DAYS- SOW Cover

Ponz

• Members

I totally disagree about Shawn and Belle being dead weight. Bo and Hope were young adults once, and are two of the biggest power players DAYS has right now. Not even to compare them as couples....but as young adults, these two are certainly needed for the future of DAYS, together or not. The rest, I pretty much agree, except for possibly Chelsea.

King, I hope you're right that the *big* one is James Reynolds being cut...I would hate to see it, but would much rather see that than some of the other biggest DAYS names, including Koslow and Pinson.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never in a million years did I think I would type this: Shawn and Belle are definitely needed, and I think they're extremely compelling. Whoa. It's amazing what great actors and a wonderful HW can do to a person's perspective. I never fast-foward through a Shawn and Belle scene, and I watch their scenes separately too (but ff through the horrible Willow facial scenes and dialogue).

Strong actors and storylines are what compels viewers to root for characters. I despised those two more than any other characters in the 20 years I watched the show, but that's completely changed now. For me, it has nothing to do with a characters age or situation. It's all about the writing and acting.

There are still plenty of characters to cut. Willow, Tek, Bonnie. I'd LOVE Chelsea to be gone, and I know I"m in the minority here. Patrick and Mimi are leaving the canvas already. It shouldn't be too hard to make some good choices.

• Members

I totally agree. When KS and JC were playing Shawn and Belle, I couldn't stand them and wondered why they were pimped all the time. But now with better actors, and more believable dialogue (at least for Belle) they are important to the show. They are the children of two core couples, and you can't dismiss that. Unlike Chelsea, who although is a Brady, but really was not needed and I suspect was only created by JER to prolong the tiresome Hope/Bo/Billie triangle. Those three characters could have faced better conflict then a bratty SORASED teenager who by all accounts should have stayed dead in the swamp. Willow is crap and should have never been brought on. I tolerate Bonnie now, but wouldn't be sad if she left. Tek is all over the place and has replaced Patrick as a character they don't know what to do with.

• Members

OH GOD! I don't even want to hear mention of Lauren Koslow getting axed. That woman has been the one thing that I've thoroughly enjoyed on this show WITHOUT FAIL over the last nine years. Never once have I not enjoyed her. And that cannot be said for any other actor/actress or character on this entire show.

Lauren HAS to stay. She must stay on this show until the show is discontinued, and that's all there is to it. I LOVE her! If Lauren ever leaves the show or is ever fired, I can honestly see myself cutting down to watching once or twice a week, if that. Kate Roberts makes this show.

• Members

Shayna had potential but the minute her character went to "my parents belong together", Stephanie wend down the can. Stephanie was introduced as this fiesty race car driver... uhm... what happened?? Shayna did OK as that IMO but the character shift is what Shayna couldn't handle.

Archived