DAYS- SOW Cover

Ponz

• Members

I don't really know why when I said like THREE MONTHS ago up until two weeks ago that she sucked and needed to be canned, everyone jumped on me about it saying Rose was the best thing since sliced bread and now the same people are happy about it but...............

WHATEVER! DING DONG! ROSE IS GONE! She stunk from dia uno!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw... I liked her. I don't understand the Shayna hatin'. She had a unique look to her and I liked her burgeoning romance with cousin Max, haha. Yeah, she became too centered on getting mom & dad back together, but that's the writer's direction. But she's a newbie so I'll get over it quickly, but I thought she could've lasted a long time.

Just PLEASE release Willow! What the HELL were they thinking signing that chick to a contract?!

• Members

Thanks for that. This is what stuck out for me:

Probably an actress w/less experience--someone who's cheaper...

They're discounting FF/BH when talking about 3 more cuts. Let's see: LK (Kate); JE (Bonnie) and RO (Tek) or LP (Billie)? What gets me is that AT LEAST part....

• Members

One can hope.

Thanks for the link Angie. I hope they don't recast Lexie. That would be dumb. It seems Hogan is having to change things at the drop of the hat because of the cuts and that is why they probably don't know whether to kill Lexie. I do think there are hints there they will but I kind of hope they don't.

I do think Tek is one of the next out but I hopes Days doesn't cut much more. This is starting to get insane. As for Shephanie, I figured those were the reasons.

• Members

Shayna Rose was not a bad actress. I remember her first day. I liked her. What got me was the character she was playing. Usually, a great actress can make a character barable (Heather Lindell as Jan). However, even Rose couldn't make Stephanie a favorite of mine, or a character I care about. This is good news. I hope she's not recast until later on, down the road. Stephanie's not needed and I think that's starting to show.

• Members

Recasting Lexie sounds like a huge mistake to me. Now that Lexie isn't superdoctor she's expendable. As for Stephanie, this was a character that should have been introduced during Kayla and Steve's near-death experience but not before. S/K need to be the focus of their story and not their child. She's a beautiful actress but not a beautiful character.

As for the others who will be cut, I hope that Lauren Koslow and Julie Pinston are spared but they might not be a vital part of the future of the show. If they can realign Lucas as a Horton then the Reeds/Roberts are not important anymore. As for Tek... the character should never have been introduced but I feel so bad for the poor actor who keeps getting dumped and picked up on contract for the same storyline. If the showrunners look closely then can see the deadweight looking back at them: Willow, Tek, Bonnie, Shawn-D, Belle, Mimi, Patrick, Roman and Chelsea. But these characters don't help the budget cutting measures which means characters like Maggie, Kate, Caroline, Billie and Abe are in serious trouble.

Who knows.

• Members

For Steve and Kayla fans, they got the SOW cover and here is the article since we have all the others it seems:

How Sweet(ness) It Is! Steve Remembers

At last! Steve's memories - and love for Kayla - come flooding back this week on DOOL. "Kayla hasn't been sure about how much Steve remembers for weeks," says MBE. "So she takes him to this Poconos kind of place where they'd been a long time ago. Kayla thinks if she takes Steve there, she'll be able to figure out how much he knows."

It doesn't go very well, at first. "He says he remembers little things but doesn't feel anything for her," sighs MBE. "Kayla feels like she's been punched in the gut, but she comes to terms with it. She realizes it's better to know the truth. So Kayla asks Steve to do her a favor and be her friend. They shake hands. It's very painful."

But, wait...Before heading home to Salem, Kayla goes to take a bath and compose herself. While she's gone, Steve drifts off to sleep and has a major breakthrough.

"He has this dream, a series of flashbacks of everything that ever happened to him and Kayla," cheers MBE. "He remembers everything and is overwhelmed."

Steve races into the bathroom to share the happy news with Kayla, and...she doesn't believe him.

"Kayla thinks Steve is just saying it because he's afraid she's going to have a relapse," laughs MBE. "She won't allow herself to be hopeful and have her hopes dashed again."

But Steve is determined to convince her that he's not faking it. "There are a nice couple of days of scenes," promises MBE. "Very emotional. Kayla tries to sort through it all and trust Steve enough to believe that it's true."

And then, they finally Patch things up!

http://www.soapzone.com/boards/read.php/days/main/13755

They also gave the Steve/Billie stuff a miss in the Hit/Miss section and there is also the article angie posted about the casting bloodbath.

Archived