Days: Alison Sweeney on "The New Sami"

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting these articles, Paula. I enjoyed them very much.

Being a strong LUMI fan, I hate EJ messing around with her .... completely and totally. Find another unattached without a long time history and child and make it work instead of messing with Sami. It's time for Sami to have a stretch of normal living with an adoring husband, son and new baby girl and then an exciting adventure with said new husband, Lucas, of course. Everyone can change clothes and hair styles for fun, but you simply don't change partners like that in real life (hopefully soap life, too). It's an unending story.

• Members

man, I just love Ali~! You can also clearly see her excitement in her acting as well. The character just feels so much more tangible and real.....Scheffer definitely did right by addressing her character right off the bat.

What she says in that selected piece is why this story is working so well! You really can't blame Sami for this one and now we get to ride along with her and we are really able to feel for the character now, where as before, Sami was just a broken record that no one took the time to fix(behind the scenes)

Thanks for posting!

• Members

I think this is genius. Everyone's going to think that Sami's gone back to her old ways but in reality she's fighting to turn over a new leaf. Too bad the ol' rat bastard EJ took her back down the wrong path. Still, it's good to see Sami with a few more stripes than just black.

• Members

I know Ali got sick and tired of playing the same old stories and repeating the same dialogue over and over. How she managed to still give good performances during that neverending mess says a lot about her. I think everyone there who was stuck with JER's lousy writing and character butchering is happy and excited about these new stories. Wait, except for one, but she's on her way out. :lol:

• Members

Well, I think this article was intended to lay the ground work for Lumi fans to accept that Sami is going to have an EJami's baby. It's pretty clear based upon when Ali was throwing out ideas of what could happen with a Sami/EJ baby storyline that this is where the show is going.

The comments by both the interviewer and Ali about Sami being "forced to cheat" were kind of interesting to say the least. I don't think of rape as cheating. With the SOW publicity that Sami sleeps with EJ along with this latest interview, it's clear to me that the show's publicity department is trying to hedge the issue--make it more of a seduction thing than rape. Not too thrilled with that, but I think I know why they're doing it. It's pretty clear that they want to keep EJ/James Scott around for a while and it'll be easier to keep him around making the incident that occurred b/w Sami and EJ (whatever you choose to call it--I call it rape) if the publicity department describes the incident in gray terms...

If HS/Days wanted to go that route and pursue a triangle with EJ/Sami/Lucas after this "incident," I would have preferred that they did an outright seduction scene rather than go with the way that "the incident" was written on Friday. I can't say that I'm thrilled with either the publicity angle or the direction of this story, but I hope that my qualms about where this story is going are misplaced....

• Members

Yuck. Ali's a queen at pleasing her fans (and I'm definitely one of them) but I couldn't disagree more with some of her comments, as well as those from the interviewer. This is no hot triangle, Sami was just RAPED. All these comments made sense two months ago, not now.

Ademption, totally agree with your comments about where they're going with this. You're one of my favourite Lucas fans from back in the day - I was wondering, do you like Hogan's writing for him and Lumi? I haven't watched all the eppies so I can't really judge, but it seems like Lucas is still very one-note. It's nice they have him talking about his flaws a bit (like insecurity) but they seem to be writing him like the angel on Sami's shoulder, always berating and actually yelling a lot, what's with that? He was always a sweet guy with the women he cared about and reserved the venom for his enemies.

• Members

Ali is awesome. She is so good to her fans and I love the fact that she takes time out to discuss fan concerns over story and such.

She seems very pleased with the writing she is getting now. Apparently, she was tired of Sami being in the same repetitive cycle. Good for her. I am happy she is pleased. I am too with the way they have changed her character.

Her story is a hot topic and one of great debate. I think that was intentional. Personally, while a WTD story is something I don't really want to see, I am very interested in seeing where this goes on so many levels.

I do think EJ can be redeemed. Jack was redeemed after all and Hogan is a capable HW and Scott a capable actor so you never know. I love LUMI but the possibility of the baby being a Dimera is a story with loads of potential and has always been something I have wanted to see.

• Members

I agree! We could discuss the 'legistics and politics' of her story for a long time and kudos to Scheffer for penning this, and with such great character. I don't really want to see WTD storyline either, and would hope that if/when Sami does come up pregnant that it is more of a subplot and isn't something dragged out.

I too think that EJ can and most likely will be redeemed. Not only do I have faith in J. Scott, but Sheffer as well. This has been done with a slew of characters on daytime, but has to be done right! Again, I think Days definitely has the potential to pull it off.

I am almost really rooting for a Dimera/Brady baby....can you just imagine the stories that they could tell with this? I know that the Dimera/Brady thing is one of those parts of Days that fans either love or they hate it. I like it, as long as it can be written well.

• Members

Sami learned that EJ (James Scott) was a criminal and agreed to help the police set him up, by telling him that she wanted to help him get away when she was actually leading him into a trap. So, she essentially betrayed him.

Next day, she and Lucas went on a little holiday vacation together and ended up at a cabin with no heat. The weak roof caved in on Lucas, and she couldn't lift the beam off him, so she went to go find help. That's when EJ drove by (he had just shot John and was trying to get out of town) and picked her up. Sami got in the car to ask for help, not realizing it was EJ. That's when he pulled a gun on her. He told her that he wanted her help getting out of town (she would drive the car out of town since there were police everywhere) but first Sami wanted him to help her save Lucas back at the cabin. EJ agreed, but only if she would let him have sex with her in the car... of course, he said this while still waving the gun around. To save Lucas's life, Sami agreed, and she let EJ have his way with her.

After all was said and done, he told her that if she ever told anyone that she saw him or what he did, he would make her and her loved ones (Lucas, Will) pay.

Here are two videos I uploaded to YouTube of the whole debacle:

CLIP 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3BDyuX2tY

CLIP 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwDuwyCENqM

Archived