Y&R: Friday Canadian Show Spoiler

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh please nobody is bashing Kimberlin, we're just tired of Sheila. Besides I've heard the term sperm pig being thrown around for Ashley Abbott for years now, and that doesn't discredit Eileen Davidson for being a terrific actress. I've always liked her understated work on Y&R, than her over the topness of DAYS.

Damn right, I hate the bitc*. Proud Sheila Hater B)

Yes. But just because Bell did something "outlandish," it doesn't really give LML the excuse to fu*k up whatever she pleases. And atleast with Mr. Bell it made sense, and Y&R was always a traditional soap, with a few exceptions.

• Members
In this case, I also think it makes sense. Something I strongly disagree with though, is that Y&R is a traditional soap. It looks that way compared to the others, but only because it has maintained it's vision for all these years. From the moment the show was created it was innovative. To explain, I'll show a quote from my Soap Opera History book.

Y&R has been taking risks since day one, this is nothing new for the show. I think there is a lot more wiggly room than given credit for.

BTW, reading this book I'm just dying at how good these old stories sound. I'd *love* for SOAPnet to just pick up old Y&R from the beginning.

• Members

I've always been a Kimberlin Brown fan, however, I was extremely disappointed at how they brought her back on. The story was getting good, but somewhere it lost some steam. I think it was all the personas she had; Jennifer/Brenda that got me lost a little.

For me, it would have been more interesting to have seen more focus on Scotty/Brenda and the publishing of the book. It would have been good to have seen Sheila getting her "story" published for all of Genoa City; including Lauren to see. It would have added a sort of rift between Lauren and Scotty.

Archived