Nip/Tuck - 10/24

alwaysAMC

• Members

So last night's Nip/Tuck was ok - slow and sometimes boring - but ok.

I LOVED how we finally got an insight into Sean's past - and with him having a birth defect and using plastic surgery to help himself - makes this entire Connor story so much better - bc you can now understand and feel for Sean's perspective. I also really like the babysitter guy - I can't remember his name.

I thought Mo'nique was great in those finals scenes where she was calm and not trying to be funny. Usually I think she's really funny - but in the beginning of the episode it all seemed forced.

The funeral and all that was sad - I'm happy she got to sing in her dreams I guess one last time.

Anyway - next week's looks GREAT - back to the craziness aspect of Nip/Tuck!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I pretty much agree with everything you said. The flashbacks to Sean's past were interesting, and I guess it was nice to see Mrs. Grubman return and have a true ending to her story.

This really seemed like a one-off episode, though. If it hadn't revolved around Conor's surgery and progressed the Julia/Marlowe relationship, it could have been from any period. Weird. I hate their pacing sometimes -- they rushed Christian/Michelle and then there are weeks where he doesn't even acknowledge that she exists.

• Members

That boy that called Conor a "crab boy" is the same kid that plays the recurring racist bully on "Everybody Hates Chris." As soon as I saw him, I knew he was going to be trouble. LOL! He must be type-casted.

• Members

I hated some parts and loved others. It was a weird episode for me. That never happens.

LOVED: The Grubman (first half), Sean's past

HATED: Still no character interactions we should be getting, backburnered Matt, Julia/The Manny, The Grubman stuff (twrds the end)

It really is beginning to feel like this is the last season or that it maybe should be. It had a weird feel to it last night.

• Members

i was hoping they wouldn't go the Julia/the nanny route...sorry to say but its just gross...If Julia knew about Sean's affair, maybe i would feel better about it...

i didn't really care for last nights episode..probably my least favorite of the series...But it was nice getting insight on Sean's past..Now we understand why he likes to do so much pro-bono work..

• Members

I thought that this Sean stuff was just created out of thin air personally. I just never saw him as the ugly guy or as defected. Geeky yes but no to the other stuff. I liked the flashback stuff and I guess it makes sense now that Matt's side of the family is virtually never seen. But I just felt it was forced.

The flashbacks were probably the best stuff about the episode even thou it seemed all bits of contrived for me. The father and the mother were really great and the last shot into Sean's past revealing his face was the best part because it seemed so 80's horror movie like to reveal it at the last second.

I didn't care for the rest of the show. Sean and Connor scenes were cute. That baby didn't seem to be in any pain at all.

I can't help but think Julia is a hypocrite for saying she will take the kids if he cheats on her yet it's okay for her to make out with the nanny and for the nanny to pervertly watch her hile she is breast feeding. Julia looked pretty in this episode thou. Much more viberant in this eppie for some reason.

This season hasn't been all that great. I think that season 2 and season 3 were pretty. I was interested from beginning to end of those seasons but this one seems especially slow.

• Members

I am just tired of everybody sleeping with everybody, its too much. I know Marlowe seems to be the voice of reason, but that doesnt mean Julia should want to screw him because of that. I dont like where this is going at all.

• Members

I hated that there was no brooke shields(whats her characters name?), Michelle and james. I want to know more about there characters, especially James. I think christian is out of his legue with James, he better watch out. I thought the episode was very slow. I hate to say it but having babies and weddings really kill shows, maybe they should have waited till the last season to have a baby or is this the last season?

Archived