No Goodbye Party/Cake for 30 yr. Vet Julia Barr

• Members

Not that I'm defending her -- the gawd awful hack -- but the blame is Frons and that miserable Julie Carruthers. Even if Megan didn't want to write a big exit story for one of the show's legacy characters, Carruthers and Frons a.k.a. THE BOSSES should've had enough respect for the actress, and let her know that not only was November 14th her last day, but also provide her with the same courtesy Lil Miss Julie gave Connie and Terri... that latter of which deserved it, nevertheless.

I mean, seriously. What speeches could people give about Connie after only being on the show for a year?

I'm not surprised, though. Michael Jordan & Reggie were erased from the show. Jill Larson & Opal evaporated. Kate Collins was probably never called back to work.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This really is sad and pathetic. Julia deserves WAY more respect than this.....BUT the details behind it all are sketchy. I really think they were just expecting her to go to recurring and didn't plan in the story or otherwise that she'd say no to recurring and just up and leave.

Anyway yeah, this sucks. I'm holding out that they'll be smart and bring her back and it'll feel like she was never gone. *crosses fingers*

• Members

The vile levels ABC Daytime (and AMC in particular) will stoop to never cease to amaze me....

I know actors sometimes refuse a cake on the set for their own reasons. But this is something very different. Not having a cake on the set is a HUGELY punative course of action. I wish I could really describe what a massive deal this is. (And it's not just actors who get goodbye cakes on the set -- it's directors/producers/staff, etc.).

If this isn't clear proof that Agnes has absolutely no say in any decision on the show, on any level, this is it.

• Members

Terri and Connie seemed somewhat ecstatic to be let out of AMC so they both had something nice to say about their former Executive Producer Julia H Carruthers in their exit interviews or goodbye letters. I don't blame them for being happy to be out of there. AMC is in the toilet and JHC could have kept them in BB hell for who knows how long.

Julia left with a different perspective and did not have any kind parting remarks for AMC's current PTB. It's no coincidence she was given the bum's rush out the back door.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Why should ABC Daytime waste money on a goodbye party and/or cake!? They should use their money more wisely.

Julia Barr should be lucky that she's no longer a part of the s*it over at AMC. She's a phenomenal actress that will have no problems finding future employment.

• Members

You just know that if Ruth Warrick was still alive, she'd be GUNNING for these bastards for the way they have disrespected Julia Barr.

Julia is one of soap's greatest performers, of all time, and its an absolute travesty what has happened, mirroring the quality of the show actually.

I guess AMC don't want her to be gone permanently and are waiting out a period of time to get her back, hence no goobye party. Well that doesnt wash with her fans, this is disgusting.

• Members

Maybe because Julia deserves a few hours of being complemented by her peers, and given the full respect an actress of her calibre is entitled to. She is one of the few in daytime who actually brings reality to her role, making Brooke a real, conflicted human being and not a 'hair flipping after i slap her across the face' parody.

Archived