• 1 year later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

S. Epatha Merkeson is leaving.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/01/s-epatha-merkerson-departs-law-order/

I really liked Dann Florek in the role but Epatha was good right off the bat and just got better and better as time passed. I haven't watched L&O in a long time but I hope she feels good about her work in the role and I wish her a great career after this.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

As much as I loathe this show and everything it did to television, at least they could've brought it back for 10 episodes or so, a shortened season.

Hopefully they'll go cancelling one by one of these spin-offs.

• Administrator

After 20 seasons, I think the show deserved a real finale, a proper sendoff. I'm really surprised NBC and Dick Wolf couldn't come to some agreement to beat Gunsmoke's record. The show has made SO MUCH money for NBC for 2 decades.

And I never watched one full episode of the show before.

• Members

NBC probably should have given it a half season pickup, but I think they're more interested in cutting costs at this point, and face it, nobody watches this show anymore.

Perhaps, they should have worked out a deal with TNT to finance and and air first-run episodes of the show for its last season. There's only so much you can do when you air a finale for a procedural drama anyway, especially with a show like this with a constantly revolving door of actors.

Archived