Y&R-Its Been Confirmed Vincent Irizarry Is Coming Y&R

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt it, Ashley hasn't been a fan fave since she stole Victors sperm and had herself knocked up. She has been on the back burner for years now because of it and how can Y&R justify paying a salary like hers for a character they have written into a corner?

• Members

As far as we know too, Y&R is one of the only soaps not hampered by big budget cuts. So I doubt they would be forced to fire one vet to hire someone else. I am like Bad Zoe, I just think there are no plans to use Ashley that much right now, and why pay the large salary for someone to be on the backburner. I do hate ED was fired, because I love her.

As I said if she doesn't go to Days I would love to see her on another soap but esp. ATWT as Sierra.

• Members

Plus there would be no need to fire ED, since VI is only going to be on for 13 weeks. At least that is what the person who broke this story said in her post. She was right about everything else, so I believe it. Obviously, that could change and I hope it does, I would love VI to stay at Y&R.

• Members

They have been affected by budgets cuts. They guy who played Bobby said he was let go last year due to budget cuts. Kristoff St. John was also asked to take a salary cut when he was in negoiations to re-sign at the beginning of this year. Though I will says that ED was not fired for budget reasons. She was fired because LLM plans on eliminating the Abbott family, IMO.

• Members

I have had a sinking feeling since hearing about ED's firing,Jerry Douglas being let go, coupled wth the character Billy Abbot leaving, that this could indeed happen! But Y&R would just be so bleak without smilin' Jack and all his machinations. Peter Bergman is such a talented actor. I love/hate Jack. And it all depends on how Peter wants me to feel. That is the mark of a very good actor. If the new EP/HW goes on in this way, things do not bode well for the show.

But I am thrilled for Vincent. I hope my fears are silly and unfounded. I know VI's presence on Y&R can only make the show better-if the writing is decent.

• Members

I'm not too worried about this being a 13-week gig because that's basically what a contract is. A 13-week cycle and then TPTB decide if they want to keep you or not. I just think they didn't want to lock him into something long term and not have fans like the character.

• Members

I'm basking in the awsomeness of this news.

I'll take Vincent for the 13 weeks...or 13 years. Whatever. I'm not picky...much.

I hope TPTB at AMC regret letting their competition scope up this talented actor.

Suck it hard AMC...ya bastards!

Archived