HAPPY HALLOWEEN

DruRocks

• Members

So, today is the last day of October which obviously means HALLOWEEN, and then the jump start into the holiday season :blink:

What's everybody dressing up as, going partying, trick or treating, handing out candy, or just another normal day?

For me...I'm still undecided.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, most of my celebratory Halloween festivities happened this weekend. Lots of drunken debauchery which is always good.

Tuesday night I am definitely breaking out all of my scary movies and doing a marathon. I'd love to go on a hayride or a haunted house or something.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! One of my favorite holidays!

• Members

I'm probably going to my Mom's to hand out candy. She's out of town and I've been given the task of looking after her house. Very few kids go door to door in my neighbourhood but there are still quite a few where she lives... and she has a reputation for being generous. How generous? She left me $200 to buy Halloween treats! I'm trying to figure out how to spend it. Chips and chocolate bars? (unless she expected me to decorate, which I didn't do)

I think she's still competing with long gone neighbours from 30 years ago when I was a kid. At that time the street was very closely knit so we pretty much ignored the "rules" about not eating homemade stuff (that could be poisoned or filled with razor blades! etc.) There was one sweet old lady who'd raised 2 sons and a daughter, all three became dentists so she crusaded against giving the kids sugary stuff by handing out really great little party sandwiches. And they were really good. Egg salad with onion and olive; smoked salmon with cream cheese; sometimes even little black bread rolls with salami & cheese. Everyone knew to rush home and unload these goodies into the fridge before continuing the Halloween run. The problem was my damn father would eat them all before we were finished trick or treating! Considering how cold it gets here in late October I'm pretty sure dear old Dad had ulterior motives for insisting we "get that food into the refrigerator before it spoils!"

It seemed like all the dads on the street were exchanging knowing, satisfied smiles as they left for work on those November 1st mornings.

But it got out of hand for about 5 years. A newer resident on the street decided to up the ante by giving out pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken! As the evening wore on, she'd put up a sign that read "all I have left are wings and drumsticks". Most of the families didn't go that far but still they felt pressured to be more generous. For instance my mother would hand out rolls of pennies along with an already lavish array of treats. Another lady heard about that and raised her by handing out rolls of nickels the following year. One family gave out munchkins from Dunkin Donuts; another beat them by giving out fancy donuts. Others would offer the kids cans of soda. One mother even gave out little containers of Chili Con Carne. Homemade cookies, muffins, scones, squares and cupcakes became commonplace.

As you can imagine, we kids went insane, almost as insane as the crazy adults. In most neighbourhoods kids stopped trick or treating by around age 11 or 12, not ours; some would hang in til 14 or 15. The "mentally challenged" boy on the next street was probably still doing it at age 21. I'd tell cousins and schoolmates about it and they wouldn't believe me - but I couldn't believe how little they made off with, for me this was the norm. Eventually word got out and while other streets seemed empty, ours was packed with many little strangers. I encountered schoolmates who lived miles away.

Then there was the year one of the mothers thought she could stick it to the Kentucky Fried Chicken lady by giving out slices of pizza. The Halloween litter was particularly bad that year; chicken bones, wrappers, drink cans, pizza crusts.. and beer bottles! Beer bottles? Yes. My 16 year old trick or treating sister saw that and said "I'm going!" - it was a party in someone's basement rec room up the street. So Wonder Woman ran off to the party with the boys and the beer. Only once the boys had had some beer and weed, they were hungry - and our street was like a buffet! PIZZA and KFC! Cupcakes! Donuts!

But they were loud, rude, too old, and weren't wearing costumes (they did manage to convince the sandwich lady that the beer bottles they were carrying were props for their "Drunk" costumes), so when they tried to collect munchies door to door, most were turned away. This led to peeing on front porches, rocks through windows, and us little kids getting bullied out of our goodies. My beyotch sister and a few other horny girls were part of the marauding gang - TRAITOR took my bag! She said "Don't be such a baby. SHARE your stuff and I'll give you a sip of my beer."

One of them brought out a whole box of fireworks. They were only supposed to light a few at a time to scare up some pizza but somehow a whole pile ended up getting lit on somone's front porch. By then I was safe at home, watching the melee from the window, listening to the screams. They're really lucky no one was badly injured. The police arrived shortly afterward and as they gathered up the drunken teens, parents from nearly every house on the block gathered outside. Words were exchanged; things got loud, heated, a few mothers nearly came to blows. By then my sister was puking in the back garden. I was about to go back outside when my mother grabbed me and said "I told all of you this would come to no good!" (Funny Mom, I never heard you say that, all I remember was you getting into it as much as the rest of them) The police came, AGAIN, this time to break up the adults' little riot.

I watched at the window with my dad, him still munching on something. He pouted and said "I guess that's the end of the party sandwiches.

• Members

Going to a friends B-day/Halloween party, drinking 'til I pass out, and then getitng up at 7am to go to classes. :lol:

I gotta squeeze in trick-o=treating with my little sibs at some point to.LOL

I'm not alloowed to passout candy. I eat all the chocolate. :D

• Members

Well my daughters are both going to friends houses for the night, so I have the house to myself. My neighborhood does not have too many kids, but did get 8 bags of candy. I have given out 5 so far, and looks like most of the kids are gone.

At 8:00 I have a friend coming over for a scary movie marathon. My friend is bringing beer. We'll probably pop popcorn, watch movies, and since we both have the day off tomorrow, will probably get drunk and may even get x-rated. Who knows. LOL

• Members

I did my mega halloween stuff on Saturday. Talk about the most awesome party I've ever attended --- at *least* 100 people, open bar with 3 bartenders, a couple of go-go boys (who ended up naked before the night was over), a full fledged drag show, video monitors playing a loop of the party logo (yes, the party had a logo, a website --- http://nightofmischief.com --- and formal invitations). I was *so* drunk on vodka. The party started at 9pm and I met my friend Doug (who I've been crushing on since June) and his friend (an acquaintence of mine) named Frank out at a bar for cocktails at 8:30 so we'd all ride to the party together. The party ended at midnight and we all then went out clubbing (the place was *so* packed). I ended up going out into an ally behind the bar to make myself sick (waaaaaay too much vodka). After that, Doug & I went to breakfast at Denny's. We found out we got to Denny's right after the police had left --- the place had been robbed! We still got our breakfast, though. :D I didn't make it home until 6am.

I went as a fallen angel (or black angel as I was also called). I had prosthetic horns glued to my forehead, facial tribal tattoos, a leather bondage collar and cuffs, leather pants, a cool (literally considering the temperature) muscle shirt that was a dark,dark blue and distressed in the front so that there were runs and holes all through it, and large black feather wings. My poor wings didn't make it home in one piece. :lol: I'm so definitely going again next year if I get an invite. I should be in even better shape then, so I'll probably be wearing even less. :lol: I hope it's warm. <_<

Tonight I had to work, but we got to dress up so I wore a variation of my party costume --- essentially the same thing but without the wings (which are trashed) and with a solid black lycra YMLA t-shirt in place of the muscle shirt. I'm home now and I'm probably staying in the rest of the night.

• Members

Originally, I was planning to emulate Elphaba, so I ordered a kick ass Wicked Witch costume that wound up far too small for me (I fit it in, but I couldn't breathe). So, for back up I simply order an eyepatch (which arrived today). Not cool, dude.

Archived