GL: How Stupid!!!

• Members

I know the soaps continue to reach all time lows in consistency, quality etc and GL makes a habit of doing five stupid things a week at least. But I have to point out Tuesday's episode, where Jon/Tammy/Lizzie are on the Spaulding tropical island and a moment later they are all at Cedars. Even taking the family jet, it would be impossible to get from the Carribean to Illinois in a few hours. I could suspend disbelief about Jon and Lizzie's return, but Tammy? She goes to the villa, finds them gone and the next scene she's in the hospital!

TPTB just don't care. They started last year with the same type of stupidity when Alan was cleared of murder charges in night court on New Year's Eve.

Ha....it's just pathetic!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's just another in a long line of things we are expected to believe as viewers today: extreme SORASing, extreme de-SORASing, constant returns from the dead, Super Villians, rapist/murderers being redeemed, no one paying for their crimes, clones living among us, devil possession, walking fetuses, and on and on.

To watch soaps today you either suspend your belief on everything to enjoy them or you don't. With everything else going on around them, they have to have their own time frame too.

Raven, the thing I find funny the most is (and this is not in regard to your post but others) is what fans are willing to overlook and what they want - especially in regards to their favorite characters, favorite actors or their favorite show. What we have been willing to tolerate in those regards is the main reason that TPTB think they can get away with it.

• Members

If someone said "find your light" one more time, I think I would have gone beserk. And just when I thought they'd honor the beginning, and mention Rev. Rutledge with a plaque or something that said something about "light", they credited it to Zach.

THUNK...THUD...BARF.

Archived