OLTL: John and Hugh

• Members

From what I understand, the character of John was going to get killed off b/c OLTL and ME could not reach an agreement on contract negotiations.

Then, at the 11th hour, both parties reached an agreement. But the John car-crash scenes had already been taped. Yes? :unsure:

Okay, here is where I get confused: From what I have been reading, it is Hugh whose body is mistaken for John's. So the townspeople believe John is dead when in actuality it's Hugh. :unsure::unsure:

Okay, if THAT is the case, why did Dena wait so long to reveal that Hugh is Spencer and Paige's son? Was it planned all along that Hugh was gonna get killed off? Or was Hugh (and the actor) a casualty of circumstance (ME staying, poor plan development, Dena's evil pen, etc.?)

Is it likely that it will turn out that Hugh was not Spencer and Paige's son, and that it is Rex afterall?

Confused is my name today.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who knows what Dena is doing these days. LOL.

But yes ME and OLTL didn't come to an agreement, the car crash was meant to be fatal, but ME signed at the last hour.

The car crash does look like John dies...Natalie mourns and we won't know how the story will play out till November, SOW suggested.

• Members

"Inside Information" suggests that JC is still taping. ME is also slated to return from California next week just in time for November Sweeps, maybe November 13th.

Also, I heard around the next, get this one... it will kill you. Michael is Paige and Spencer son not Hugh. HUH? Is this why OLTL is the laughing stock of Daytime?

• Members

I though Hugh was just injured (I did see a promo with a full bandaged head, and John talking... so it could be possible that they think he's Hugh and "Hugh" can't comminucate that he's not)... I like Hugh more than John, I rather him stick around; than to be subjected to yet another "Natalie, the grieving widow" storyline

A casualty of circumstance, just like others on the show.

• Members

There's a promo were they show the "death" of John McBain with Natalie grieving over him... then they flash to a person in a hospital bed, with his face all bandaged up and John McBain thinks something like "Everybody thinks I'm dead, how do I tell them I'm not." Since the face is all bandaged up, I suspect that the fact was so damaged that no one can tell it's John... they could all think it's Hugh.

• Members

Truth is stranger than fiction. This has got to be inspired by the recent story of those two blonde girls in Indiana who were in a smash-up, apparently both disfigured to the point where two families couldn't tell them apart. One family buried "their daughter"; the other sat vigil by "their daughter's" hospital bed. When the survivor could finally communicate, she kept saying her own name. Even then, they waited for dental records to confirm. There were no DNA tests at the time of the accident. The coroner said they relied heavily on the i.d. they found, plus parents identified the wrong girl as their daughter. In addition, a paramedic clipped the wrong i.d. on the wrong girl.

Hugh would be dead and buried, misidentified as John. John would be alive in a hospital and misidentified as Hugh and unable to reveal otherwise. Just like the two girls in the news.

Although it sounds like they keep re-writing this whole "who's the son" story, with the apparent intention of the ongoing presence of all three players (mom, dad, son), it does drive (no pun intended) more story for it to be Michael. Once Hugh recused himself from prosecuting Spencer, any dramatic conflict there went out the window. Rex has only peripheral interaction with both Paige and Spencer. Nash has never even been in their orbit.

To make it Michael creates story possibilities. Whether anybody cares about any of the players is another matter, lol, but for story conflict, there would be:

-Michael would be the son of someone he hates, who killed the only father he knew and loved. Plus, he had worked closely with both and originally looked up to both Paige and Spencer, then was disillusioned and disgusted by both.

-The relationship between Michael and John would be affected.

-Since baby Tommy is most likely a Manning, it would be all out war when Todd found out Spencer is his grandpa. No doubt Spencer would try to sink his hooks into that kid.

Poor Michael. If being dead Al weren't confusing enough, he could be going from a McBain to a Truman to a Buchanan??? Oy. :rolleyes:

Archived