Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does ABCD Want out of the soap game?

Featured Replies

  • Member

AMC and OLTL are both unwatchable. Quibble about which one is worse, at this point it honestly doesn't matter because both are painful to watch. They have been in bad condition for a very long time at this point and only proceed to plumb the next level of how low can they sink. Nothing seems to be done on either show except make the situation worse. Do they want to cancel the shows and get out of the soap business? If they want to stay in the business, why no recognition that there are major problems and some creative and effective solutions to fix those problems?

  • Replies 6
  • Views 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

Does ABCD Want out of the soap game?

either that or they're all on crack.

  • Member

It is conceivable they want to get out of producing soaps in NYC. Both soaps have lost many players due to actors wishing to move to California, some rumored, some real: Jessica Morris, Eva LaRue Callahan, John Callahan, Tuc Watkins, now rumors about Thorsten Kaye.

Both soaps also are heavily rejecting their old identity, and both shows are heavily committed to current/future storylines that many longtime viewers hate. AMC seems committed to the fetus storyline. Even if lDemons was a flop at best, OLTL has committed to Spenser in a huge way, finally playing out his relation to the Buchanans. I suspect that one will pull even worse ratings.

However, to even attempt to fix these soaps is going to take a huge commitment I have yet to see from ABC overall, and an admission that they've headed in the wrong decision. Instead, one hears quotes about 'a bright new vision, rejecting the things that have worked in the past' and 'training viewers to accept the new.' How much of an eroded audience can be pulled back, especially if they are relatively happy watching CBS soaps?

  • Member

I honestly don't think so. I think the problem there is that the president of ABCD has an enormous ego to compensate for his miniscule penis. I believe he tells himself that what's happening with the ratings now is short-term, while his brilliant plan for ABCD is long-term, fully incorporating the bigger picture that the current plummeting ratings fail to capture.

He's too small a man to admit his mistakes & fix the problems where they exist. It's much easier to turn the other cheek and spin everything that casts ABCD in a poor light. Until Frons and his ego are completely extricated from ABCD, they will continue with his mantra of pimping actors, using fanbases, and fixing public opinion polls to skew in their favor.

He doesn't see what he's doing as the death of ABCD- far from it. He believes with all his might that this is not only the future of ABCD, but the future of all soaps, if they hope to survive.

I'll add that in no way, shape, or form am I joking.

  • Author
  • Member
I honestly don't think so. I think the problem there is that the president of ABCD has an enormous ego to compensate for his miniscule penis. I believe he tells himself that what's happening with the ratings now is short-term, while his brilliant plan for ABCD is long-term, fully incorporating the bigger picture that the current plummeting ratings fail to capture.

He's too small a man to admit his mistakes & fix the problems where they exist. It's much easier to turn the other cheek and spin everything that casts ABCD in a poor light. Until Frons and his ego are completely extricated from ABCD, they will continue with his mantra of pimping actors, using fanbases, and fixing public opinion polls to skew in their favor.

He doesn't see what he's doing as the death of ABCD- far from it. He believes with all his might that this is not only the future of ABCD, but the future of all soaps, if they hope to survive.

I'll add that in no way, shape, or form am I joking.

I wish you were.

  • Member

Wow!! Your post is probably one of the most accurate descriptions of Frons that I have read. Very, very sad but true. His ego has destroyed ABC soaps.

  • Member

That post is the best I have ever read about ABCD. That ego maniac believes he is daytime's salvation in spite of all indications to the contrary.

I came over here tonight to post a string asking if ABCD was suicidal. It is just beyond belief how bad all three soaps have become.

It's beyond me why anyone would think that two solid weeks and more to come of dead John would somehow be a ratings draw. AMC is almost beyond salvation. I don't think OLTL can be brought back. Frons has done to much damage to the integrity of the show.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.