OLTL: John and Hugh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pooh, do you remember the exact words, John voiced! Some on SZ said he referred to Natalie as his fiancée. I was hoping the "death" of John McBain, means not having to return to his worst pairing on the show. Also, with his latest interview it seems like he is all for TIIC pairing him up with Blair. I heard he might be paired with Marty because he is suppose to have memory loss. But if he knows who he is, I guess that rumor is not true.

• Members

I don't remember John referring to Natalie as his fiancee... I do remember Natalie's patented blank stare as Eve McBain comforting her (which had me rolling my eyes, because the woman just lost her son) at the funeral. Then her crying over the grave. Before that they showed John swerving off the road, Michael identifying the body, and then the hospital scenes after Natalie's.

I hope John doesn't have memory loss, I can't sit through Natalie busting up another potential relationship because she swears he loves her and no one else.

• Members

I suppose it's possible Michael could be Spencer and Eve's kid-which would give Spencer another motive for wanting Thomas McBain dead. But I don't see how he could be Spencer and Paige's kid since he was already around and probably 8 years old at the time Spencer shot McBain. Paige got pregnant after that.

The whole John is dead stuff seems like a hoax. Higley can't change storyline direction that quickly so I'm guessing they always knew he was going to re-sign. Storyline-wise it would have made more sense just to send him back to the FBI and not to build up his family-even hiring another actress to play Eve-if they seriously thought he was leaving the show.

• Members

Hugh was the body Michael identified today. That's why we suddenly saw Hugh's tat last week when they'd been previously covered. The body that was burned and in the hospital presumed to be Hugh is John's. Yet his injuries prevent him from telling anyone. It's why Hugh reacts poorly to Spencer's visit.

Michael can't be the son unless they intend to take a hatchet to the story again. Michael was 4 or 5 when his dad died and remembers him not either a 1 year old or a fetus. Also Paige clearly identified the three suspects in the "big" reveal Dena was so proud of. They were Nash, Rex and Hugh.

• Members

I saw the John promo and I'm already sick to my stomach. John Mcbain is so ridiculously overexposed and it will only get worse.

Whatever storyline Frons and co. comes up with it will fail, just like the fourth (unbelievable) attempt at a John and Natalie pairing. I really do not understand the fascination, nor do I care to, in keeping these two characters together. The promo showed me all that I need to know...

More of the John Mcbain hour with Natalie as the grieving widow. As for Hugh, if it is true that JC was fired, it's no big loss since there were so many wasted opportunities. Even in "death" Easton continues to dominate 95% of the airtime... :rolleyes:

Archived