understand the show letting him go. The way Spencer has been written and the things he has done over the last several months painted him into a corner. He had no where else to go, but to the grave. Spencer's days in Llanview have been numbered for quite some time, and I don't see how PS can't realize that.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 26 2007, 11:45 PM)
I checked and it says the Spencer replacement will be a less nutty troublemaker. Also they're casting a new doctor likely to be a love interest for Dorian and Viki.

Oh great, that's all Llanview needs right now...another villian. <_<

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 26 2007, 11:45 PM)
I checked and it says the Spencer replacement will be a less nutty troublemaker.

The best villians aren't nutty and campy anyways... so, this could be good. I think Spencer had the potential to be a good villian, their mistake was having him as a villian in too many lead stories and then pairing him with a crazy sidekick there for a while.

• Members

Was that crazy side kick you're referring to Margaret?

I think that MARGARET had the potential to be a leading character. The story should've been reversed. Margaret should have been pulling the strings in the plan with spencer. Higley could have written her ANY way. The story options were endless. She could've killed Spencer (and still could have), she could have turned good with her amnesia, she could've been OLTL's Sheila and crossed over to AMC or GH looking for TJ or something like that...but DH threw her away. That's why I will NEVER accept any replacement for Spencer, because Spencer was a replacement for Margaret.

Look at the simularities here:

Spencer is crazy. Margaret was crazy.

Spencer is in love with Blair. Margaret was in love with Todd.

Spencer "marries" Blair. Margaret dressed up as a bride.

Spencer tries to rape Blair. Margaret raped Todd.

Does Higley think we're stupid!!

• Members

But it wasn't reversed, so to me... they kinda played her as his campy sidekick towards the end to push Spencer as the ultramega villian of Llanview. And as for her still being around, like Spencer, she was wearing out her welcome.

I think that was mostly, again to me, because it was all about Todd/Blair/Starr (and their "adventures" have gotten stale and predictable) with her and no one else. Maybe if she was intergrated more and less obvious with her psycho ways, I could be a fan and would be sad to see her go... but I wasn't. I do think they also crapped out on how they got rid of her, they could have did it better... her dying as a result of the accident was kinda blah.

Archived