Popular!

Cheap21

• Members

Anyone remember this teen comedy from the late 90s/early 00s? This was the BEST show to come out of the WB. It was my absolutely favorite. The show was hilarious and such campy fun. My absolute favorite was crazy ass Mary Cherry but Nicole was the !@#$%^&*] you just had to love to hate. I recently uploaded some clips of it to Youtube.

1. Popular: The Musical! - The musical number from the first season finale

2. Party Crashers - Sam and her friends crash Brooke's party and both girls find out their parents are engaged

3. Fight! - Some of the fight from Caged, the episode where they were locked in the bathroom

4. Slap! - From the same episode. The girls start slapping each other.

5. Mary Cherry's Skills - Mary Cherry uses her special skills to figure out Adam's real name.

Enjoy!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Popular rocked my world!!!!!

One of my favorites is the Prom Queen episode.

"Vote for Mary Cherry and you can win a new car!" :lol:

Remember April Tuna loved to eat kitty litter? :lol:

The butch chemistry (?) teacher! :mellow:

I *loved* the bathroom they had. It was so chic!

• Members

I really wish the show wasnt cancelled and I still dont understand why it happened. I read stuff for the 3rd season and it sounded great. Here's it from Wikipedia

Brooke breaks every bone in her face after being in the accident. Yet when the bandages are revealed, she's exactly the same - except brunette.

Nicole says she was driven to alcohol (and driving drunk) after being sexually abused by Mike McQueen.

Harrison actually chooses Brooke, but couldn't reveal his choice to Sam.

Josh's addiction to cockfighting/gambling ruins his relationship with Lily, so he moves in with Harrison.

After dating Brooke and becoming "popular," Harrison starts getting involved with other eligible ladies.

Mary Cherry is accidentally sent to the pound...and put up for adoption. She is claimed just before being put to sleep by Cherry Cherry after her twin B. Ho is gunned down in her 'hood.

Cherry Cherry starts teaching at Kennedy High--a little course called Madonna 101.

Sugar starts a club for people that are discouraged about their weight to help them out.

Brooke and Nicole become united once again to stop exchange student Unique Jones from ruling the school.

Carmen becomes a nurse after the tragedy that happened to Brooke and becomes Sugar's girlfriend.

Then, Kennedy High is sold and converted into a nursing home, forcing the students to leave for college early.

Five years later - the 3rd season finale - Mary Cherry buys Melrose Place, where the entire gang live, spoofing that series.

Murphy has also revealed that he and the WB entered into talks about a potential spin-off called "The Cherrys" which would have starred Delta Burke and Leslie Grossman as Cherry Cherry and Mary Cherry. Unlike Popular the show would have been a half hour sit-com and follow the Cherrys as they try to rebuild their lives after losing all the money and wealth.

• Members

I love Popular. That's one of my favorite WB shows. I still remember the lyrics to the theme song. I missed the first season of Popular but, I did watch the second season. This show suffered in the ratings because of the loss of Chicago SuperStation WGN.

I have to get the DVD for both seasons of Popular.

Archived